List Mgmt. The too early Jackson Edwards 2017 Draft Plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus that's shitful to hear with Pascoe, really thought he was a certainty to go in the top half of the draft. I'd still draft him knowing that and take the risk.

Perhaps the knee with Fogarty explains his lack of form at the U18 Championships because he certainly played with it heavily strapped?

Once again I agree with you Bicks, Pascoe is a very talented kid who deserves to be drafted. At present we are a pretty settled side so drafting a kid of his ability and allowing him to rehab for a season wouldn't be the worst strategy.

That's a lot of s**t you just spoke.

Hardly, Daniel had everything (except height) you look for in a midfielder during his draft year. Good pace, evasive, clean, hard at the football, very good skills, killed it at the champs and was playing league football.

He needed all of that to get drafted in the main draft, because that's how crippling his lack of height was.

Hardly, Daniel had everything (except height) you look for in a midfielder during his draft year. Good pace, evasive, clean, hard at the football, very good skills, killed it at the champs and was playing league football.

He needed all of that to get drafted in the main draft, because that's how crippling his lack of height was.
So that makes him a once in a generation player? A once in a generation player will be a once in a generation player regardless of their height. That's what makes them a once in a generation player.

Would be an odd feeling, making your league debut against the club you'll likely be playing for next year.

So that makes him a once in a generation player? A once in a generation player will be a once in a generation player regardless of their height. That's what makes them a once in a generation player.

What I'm saying is he would have been had he been at a midfielders height. To be a once in a generation player you need to be tall, as it just simply won't happen to anyone under 180cms as the lack of height is to crippling of a negative.

To most positions, height is one of the most important things a player can have. It allows the player to be a bigger bodied, hit harder, bigger wingspan and gives a better platform to use every tool they have. The smaller you are, the more tools you need to even survive at an AFL level, and the more limited your chances are position wise. The fact Daniel even managed to get drafted in the main draft shows how advanced his game was, as simply, at his height you have to be very good at everything in your power (speed/skills/want) to be even considered to be drafted.

If he was 15cm taller he would have been marginally taller than Sam Mitchell.

He's a good player, but teams allow him space because he has very minimal hurt factor.

What I'm saying is he would have been had he been at a midfielders height. To be a once in a generation player you need to be tall, as it just simply won't happen to anyone under 180cms as the lack of height is to crippling of a negative.

To most positions, height is one of the most important things a player can have. It allows the player to be a bigger bodied, hit harder, bigger wingspan and gives a better platform to use every tool they have. The smaller you are, the more tools you need to even survive at an AFL level, and the more limited your chances are position wise. The fact Daniel even managed to get drafted in the main draft shows how advanced his game was, as simply, at his height you have to be very good at everything in your power (speed/skills/want) to be even considered to be drafted.
Again, once in a generation is a load of wank, let's get real here. If Sam Mitchell was Caleb's height he would still be a better player - and Sam Mitchell isn't regarded a once in a generation player.

Jackson Edwards VS Ben Jarman ,... head to head this weekend :) Any way I can get access to this game online? (I'm living in the UK for those that don't know)

Again, once in a generation is a load of wank, let's get real here. If Sam Mitchell was Caleb's height he would still be a better player - and Sam Mitchell isn't regarded a once in a generation player.
Not getting into the debate about once in a generation, but Sam Mitchell didn't start off as a freak with the ball in hand. Daniel still has lots of development left in that area being so young to the game. You can see how skilled he was at the lower levels and how it hasn't translated fully yet. He'll get better imo. Maybe not to Mitchell in his peak but you never know. I never thought Mitchell would be as good as he was.

Would be an odd feeling, making your league debut against the club you'll likely be playing for next year.

He made a mockery of a few players in the open training sessions I saw, interesting to see how he goes this weekend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a highlights package but showed clean skills, clear decision making, courage in the air and I liked he was able to baulk a player to go on his non-preferred and hit up a short pass inboard.

Looks like a great debut...now tone it down a bit Jackson, we don't need you doing silly things like dominating SANFL league matches before the draft.

Is he left or right footed? I couldn't tell (which is a good thing)

IIRC Tyson was pretty big on teaching his boys to kick well off both feet from an early stage. It's a good skill to have as it often creates goals to be able to go on your left effectively when your opponent assumes you'll go right. Also can get you out of tight places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back