No Oppo Supporters The TAN 76 - No toilet paper hoarders allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as people start seeing the reduced number of new cases, they think we're in the clear so start going out more. Yesterday at lunch my local shopping centre looked like it was stocktake sales time. Car park was full, the line for McDonalds was like the Monash at peak hour. I get the shops are all shut today so it was probably a lot of people getting their last minute shopping done, which was stupid as the shops are only closed for 24 hours.
Panic buying, but the reality is we can’t be trusted to do the right thing so draconian laws are put into place, I went to woollies
yesterday and it was one in one out and this idiot started abusing the staff over it

He'll say it more often now as there will be idiots who see that we're only getting 20-30 new cases a day and think it means that they can start doing things as they normally would.

So by keeping the threat out there that things could become harsher it will remind people to stay home unless necessary.

Unfortunately this weekend has seen a heap of people heading down the coast to their holiday homes for the Easter break, which while it is allowed under the restrictions, just puts extra risk on those communities which have so far been spared any major outbreaks.

All it takes is a couple of asymptomatic people to go down there and start spreading the virus around and we'll face another surge in cases. Much like Singapore and Japan are now having after relaxing their restrictions after the initial flattening of the curve.

Exactly.

I’m worried about the next few weeks. Theres just so many moronic Australians that are capable of bringing this whole thing undone because of a false sense of security.

Anyone know what our current day to day testing rates are right now v a couple of weeks ago ?

Panic buying, but the reality is we can’t be trusted to do the right thing so draconian laws are put into place, I went to woo;use yesterday and it was one in one out and this idiot started abusing the staff over it
No accounting for stupidity...it runs it's own course...CV is showing up a lot of campaigners with a massive sense of entitlement...
Starting with this campaigner who tried to beat the change of residence law by three weeks prolly due to his inside info...

Exactly.

I’m worried about the next few weeks. Theres just so many moronic Australians that are capable of bringing this whole thing undone because of a false sense of security.

Anyone know what our current day to day testing rates are right now v a couple of weeks ago ?
Without massive testing we have no idea how infected we all are...scotty from advertising holding back and hoping his business mates will step in and take up the leadership vacuum in manufacturing CV Testing Kits...or he's taking the easy option and importing them from chyna...

Without massive testing we have no idea how infected we all are...scotty from advertising holding back and hoping his business mates will step in and take up the leadership vacuum in manufacturing CV Testing Kits...or he's taking the easy option and importing them from chyna...
I know we don’t have massive testing going but from an article I saw yesterday our testing per million is actually higher than places like Italy, Spain, UK and US.

Honestly if the cases of COVID-19 go up again this weekend hopefully it’ll finally get through to idiots that the danger has NOT passed.

Panic buying, but the reality is we can’t be trusted to do the right thing so draconian laws are put into place, I went to woollies
yesterday and it was one in one out and this idiot started abusing the staff over it
If I was the manager of supermarket I'd be banning anyone from entering the store who abused the staff. Supermarket workers are putting themselves at as much risk as health care workers given they are having to deal with numerous people each and every day.

Exactly.

I believe in NSW & WA there is more widespread testing available to try and account for asymptomatic carriers. Not sure on other states.

A false sense of security is going to be very dangerous. It's one thing that I don't think Richmond fans will embrace as I've never seen a group more cautious when it comes to feeling confident that something is a given too early.

I know we don’t have massive testing going but from an article I saw yesterday our testing per million is actually higher than places like Italy, Spain, UK and US.

Honestly if the cases of COVID-19 go up again this weekend hopefully it’ll finally get through to idiots that the danger has NOT passed.
Get through to scotty from advertising we need CV testing kits pronto...
We know who has it we can isolate them...and slow the spred...having the population do social isolation is scotty doing it on the cheap and praying things will turn around...

Reckon we are going to see more plastic/glass screens like they have at the Banks more in general life...supermarkets...chemists...GP practises...Receptionists...Post Offices...Service Stations...anything to keep the great unwashed breathing germ laden molecules down over receptionists/staff sitting two feet away...

Last edited:
I doubt it.
Selfish pricks knew not to go in the first place.I'm more peeved about those self isolators who have/will be caught.Send straighter into the slammer for 2 weeks.No ifs or buts.

Take mind off the situation.
Great historical website.
Early Melbourne and other stories.
The writer visited Mr Baxter for his "lacteal supply".
Gellibrand was apparently an early Aboriginal mediator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dees supporter on main board trying to tell me a Friday night Saints Norf game would draw the same revenue and ratings as a Sunday afternoon Pies Tigers game. I get what he is trying to say. But a game between the 2 biggest clubs draws more no matter when it is played.
Dee's supporter is not thinking logically - ski fields gonna be closed this winter...

Get through to scotty from advertising we need CV testing kits pronto...
We know who has it we can isolate them...and slow the spred...having the population do social isolation is scotty doing it on the cheap and praying things will turn around...
It’s the Australian way , she’ll be right mate

If I was the manager of supermarket I'd be banning anyone from entering the store who abused the staff. Supermarket workers are putting themselves at as much risk as health care workers given they are having to deal with numerous people each and every day.

I believe in NSW & WA there is more widespread testing available to try and account for asymptomatic carriers. Not sure on other states.

A false sense of security is going to be very dangerous. It's one thing that I don't think Richmond fans will embrace as I've never seen a group more cautious when it comes to feeling confident that something is a given too early.
“ It's one thing that I don't think Richmond fans will embrace as I've never seen a group more cautious when it comes to feeling confident that something is a given too early.”

And Liverpool supporters

As soon as people start seeing the reduced number of new cases, they think we're in the clear so start going out more. Yesterday at lunch my local shopping centre looked like it was stocktake sales time. Car park was full, the line for McDonalds was like the Monash at peak hour. I get the shops are all shut today so it was probably a lot of people getting their last minute shopping done, which was stupid as the shops are only closed for 24 hours.

That’s usual for Thursday before Good Friday. Covid or not Thursday before Good Friday is always a nightmare

Like it or not Scotty from Marketing as done a remarkable job through this. Only bias would lead you to believe otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back