The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a serious question what has Chapman done wrong

Or do you just not l like him

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
As I have mentioned preciously, it's unhealthy to Chair an organisation for 11 years... unless you have been extremely successful, which Chapman hasn't.

It's evident we need change & what better way of starting renewal with a new Chair.

Frankly he has been selfish staying on so long, knowing full well there is nothing the members can do without voting rights.

He makes no decisions there is a board of 9 that do that

I agree with mcgoodwin that He has been there too long it's better for fresh eyes but when then AFL appointed him last year they knew that

The only way he leaves he resigns as he hasn't done anything to have him removed from a board

As for tippet the board may have said it all must be kept in-house or even the AFL may have said it, you know the organisation that appoint 7 of the board members

With the Tippett-gate, Chapmam promised the members would be told AFC's side of the story.

He clearly lied as they never had any intention to, as wanted to cover up & protect staff that should have been sacked.

There has been a lack of accountability under Chapman, so he has failed in his duty.

As I have mentioned preciously, it's unhealthy to Chair an organisation for 11 years... unless you have been extremely successful, which Chapman hasn't.

It's evident we need change & what better way of starting renewal with a new Chair.

Frankly he has been selfish staying on so long, knowing full well there is nothing the members can do without voting rights.
Like I said I agree with you on his length of tenure but 1 year ago the AFL had no concerns with it

Chapman can't be dismissed only he can resign the AMP chairman was sacked due to a lot if dishonest things he did but Chapman hasnt since he was elected, to say he has is tin foil hat crap

He has 12 months to run then it's up to the AFL to appoint someone else

Posters need to release it is not only his responsibility but at others as a collective not his alone

Roo and chappy copy the brunt as they are the voices is Ellis or hazel as responsible of course they are 9 of them vote as a collective

With the Tippett-gate, Chapmam promised the members would be told AFC's side of the story.

He clearly lied as they never had any intention to, as wanted to cover up & protect staff that should have been sacked.

There has been a lack of accountability under Chapman, so he has failed in his duty.
Yet the AFL re appointed him after that saga so maybe you don't know whole is pulling the strings

View attachment 742505
So Chapman says it’s his responsibility to ensure the club is well resourced to succeed, given that he’s failed, then when will he be held accountable?
He's had 11 years trying which is clearly plenty of time.

Enough is enough!

Get someone in who will put Chapman's words into action, because he can't!

Like I said I agree with you on his length of tenure but 1 year ago the AFL had no concerns with it

Chapman can't be dismissed only he can resign the AMP chairman was sacked due to a lot if dishonest things he did but Chapman hasnt since he was elected, to say he has is tin foil hat crap

Posters need to release it is not only his responsibility but at others as a collective not his alone

Roo and chappy copy the brunt as they are the voices is Ellis or hazel as responsible of course they are 9 of them vote as a collective

How long has Ellis been on the board?

Not 11 years!

Should be refreshing the board regularly, including the Chair.

The AFL don't care about our club, so long as we are making money. The SANFL appointee Chapman originally any way.

Not 11 years!

The AFL don't care about our club, so long as we are making money. The SANFL appointee Chapman originally any way.
Like I said I agree on length of term it actually should be written into the constitution but hey it is what it is

Its left up to the AFL

Did the AFL appoint Chapman as the current chairman? Yes or no will be ok

Ellis should have a limited term also maybe 4 years would be well and truly enough

Like I said I agree on length of term it actually should be written into the constitution but hey it is what it is

Its left up to the AFL

Did the AFL appoint Chapman as the current chairman? Yes or no will be ok

Ellis should have a limited term also maybe 4 years would be well and truly enough

Chapman was originally appointed by the SANFL & the AFL have had no need to replace him as he has ensured AFC make money...

Not 11 years!

Someone pointed out yesterday that a couple of the chairmen of other clubs had been there for 20+ years. It’s not always necessary. In our case though, it’s time.

Someone pointed out yesterday that a couple of the chairmen of other clubs had been there for 20+ years. It’s not always necessary. In our case though, it’s time.
No issue the Chair staying longer if they have had premiership success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chapman was originally appointed by the SANFL & the AFL have had no need to replace him as he has ensured AFC make money...
So the answer was yes the AFL appointed the current chairman in Chapman even after tippetgate

I am not in any way disagreeing with you about time is up but he can't be sacked like some want or believe he has 12 months to run he can resign that's it

Rubbish trolling again

He has 18 months - March 2021

If the AFL or the SANFL select a Chairman why is Chappy saying '' I am grooming my successor now'' He shouldnt have a choice.

He is a failure as a Leader

View attachment 742505
So Chapman says it’s his responsibility to ensure the club is well resourced to succeed, given that he’s failed, then when will he be held accountable?

Chapman and the board don’t think that he’s failed. The AFL is the higher power that could hold the board accountable, but as long as we’re not failing like the Gold Coast, they couldn’t give 2 poops about everything else. The AFL have no interest in ensuring we’re a dominant team, hence no accountability to criteria relating to onfield success.

Exactly, the AFL are he key stakeholders in terms of board appts etc. The AFL have no interest in us beyond us remaining financially viable and relatively competitive. In fact I suspect they’re quite happy for us to bobble around the middle parts of the ladder. They’ve got us where they want us, no threat of going under and reliably drawing home crowds for typically average time slots.

Chapman and the board don’t think that he’s failed. The AFL is the higher power that could hold the board accountable, but as long as we’re not failing like the Gold Coast, they couldn’t give 2 poops about everything else. The AFL have no interest in ensuring we’re a dominant team, hence no accountability to criteria relating to onfield success.

Exactly, the AFL are he key stakeholders in terms of board appts etc. The AFL have no interest in us beyond us remaining financially viable and relatively competitive. In fact I suspect they’re quite happy for us to bobble around the middle parts of the ladder. They’ve got us where they want us, no threat of going under and reliably drawing home crowds for typically average time slots.
The afl cannot sack him mid term unless there is gross misconduct which there clearly isn't

As for if we finished last the AFL need teams to peak then fall or the competition will fail

So they expect Adelaide needs to fail at some stage

I don't know what their intentions were when they said they would talk but the AFC and the Tippett camp were both made to agree to not talk about it by the AFL when they were given their punishments. The AFL wanted the story to go away and both camps didn't want the other side to bad mouth them after punishments were given out.

You only have to look at our performances and the stats that are available, and it is obvious that our fitness has fallen off of a cliff.

I assume they do some benchmark testing of the players over the years/season - I'd love to see how ours compared.

Haas should be sacked on this alone (and his ******* mate Burton).

After proving their level of incompetence when overloading the likelihood of them dialing it back just right was exceptionally slim. You’d need to be very, very good to get it right and we know that they’re not that.

He just needs to stand down as the refresh needs to start from the top.

Has way overstayed his welcome as Chair.

Interesting timing with the club at its lowest ever ebb and the Racing SA story leaking out. Oh to have friends in high places with your back.

So last year's review was where we discovered that Hass and Birdbrain had been reading the KangaTech data upside down so we needed to hire Saunders to show us how to use it?

You reckon the club will get the picture about the value of having their incompetent staff review themselves.

You reckon the club will get the picture about the value of having their incompetent staff review themselves.
Last year there was no proper review, but a planned cover up... hoping the problems would just fix themselves...

Is there one person who posts here that thinks Burton has done an good job and should keep his job.

Would be surprised if there was. With all the disagreements we have in this place, his ineptness holds us together.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pretty sure that Jenny and Baccs want him gone, once you’ve lost those 2 it’s pretty well everyone.

Back