Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't watch it but might in the future.

Why not? It's akin to talking about tv shows with mates.
Never heard of such shows (other than Gogglebox which I gather is not exactly the sort of thing you're talking about), but they don't sound any different to hanging around online forums.

If I want to talk about Game of Thrones or whatever after an episode finishes I can either watch it with someone and talk to them or go on BigFooty and keyboard mash etc.

I still don't get why I'd want to watch other people talk about it. It's not like I can participate.

that would almost always make it worse. is it just me or are 90% of actors insufferable pretentious twats when they are talking about their own projects.
I agree. So many of them crap on about nothing. I cannot stand watching interviews where they're flogging off their movies.

Those TV shows that immediately follow popular series where people sit around and talk about the episode that just aired. The Talking Dead, Thronecast etc.

Who the **** watches these shows? And why?
They're a bit like a podcast I guess. People like to hear from those involved, they might like hearing a bit of a recap of the shows events, and I'm pretty sure they sometimes hint on those shows what happens in the future.

I've always just enjoyed chatting to people about shows and movies after I've watched them. Always annoys me a bit when I watch a classic movie or TV show and there's nowhere to really chat about what I've seen.

Someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I am wrong but they sometimes have someone involved in the episode like an actor or director to talk about and give more insight into what happened in the episode.

Do people really care that much - always thought entertainment was for some light hearted relief from the real world

Do people really care that much - always thought entertainment was for some light hearted relief from the real world

People do. Particularly those shows like Game of Thrones with a cult-like following.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't even fathom what happened there. Did they think it was a lane to cross into or was it just really s**t driving

you can see the path of water that cars take out of the car wash, the bloke just swung out too wide and severely misjudged the distance to the ledge, or maybe he wasn't even aware it was there. probably tapped the accelerator instead of the brake too.

you can see the path of water that cars take out of the car wash, the bloke just swung out too wide and severely misjudged the distance to the ledge, or maybe he wasn't even aware it was there. probably tapped the accelerator instead of the brake too.
I think they just wanted to wash the bottom of their car

Where did the "people you follow online now" thing go.

No stalker.

I was always confused by this - what is the purpose. For some reason I always thought you would get a notification if they posted something as why else would you be following them other than to read their posts

Why do apps that aren't Snapchat keep trying to be Snapchat?

First Instagram, now Messenger. The **** is this s**t? Stop. Or in the language of people that use Snapchat, 'stahp'.
Yeah it's ******* painful. Instagram has completely gone to s**t. Their new feed works okay when you want to see what's relevant from your followers, but you miss out on a ton.

And yeah, messenger is trying way to hard to be an all in one package now, instead of just focusing on being an easy to use messaging service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back