The Suns have set on Dew

Remove this Banner Ad

CEO Mark Evans, five days ago:

"I've said time and time again, Stuey's our coach, contracted for this year and next year.

"(If he) does a good job, he'll be contracted well into the future.

“All I can say is that he's got my support to get on with the job, manage our players and staff as well as we can.”

The infamous “total support”

CEO Mark Evans, five days ago:

"I've said time and time again, Stuey's our coach, contracted for this year and next year.

"(If he) does a good job, he'll be contracted well into the future.

“All I can say is that he's got my support to get on with the job, manage our players and staff as well as we can.”

The infamous “total support”

“Full support of the board” generally gives you about two weeks 😂

Any chance this is the beginning of the club being wound up? In reality someone has to go to make way for Tasmania and out of the 2 of GWS and Gold Coast, Gold Coast makes the most sense in the long term
If they appoint Hardwick on a five year deal you’d think the AFL is invested.

If they appoint some random assistant on a “three year deal” that they can in reality terminate at any point then it’s a pretty good sign they’re not long for this world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was given significantly longer than most coaches get to achieve results. the expectation for the last 2 seasons would have been to make finals, and it looks like they are going to fall short once again. do not think this is a carlton or north premature sacking looking for a sugar hit / messiah coach

seems like a good bloke but footy is a results industry

It's his 6th year, he is on 500k+ a year. He needed to find a way to play finals to keep his job especially when there are other good candidates around.

I feel sorry for him but he got a better run at it than most.

Spot on. Would 6 years of no finals be tolerated at any other club? If anything I’d say the suns were overly patient with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back