The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird, did anyone else get a phone call from Dunstall? I’ve got a message to call him back

Half your luck, I wish I had an opportunity to voice my concerns to someone like that.

At least they're speaking to people who are the right side of the ledger as far as the supporters go and not just talking to sycophantic backslappers

Yes. He was also their head development coach the 4 years prior to their flag year.

Why he got turfed I have no idea but as a Head of Football his knowledge would be outstanding
He was politely and quietly described as divisive behind the scenes

Yes. He was also their head development coach the 4 years prior to their flag year.

Why he got turfed I have no idea but as a Head of Football his knowledge would be outstanding
Word that he got on very well with some of the players but would also talk down some of the coaches as part of that relationship. Also mixed messaging, his way always being the best way. Sounds like he just couldn't accept his station as an underling.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if a bit of this goes on already...

Anyway, wouldn't want that toxic campaigner anywhere near the club, thanks.

Yes they could

But do you think the board will do that

And remember the AFL appointed 7 on that board, are you trusting them to appoint another 7 guns or another 7 Numpties?

I’m just saying that depending on what the review says, some board members might jump ship or be told they should resign

After that I don’t know, I’m just saying they might not all see out their full term as I thought your earlier post implied

I’m just saying that depending on what the review says, some board members might jump ship or be told they should resign

After that I don’t know, I’m just saying they might not all see out their full term as I thought your earlier post implied

The board cannot be told to resign, they must take that upon themselves if they choose, there is no higher authority than the board, the board doesnt report to the AFL remember, its appointed by the AFL but it doesnt report to them, and even if it did, you would suggest the AFL would think GC, North, Port Saints Melbourne are in far more diabolical trouble than Adelaide are, the AFL would see this as a speed hump and would trust the board to fix

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God no

Firstly he's been obsessed with us from the moment we joined the AFL so I don't believe that he would ever accept a role with the club.

Secondly after what I heard about the latter years of his tenure at Port I think he's completely toxic and any club would be crazy to throw him a life line.

God no

Firstly he's been obsessed with us from the moment we joined the AFL so I don't believe that he would ever accept a role with the club.

Secondly after what I heard about the latter years of his tenure at Port I think he's completely toxic and any club would be crazy to throw him a life line.
Yeah all true. But at least the board would keep an eye on him

:moustache:

It feels strangely quiet right now.... Too quiet.

Is the media giving us a break, or have they finally run out of s**t to fling?
With finals starting they finally have something else to talk about. We were pretty much the only thing they had to talk about during the bye week, so we copped a hammering. Now there's nothing new to write about (re: review), and finals to act as a handy distraction.

With finals starting they finally have something else to talk about. We were pretty much the only thing they had to talk about during the bye week, so we copped a hammering. Now there's nothing new to write about (re: review), and finals to act as a handy distraction.
Thankgod. It was getting a bit tedious. It will be nice to have a week or 2 where the microscope falls onto another club!

The board cannot be told to resign, they must take that upon themselves if they choose, there is no higher authority than the board, the board doesnt report to the AFL remember, its appointed by the AFL but it doesnt report to them, and even if it did, you would suggest the AFL would think GC, North, Port Saints Melbourne are in far more diabolical trouble than Adelaide are, the AFL would see this as a speed hump and would trust the board to fix

Please read my post again

I didn’t say the board can be told to resign. I said someone might tell them they SHOULD resign. Review casts the board or individual directors in a bad light, someone also in a position of authority suggests it might be a good idea that they move on

Please read my post again

I didn’t say the board can be told to resign. I said someone might tell them they SHOULD resign. Review casts the board or individual directors in a bad light, someone also in a position of authority suggests it might be a good idea that they move on

No one can tell the board to resign unless they have committed gross misconduct, the AFL might suggest it but not request it, but if you were a board member you could see out your term and they wouldn't be appointing you next time anyway

As for individual directors, any decisions made by the board require a minimum of 5 directors to vote it in, the board act as a collective not individuals so no individual can be held to account on any decision made by the board, it may be recommended by a director but those on the board do their due dilligance and vote on it

No one can tell the board to resign unless they have committed gross misconduct, the AFL might suggest it but not request it, but if you were a board member you could see out your term and they wouldn't be appointing you next time anyway

As for individual directors, any decisions made by the board require a minimum of 5 directors to vote it in, the board act as a collective not individuals so no individual can be held to account on any decision made by the board, it may be recommended by a director but those on the board do their due dilligance and vote on it

whoooosh

Again, your first line - I haven’t suggested anyone can tell the board to resign. Second line - yes, I’m saying it could be suggested to them. Yes they could refuse. But they might also decide to go in the interests of the club and because they’ve lost the support of other power brokers

Jesus Marty I’m starting to see why people put you on ignore. Four posts later to say what I said in the first one

And as for your last paragraph: incorrect. Every individual director can be held to account for decisions of the board. It’s the nature of every directors legal liability, and why they all have directors insurance

Back