#returnofthewings
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals, Wildcats, Warriors
May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Is your complaint about the content of the tweet or the article?

The article is just the WCE-relevant bit of an afl.com.au article about which player is each club's talisman

The tweet itself. Just would like someone who is a little bit more imaginative and creative in the social media department not someone that appears to be a 65 woman who has discovered a computer for the first time. It's not really a legit gripe. Disregard my outburst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pottering

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Redlegs), Hiroshima Carp
Way back on April 10 I received a bulk text message from the club, ostensibly from Shannon Hurn, asking me to join him as we battled Caaarlton that night. The message then noted a 6.10pm "kick off". Now I knew the message wasn't actually from Shannon and the use of the soccer term "kick off" really gave the game away. So I emailed the club to point out that football in fact starts with a bounce down. Amazingly a few days later I got a response and they noted what I had said and the next time I got such a message they used the term "bounce down". Minor victory.

When you delegate what seems a simple job you need to make sure the person doing is on the ball, not like the guys they use at Indian cricket grounds to direct people to their seats, they always seem to end up standing directly behind the bowler's arm and upsetting the batsman while remaining oblivious as the umpire tries to tell them to move.

BITW

Senior List
Aug 22, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
How are you guys getting texts from the club? Feels like interstate members get jipped so hard.

jakethebear

Team Captain
Aug 10, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers
I'm wondering if the media department has changed. Yesterday the club twitter said 'PS- We know you're waiting for the web article, but we've got a publishing delay! We'll get it to you ASAP #goeagles'
Then today Tony Abbott announces $10 million for the Lathlain base and rather than live tweeting considering it is big news nothing tweeted till afterwords, just seems odd.

FLX121

Senior List
Sep 14, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm waiting for a pre game duck face selfie pic from the coaches box before I get excited about a social media revamp.

HeaveHo_WeBlow

All Australian
Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Snapchat game is strong.
I actually don't mind their snapchats.
Except 10 seconds isn't long enough for the team song.

At least this way instead of Foxfooty cold dicking me, and forcing me to watch the abomination called 'The Bounce' just to see our team song.
I can get it off Snapchat.

Back