No Oppo Supporters THE TAN 25 - WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW BOAKY?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love the Syd pres. complaining about not being able to trade for players.Thinks all clubs should be treated as one.No worries.17 other clubs to apply for a COLA allowance for the sametime those Handouts had it.Its only fair.;)

Gotta love the Syd pres. complaining about not being able to trade for players.Thinks all clubs should be treated as one.No worries.17 other clubs to apply for a COLA allowance for the sametime those Handouts had it.Its only fair.;)
Gee, they like to whinge that club.

They have a point. They got punished for not breaking any rules.

They can't get their salary down BUT they want to add more salary. You've swallowed their bullshit.
I beg your pardon??
They played within the AFL rules that the AFL set out and copped a harsh punishment because the AFL didnt like the way they operated within those rules. They should be allowed to do what they like at the TRADE table PROVIDING they have their wages within the salary cap by the allotted time.
The AFL cant have their cake and eat it too.

They have a point. They got punished for not breaking any rules.
No they havn't,Not on paper anyway,But by getting both Buddy and Tippet it made a mockery of the Cola.Would any Victorian club be able to afford both Dangerfield and Treloar without giving up someone(s) significant just to fit in the salary cap? The Cola was setup for exactly that because of the high cost involved in living in sydney compared to other states(Has issues in regard to that re: Melb,Adelaide etc but),Not allow you to recruit 2 players on significant contracts and then claim its because of the cost of living in Sydney.I call it Hogwash.

No they havn't,Not on paper anyway,But by getting both Buddy and Tippet it made a mockery of the Cola.Would any Victorian club be able to afford both Dangerfield and Treloar without giving up someone(s) significant just to fit in the salary cap? The Cola was setup for exactly that because of the high cost involved in living in sydney compared to other states(Has issues in regard to that re: Melb,Adelaide etc but),Not allow you to recruit 2 players on significant contracts and then claim its because of the cost of living in Sydney.I call it Hogwash.

Bur thats not their fault.... they played within the AFL's rules weather we like it or not. Be thankful they got buddy as it has brought the COLA to an end

I beg your pardon??
They played within the AFL rules that the AFL set out and copped a harsh punishment because the AFL didnt like the way they operated within those rules. They should be allowed to do what they like at the TRADE table PROVIDING they have their wages within the salary cap by the allotted time.
Ahh no the AFL scrapped COLA. Sydney said they can't do it immediately. THEN the restriction was placed on them.

The afl don't get much right. They nailed this.

Richmond are allowed to spend 105% next year. Can we say oh but we can't get our salaries down for 2017?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I beg your pardon??

Clearly they can.

I beg your pardon??

They agreed with the AFL that they would start scaling down their payments to get within the cap (sans COLA), and then they sign Buddy to a nine year deal with COLA at its backbone

They s**t in the face of the AFL, and acted shocked when for the first time in their life they got spanked for being naughty

They thought they would get away with it like they did with the tampering around the Tippett deal, and they were wrong

Let em suffer

Ahh no the AFL scrapped COLA. Sydney said they can't do it immediately. THEN the restriction was placed on them.

The afl don't get much right. They nailed this.

Richmond are allowed to spend 105% next year. Can we say oh but we can't get our salaries down for 2017?

Not saying i agree with COLA as i dont. I strongly disagree but i do agree with the swans that the AFL has treated them harshly considering they didnt break any rules. Just my opinion which is clearly different then yours and i accept that. But please don't confuse my own opinions with believing the crap spun by someone else.

They agreed with the AFL that they would start scaling down their payments to get within the cap (sans COLA), and then they sign Buddy to a nine year deal with COLA at its backbone

They s**t in the face of the AFL, and acted shocked when for the first time in their life they got spanked for being naughty

They thought they would get away with it like they did with the tampering around the Tippett deal, and they were wrong

Let em suffer

Was that agreement before or after they landed Buddy??

Bur thats not their fault.... they played within the AFL's rules weather we like it or not. Be thankful they got buddy as it has brought the COLA to an end
Well i think it is when they are using it for anything other than it was setup for.

Not saying i agree with COLA as i dont. I strongly disagree but i do agree with the swans that the AFL has treated them harshly considering they didnt break any rules. Just my opinion which is clearly different then yours and i accept that. But please don't confuse my own opinions with believing the crap spun by someone else.
COLA isn't the rule anymore though. The rules on it were changed. Sydney needed time to adjust YET want to bring guys in at any wage. It makes no sense.

They're not being punished for breaking rules. They're being punished for their unwillingness to abide by the new rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back