The Simpsons Movie (spoilers)

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved the epiphany with the haunting version of spider pig.

"Can he swing from a web? No he cant 'cause he's a pig"

But my personal favorite was "Maybe we should kiss to ease the tension".

Also when the government were surveying all the conversations someone was saying "about the meat lovers pizza, I like meat, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to love meat again" and another one was "noooo yooou hang up" "ok" "She hung up on me!"

1.gif

when the dome comes, moes bar and the chirch's inhabitants come out into the street to look.

When they see the dome - they each run into the other establishment !

when the dome comes, moes bar and the chirch's inhabitants come out into the street to look.

When they see the dome - they each run into the other establishment !
Hahahaha, that was brilliant. I also love that you can see King Toot's next to Moe's.

What I want to know is what happened with the pig? Did he die when the house was ungulfed or did he stay in the Dome? I don't think that was covered well - the pig was not mentioned again after about 45 minutes of the film
i think you might be reading a little too much into it

I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't bad, but didn't do such a great show justice. It really just went through the motions of many previous Simpsons episodes (it starts well, Homer gets them in trouble, everyone hates him and then he fixes the problem).

Homer flipping the bird as he was sinking and Bart's nude skate board scene. When they are trying to cover his privates all along then all of a sudden we get a look at Bart's genitals...bloody hilarious and unexpected.

When theyre chasing him and he makes the chainsaw sounds
They whip their hands away, Homer keeps up the chainsaw... they just look through the holes to see him miming a chainsaw, all the eyes frown... and then they continue battering at the door. Having a giggle when I think about it now.

I was a tad disappointed, but I did laugh a few times I just cant remember what at lol

Ill have to buy it, so I can generally formulate a better opinion of it.

Atm, I give it a 7/10.

It might just go to an 8 or a 9 after watching it again. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the spider pig song was funny.
I liked the scene where the religious church staff members run into Moe's Tavern and everyone at Moe's Tavern ran into the church.

I thought there wasn't enough interaction with the other characters in the show. I think it would have been better if the movie had stayed in Springfield rather than have some parts of it set in Alaska.

Over the past few seasons, The Simpsons' writers have violated the KISS (keep it simple stupid) rule too often. The classic earlier episodes were funnier because I think they seemed a bit more realistic. The idea of putting a giant glass dome around an entire city violates this rule.

I thought the spider pig song was funny.
I liked the scene where the religious church staff members run into Moe's Tavern and everyone at Moe's Tavern ran into the church.

I thought there wasn't enough interaction with the other characters in the show. I think it would have been better if the movie had stayed in Springfield rather than have some parts of it set in Alaska.

Over the past few seasons, The Simpsons' writers have violated the KISS (keep it simple stupid) rule too often. The classic earlier episodes were funnier because I think they seemed a bit more realistic. The idea of putting a giant glass dome around an entire city violates this rule.

You guys arent sophisticated enough for a Monorail

It had it moments - Springfield bordering Ohio, Kentucky, Maine and Nevada and the tongue in cheek gags were clever.

Maybe I need a crayon up my nose.

Judging by the total lack of laughter (except from me), that joke went straight over the heads of everyone at the session I went to :rolleyes:

My mate thought they'd finally given away the location of Springfield. He was going to go home, get an atlas and work it out.

In hindsight I'm sorry I stopped him.

My mate thought they'd finally given away the location of Springfield. He was going to go home, get an atlas and work it out.

In hindsight I'm sorry I stopped him.

4 states border springfield...Ohio, Nevada, Maine, and Kentucky

so no. it gives nothing away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back