Prediction The Round 23 Equation: Where do we finish

Where will we finish?

• 5th - Fold the club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The only issue with this scenario is if Brisbane beat Tigers at the G, that would make them a much tougher prospect than first thought in a GF.
The only team I fear at the G is Richmond. Brisbane for as good a form as they have now, have more or less played two finals in a row in R22-23. They’ll either be cooked deep in finals or their inexperience will crop up somewhere.

B2B is on boys. Strap in.

Tuggers to do us a solid and belt Brisbane and we finish second

All seriousness unless we absolutely utensil it up, we will be heading to the Gabba
I don’t mind that scenario. As well as they’ve been playing we all know that finals are completely different. We are reigning premiers and a finals hardened team and will be playing against a team that hasn’t played one finals match since 2004. I like our chances.

I don’t mind that scenario. As well as they’ve been playing we all know that finals are completely different. We are reigning premiers and a finals hardened team and will be playing against a team that hasn’t played one finals match since 2004. I like our chances.

Brisbane last played finals in 2009 actually, but point taken.

Still, would be a foolish person to write off a side that finished top 2.

So they did but my point still stands. They are inexperienced in finals and would have played two huge games leading into them as well. I’m sure they will not be taken lightly but I like our chances of winning that and going straight into the prelim at home.

I don't think Richmond will win by 30. If they are ahead by 30 Brisbane will get some cheap goals as % doesn't matter for Richmond
I agree but we can dream.

Edit. I just did a ladder predictor and if we win by 10 points or less and Richmond win by 60 points they will jump above us so the incentive is there. They will know before the game starts exactly what they need to do.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's say Tigers win 80 to 79 but we win 130 to 53, that would put us 0.04 percent ahead of Brisbane.

Time to drop the hammer.

who would we rather verse week 1 brisbane or geelong people are saying geelong at the G but i don't get that logic
I would see Brisbane at the 'Gabba as a tougher opponent than Geelong at the MCG.

First, the playing climate may be more slippery especially at night, and secondly, the young Brisbane side has nothing to lose, are in great form, and have a vigour Geelong lack.

Geelong's form has wavered lately, and we play the MCG very well these days.

Let’s be realistic we aren’t gonna thrash the hawks. As it stands we’d play the suns into form if we were playing them this week. Haven’t flogged anyone all year so can’t see us starting now

Doubt Richmond will win by more than 3 goals as they will put the cue in the rack if ahead by a decent lead in 4th quarter. Need to pump Hawthorn so even a close win by Richmond results in WC 2nd
Absolutely. Richmond aren't going to expend energy to pile on the goals and try to finish second, when they can already host Geelong by finishing fourth. And somewhere in between, there's a narrow zone where they finish third and fly to Brisbane or Perth, depending on what we've done to the Hawks. That's not a risk they'll even get close to taking.

So if we want an 80-point swing, we're going to need to provide most of it. The best we can hope from Richmond is enough of a win to make sure Brisbane don't get a sniff. Maybe 4-5 goals.

I would see Brisbane at the 'Gabba as a tougher opponent than Geelong at the MCG.

First, the playing climate may be more slippery especially at night, and secondly, the young Brisbane side has nothing to lose, are in great form, and have a vigour Geelong lack.
Come finals, every team has something to lose.

Why is that "realistic"?

Why can't we beat them by 70? We may well fall short of that but it should be our aim.
And it's not impossible. If Hawthorn lose, they miss the eight, and their percentage is immaterial. It might even be nice to drop below the Adelaide teams, finish 11th rather than 9th, and move up the draft order. So if we get about 40 points up at 3/4 time, where there's no changing the result, we have a strong incentive to go flat out, but they'll be thinking of Mad Monday and strippers in Vegas.

And it's not impossible. If Hawthorn lose, they miss the eight, and their percentage is immaterial. It might even be nice to drop below the Adelaide teams, finish 11th rather than 9th, and move up the draft order. So if we get about 40 points up at 3/4 time, where there's no changing the result, we have a strong incentive to go flat out, but they'll be thinking of Mad Monday and strippers in Vegas.
Need to drop the hammer.

Why is that "realistic"?

Why can't we beat them by 70? We may well fall short of that but it should be our aim.
Agree we should aim to beat them by as many as possible. Realistically from a supporters point of view it won’t happen

Back