FTA-TV The Wheel Of Time (WoT) *NO BOOK SPOILERS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Season 2 over the weekend. Thought it was a massive improvement on the steaming pile of garbage, which was Season 1. It still wasn't good, but it was definitely a massive improvement on what preceded it.

Disappointed that Judkins couldn't help himself in the last episode though, with Rand needing to be saved by women - Egwene & Moiraine.

Thought Matt's character did nothing until the final episode. To be fair, he spent most of it locked in a cell, under the White Tower. That wasn't at all consistent with the books, but was probably a workaround caused by the departure of the original actor (and hence his non appearance at the Eye of the World).

Actually, the same could be said for most of the male roles - they did SFA for the bulk of the series, until being rescued by the females at the end (e.g. Moiraine rescuing Rand from Selene/Lanfear). Judkins' obsession with the male characters needing to be rescued by the women is seriously tedious. Why does he consistently insist on stripping the male characters of their agency?

Most of the story time was dedicated to Moiraine, and the girls in the White Tower. At least the girls' storylines were reasonably consistent with the books, albeit with so much time dedicated to them, there was almost no time for Matt & Rand, who are the two best characters in the entire series.

Rafe has confirmed we are going back to the Two Rivers, Aiel Wastes and Rhuidean, Tanchico, and see the Sea Folk. Unfortunately there will be more White Tower politics so hopefully we finally get Elaida.

I don't really know how they will fit everything into 8 episodes- especially if we continue to get so much of the Moiraine bullshit.

Rafe has confirmed we are going back to the Two Rivers, Aiel Wastes and Rhuidean, Tanchico, and see the Sea Folk. Unfortunately there will be more White Tower politics so hopefully we finally get Elaida.

I don't really know how they will fit everything into 8 episodes- especially if we continue to get so much of the Moiraine bullshit.

They clearly want to keep Liandrin after establishing her character so well over the past two seasons, but I suspect they'll merge her character with Alviarin's instead of Elaida's. If I were to guess, they could introduce her during a visit to Caemlyn - whilst also introducing Galad and Gawyn. Whether that's next season or the season after... 🤷

It seems that Book 3's main story leading to the Stone of Tear and Callandor has been skipped - so we'll be going straight to the Book 4 storylines next season.

But the 8 episode limit will really stymie them as they try to cover all that content, with no "everyone meets at X" wrap up possible. Daniel Greene and Brandon Sanderson were scathing of the 8 episode limit during their S02E08 viewing, and rightfully so.

Rafe and his team are getting better as the series progresses, but they're not being given the chance to flesh out the characters beyond the main cast.

Why don't you want more of the Tower politics. From memory it was such a big part of the books.

They clearly want to keep Liandrin after establishing her character so well over the past two seasons, but I suspect they'll merge her character with Alviarin's instead of Elaida's. If I were to guess, they could introduce her during a visit to Caemlyn - whilst also introducing Galad and Gawyn. Whether that's next season or the season after... 🤷

It seems that Book 3's main story leading to the Stone of Tear and Callandor has been skipped - so we'll be going straight to the Book 4 storylines next season.

But the 8 episode limit will really stymie them as they try to cover all that content, with no "everyone meets at X" wrap up possible. Daniel Greene and Brandon Sanderson were scathing of the 8 episode limit during their S02E08 viewing, and rightfully so.

Rafe and his team are getting better as the series progresses, but they're not being given the chance to flesh out the characters beyond the main cast.
8 episodes is way to short. you would struggle with 10 even.

Why don't you want more of the Tower politics. From memory it was such a big part of the books.

A lot of it is unnecessary and taken away from actually advancing the story. The Tower politics didn't really matter much in the grand scheme of things in the early books.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back