List Mgmt. The Unofficial Ron Barassi Father/Child Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve not heard he’s moving. We have or will be moving Marley Davey down to Melbourne for next year.
Cheers mate. I guess he's going to do another year at All Saints (Will Ashcroft's school before Brighton Grammar) before reassessing his best option for year 12 this time next year. Might sound a little silly but he's potentially better off staying here for the time being while he's attending school with and playing club footy at Broadbeach with with fellow U16 AAs Beau Addinsall, Jai Murray and Zeke Uwland. He may also get the opportunity to play with likely top 10 pick Leo Lombard at Broadbeach next year. Sometimes I think juniors benefit greatly from continuing to play with other highly talented juniors and in this case these are players he's already built years of synergy with. It's a big year for Kalani as he transitions into U18 footy as a bottom ager where his height won't be as big of an advantage and the expectations are on him after being named a starter in the U16 AA team last year. Should be an interesting watch!

Is he any good? I thought he was like a Kynan Brown in that he was a fair way off the top tier kids. He looks fit and strong though. If he's got half the talent his old man had then worth more than a look 🙏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he any good? I thought he was like a Kynan Brown in that he was a fair way off the top tier kids. He looks fit and strong though. If he's got half the talent his old man had then worth more than a look 🙏
The games I watched him last year in the Coates League for Oakleigh Chargers was pretty underwhelming to be honest.

Played mostly as a 3rd tall forward before being pushed down back later in the back end of the season.

But in fairness to him he was a bottom ager so a lot of water to go under the bridge. Based on my observations without taking into consideration that he'll be a top age prospect this year, I would say he is a rookie option at best or even could be passed up if he doesn't show a huge improvement in his game.

The games I watched him last year in the Coates League for Oakleigh Chargers was pretty underwhelming to be honest.

Played mostly as a 3rd tall forward before being pushed down back later in the back end of the season.

But in fairness to him he was a bottom ager so a lot of water to go under the bridge. Based on my observations without taking into consideration that he'll be a top age prospect this year, I would say he is a rookie option at best or even could be passed up if he doesn't show a huge improvement in his game.
Agreed. Would be great to see an Yze, Woewodin, Brown, Viney and White playing together. From what I hear though, he's a long way off it. Fingers crossed he can improve enough to get drafted.

Agreed. Would be great to see an Yze, Woewodin, Brown, Viney and White playing together. From what I hear though, he's a long way off it. Fingers crossed he can improve enough to get drafted.

The knock on Noah so far has been a lack of (trigger warning for the trolls) competitiveness. To be fair to him though he only decided to really have a proper crack at footy a little while ago so there's the potential that he will improve a fair bit this year hopefully. I used to work with a member of the Yze clan so would get the updates.

Thought you guys might be interested to find out that Kalani White played for the Suns U18 Academy team last night in a match against the Brodbeach Cats senior/U23 QAFL team (his own local club). He played fullback and wasn't swung into the ruck, but he must have gone alright because the reports are that the Academy team were victorious by about 10 goals. White should keep his spot for the upcoming academy series against Brisbane, Sydney, GWS etc and I'd say he's a fair chance to play in the CTL games against Oakleigh, Dandenong, Geelong and Calder in April-May.

The Dandenong (Seaford, May 5) and Calder (Cragieburn, May 19) games will be played in Victoria for any of you that want to see Kalani play live.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back