Preview 2020 Round 3 Richmond v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great INs this week. Pleasantly surprised they kept Stack in. Rioli had to go, he's been invisible. Just wish we kept Butler, he was a good pairing with George.

Want to see us in front at qtr time.

Dimma gave a press conference crapping on about rewarding those in the 2's that were in good form. Next minute
Baker: didn't play in 2's was at funeral
Martin: coming back from injury
Nankervis: played in the 2's hardly set the world on fire
KMac: back from injury has played one game in the 2's just average

Strange
According to Clarke, MacIntosh played well, one of three he mentioned with Dow and RCD.
And Nank, well you know what you will get, a contest. Soldo was smashed last week after a decent game the week before.

Whats happening to Lambert this year? is their a reason for his drop off?
None of the midfield group have really fired this year yet, he isnt alone

Hasnt dropped off any more than the rest of our mids, who all need to (and will) step up

also his biggest strength, running his oppo into the ground, has been taken from him with the shorter qtrs

Are you cooked ? We are not Adelaide mate , if we have a chance for a flag we go for it
You think these senior guys would like the fact that we will waste a year and not go for a flag ?

Yep, relaxing into a non-competitive attitude is corrosive. Ask a Dees or Blues supporter. Takes a decade to undo the damage.

Kudos for noticing! I reckon most opposition supporters would be hard pressed to name him, but his one of our most important. As above, my opinion is that most of the drop-off is lack of form / touch, like all our midfield, but the shorter quarters don't help.

It's only been two poor games. Bit unlike him. Super consistent. Interested to see how he responds.

Everyone must watch a different game to me. Stack was absolutely useless the first week back but I thought he was one of the better players last week.

I know it’s not all about stats but 18 possessions and 2 tackles doesn’t sound like such a poor game to me in a shortened match. Especially when you consider how badly the midfield went putting pressure on the backs.

Reckon a few get the blinkers on and see what they want/expect to see

I was furious with him on the first watch. So fumbly. So many missed disposals. And then caught holding the ball, twice, basically in the goal square. FFS...

On the second watch, a bit calmer, a bit more sober, I thought he was pretty good. Didn't drop his head. Got amongst it, despite the pressure. Not bad.

But like 21 other Tigers that night, he was soft. Needs to bring more physicality and aggression this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was furious with him on the first watch. So fumbly. So many missed disposals. And then caught holding the ball, twice, basically in the goal square. FFS...

On the second watch, a bit calmer, a bit more sober, I thought he was pretty good. Didn't drop his head. Got amongst it, despite the pressure. Not bad.

But like 21 other Tigers that night, he was soft. Needs to bring more physicality and aggression this week.
Thought he was good against Collingwood. I think a little slack has to be cut so far this season. Not only have we been dropped into winter with 2 dewy/wet nights at the G, but we have been done so on the back of running round paddocks at Pingaring with little to no competitive work before the season started.

We rely heavily on touch as we ping the ball around at speed. We are not one of these possession sides. Lambert hits the ball always at pace and moves the ball on, so that is harder under the circumstances. That is why we needed some weight in the packs over the last few weeks. Reckon if we had another night game at the G we might have seen RCD come in, or Graham stay. But given it is under the dome, and I reckon the players will enjoy playing at that poxy ground for once.

Great INs this week. Pleasantly surprised they kept Stack in. Rioli had to go, he's been invisible. Just wish we kept Butler, he was a good pairing with George.

Want to see us in front at qtr time.
Thought stack had a shocking first half but to his credit was one of the only players looking to create, continually got in good spots, just needs to find some form.
I’m glad they kept him in

Thought stack had a shocking first half but to his credit was one of the only players looking to create, continually got in good spots, just needs to find some form.
I’m glad they kept him in

Thats what I was saying, while some of the things he did were god-awful at least he was actually having dip and trying to spark something. If he had of pulled off even half of the stuff he attempted he would've been lauded.

Hasnt dropped off any more than the rest of our mids, who all need to (and will) step up

also his biggest strength, running his oppo into the ground, has been taken from him with the shorter qtrs
Above is true of Lambert but is also an underrated influence on the form of the whole team.

and I would nearly like caddy back as half forward and through Bolton on the other wing
I'd like to see Bolton go through the midfield a bit he was really good when he played there at times last year. Caddy should stay on the wing unless our forwards keep playing like s**t, in which case he could go back to his old forward role

Good to see an actual winger back in McIntosh. Graham on a wing just doesn’t work, he’s an inside mid.
Yep. Play players in their best positions. That what you recruit them for. Fine to have a few strings to your bow but you're right, Graham's best games have been as a shut down mid who scores the other way.

Yep. Play players in their best positions. That what you recruit them for. Fine to have a few strings to your bow but you're right, Graham's best games have been as a shut down mid who scores the other way.
Yeah, it's why it's annoying they made Ross drop weight and train as a flanker. The guy is/was a brick who played some awesome footy through the middle for us when we were injury-depleted. Smacks of Hardwick 2016 and before when he was obsessed with training guys off half-back and then never stopped picking Taylor Hunt... Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back