Remove this Banner Ad

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
As I said, naïve and borderline stupid to assume our form could carry on from a 7 game winning streak into the final 8 fixtures.

Now it is Arsenal's spot to lose. Positive for us is walking away with a point this time around and keeping the gap to just 2 points. But we now have the tougher fixtures and are playing Nuno-ball rather than Conte-ball

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sanctioned FC
If Conte is jumping ship I wonder how this is going to effect the players in the run in. Arsenal would be happy.

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Still don't trust us. Though we are getting West Ham at a good time, no starting CBs to pick from and an impending European semi final.

Which means no doubt we will lose to a scratchy 1-0.

Annoys me more now we lost those 3 very easy games, if we had just won even 2 of them, we would be in a much stronger position.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Still don't trust us. Though we are getting West Ham at a good time, no starting CBs to pick from and an impending European semi final.

Annoys me more now we lost those 3 very easy games, if we had just won even 2 of them, we would be in a much stronger position.
West Ham will turn it up massively in that game. Would be surprised if its less than a 3 goal margin

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

The Everton loss burns me most.

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Chelsea's goal difference should keep them safe, but they would want to pick up their last few wins they need soon.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
Nilbog
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
Chelsea's goal difference should keep them safe, but they would want to pick up their last few wins they need soon.
We should beat Watford, but I have no confidence in the rest of our fixtures. Top 4 is definite up for grabs for both Spurs and Arsenal.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Chelsea will limp home. As Zidane said, massively helps that Arsenal and Spurs play eachother. Plus Spurs have to come to Anfield too.

The Cryptkeeper

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
FancyThankfulDrafthorse-max-1mb.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
We need to beat Leeds and hope Spurs don't win at Anfield, that buffer heading into an away NLD that the home team typically dominates will be crucial.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sanctioned FC
Chelsea 67 GD39

Leeds(A)
Leicester(H)
Watford(H)

Arsenal 63 GD13

Leeds(H)
Spurs(A)
Newcastle(A)
Everton(H)

Spurs 62 GD20

Arsenal(H)
Burnley(H)
Norwich(A)

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Avoid defeat in the NLD and Arsenal are pretty much done for 4th. Chelsea would have to lose every game pretty much to finish outside top 4.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I take small comfort knowing that as much as Spurs may have just derailed our title chances, we in turn derailed there CL aspirations. Give and take I suppose.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I take small comfort knowing that as much as Spurs may have just derailed our title chances, we in turn derailed there CL aspirations. Give and take I suppose.
Derailed us?

We've been doing that to ourselves from way before that. Started with the 50 day search for Nuno. Then the shot on target famine opening 10 games when we attacked worse than all sides other than Norwich. Then when Conte lost his shit realising he is working with a squad of 17 players.

The fact there's 15 sides below us is still a miracle by Conte

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Derailed us?

We've been doing that to ourselves from way before that. Started with the 50 day search for Nuno. Then the shot on target famine opening 10 games when we attacked worse than all sides other than Norwich. Then when Conte lost his shit realising he is working with a squad of 17 players.

The fact there's 15 sides below us is still a miracle by Conte
Oh I'm aware you're your own worst enemy haha.

I do think you will miss out on top four now. Arsenal look in the box seat.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Oh I'm aware you're your own worst enemy haha.

I do think you will miss out on top four now. Arsenal look in the box seat.
Arsenal should have wrapped this up a long time ago

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Arsenal lost 3 in a row lol. United have been poor.

4th spot was gift wrapped for Spurs this season.
Champions League qualification for next season on the line and still in control of their destiny if they beat us and they park the biggest bus the world has ever seen. Son & Kane must be frustrated playing such negative football in a side with that much talent.

Goshka

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Champions League qualification for next season on the line and still in control of their destiny if they beat us and they park the biggest bus the world has ever seen. Son & Kane must be frustrated playing such negative football in a side with that much talent.
Surprised Son hasn’t tried to force a move like Harry did.

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Rivals for 4th spot to Spurs have been Utd (a mess), West Ham (never likely) & Arsenal who started the season with 3 losses in a row and recently lost 3 in a row.

Its still possible but Conte not getting 4th under those circumstances must be seen as a fail especially considering where Arsenal were when he started.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan, Tottenham
A lot of crap on this page.

Lebbo73 utter nonsense. Our plan should have won the game late. We’ve scored the most goals in 2022 but are getting chewed out for not making it easy for LFC to win.

Zidane98 when he took over? We sacked Nuno after matchday 10. All those clubs were ahead of us at that point. That we’ve guaranteed 5th at worst with 3 games to go is a good recovery from that position.

Male faith. Jog on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad