The West (Worst) Australian. Lack of accountability for the media

Remove this Banner Ad

freo1

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pretty useless media outlet anyway but with this story they have excelled to a new low - Injury cheering.

Remarkable how media outlets have no accountability or respect, yet they're happy to whinge when they feel threatened - ala what happened to Clarkson recently.

Would love to hear some detailed football analysis from someone, just like what Ricky Ponting does at the cricket. Instead our commentators just spruik opinions, gossip and scandals.

Attachments

• The Worst.JPG
    The Worst.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 468
Pretty useless media outlet anyway but with this story they have excelled to a new low - Injury cheering.

Remarkable how media outlets have no accountability or respect, yet they're happy to whinge when they feel threatened - ala what happened to Clarkson recently.

Would love to hear some detailed football analysis from someone, just like what Ricky Ponting does at the cricket. Instead our commentators just spruik opinions, gossip and scandals.

What do you expect from the local West Coast newsletter though?

I can think of a major Melbourne paper with a constantly drunk head football writer that we'd happily send your way.

Free of charge, no returnsies

Media in general these days is just putrid... full of clickbait, sensationalism, exaggeration, soundbites.

giphy.gif

I can think of a major Melbourne paper with a constantly drunk head football writer that we'd happily send your way.

Free of charge, no returnsies

There is a decent debate to be had here, what is worse - Herald Sun or West Australian?

Always loved the weekend West, it's kilograms of paper but about four pages worth reading.

What do you expect from the local West Coast newsletter though?

Don’t link us with that shitrag please.

The quality of that “newspaper” is so bad my dog won’t even piss on it.

There is a decent debate to be had here, what is worse - Herald Sun or West Australian?

Always loved the weekend West, it's kilograms of paper but about four pages worth reading.

I'm genuinely surprised they're not both owned by the same person, they're equally bad.

The West Australian was once a respected newspaper in WA. Now it is nothing more than a Harvey Norman/Domaine catalogue with some news stories thrown in to make it look like it is still a newspaper.
Their website is just as bad and not worth paying a dollar a day.

Having lived in both states, the Hun overall is worse as it's basically a hate rag, but the football coverage in The West is bottom shelf, absolutely appalling.

Both outlets are very strong contributors to the high rate of devolution we've been seeing in Australian society over the last couple of decades.

I don’t think the headline is that bad? There’s no “cheering”, and having a forward capable of kicking a bag missing is “welcome news”.

Agree with your overall point though.

No accountability.
Scumbag behaviours and the nerve to act shocked when they push people to react and they react.
Complete and utter drunk buffoons like Robbo leading the biggest footy paper in the country? It’s ridiculous. He doesn’t even try to show a modicum of professionalism. He embraces slobbiness and sloppiness and doesn’t even attempt impartial writing - just look at how he has reported on the entire Essendon coaching and board issues. He’s that far up Sheedy and Hird he should charge them for a colonoscopy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mongrel punt goes alright

Freo supporters still whinging about the worst instead of just ignoring that rag. Never change.
Someone need a cuddle?

I actually have avoided the Worst for years, but when headlines still pop up in adverts i'm still happy to comment how bad they are.

Now, it's 8.30pm, you probably need tucking in right?

Having lived in both states, the Hun overall is worse as it's basically a hate rag, but the football coverage in The West is bottom shelf, absolutely appalling.

Both outlets are very strong contributors to the high rate of devolution we've been seeing in Australian society over the last couple of decades.
They are both shameless cheerleaders for the Liberal party

Remove this Banner Ad

Back