Social Science Things that please me - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to my teachers, being a reasonable human being?

Was never the best at science subjects either.

I've always found teachers are a brilliant judge of character

Being in year 12 now I must say I've had really good luck with getting pleasant teachers this year after being given a whole lot of crap ones for the last few years.

I also find it funny listening to teachers bitch about other teachers and finding out which ones dislike who.

another Croweater post, another pile of self-indulgent ******y

Belkin pls. :rainbow:
Was this how the twelve year old you phrased it?
In my Year 10 mid-year report, a teacher wrote: "Jack constantly challenges authority and thinks he knows better than his teachers about how to do their jobs".

I doubt they would know what normative meant, to be able to use it in a sentence.

Belkin pls. :rainbow:

In my Year 10 mid-year report, a teacher wrote: "Jack constantly challenges authority and thinks he knows better than his teachers about how to do their jobs".

I doubt they would know what normative meant, to be able to use it in a sentence.
What the teacher wanted to say there is, "Jack is a rude campaigner who is a spoilt brat at home and needs to understand that he needs to follow instructions that are given to him by adults."

Similar to others, I found high school really easy. Year 7-10 I pushed myself and was doing every question out of the maths book while everyone else did a few from each question, but by VCE I realised I could just float through and still get really good grades.

Basically, its ****ed me for uni because I've lost the skill to study.

I h
What the teacher wanted to say there is, "Jack is a rude campaigner who is a spoilt brat at home and needs to understand that he needs to follow instructions that are given to him by adults."
I have to agree. It's one thing to be intelligent. Its just as important to be respectful .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I peaked in year 8.

I always got through primary school just through general smarts and the homework my Asian parents would give me, but that only lasted until year 8 and then I just averaged C' s for the rest of high school.... And uni so far

I h

I have to agree. It's one thing to be intelligent. Its just as important to be respectful .

I was always respectful if they treated me with respect. I had great relationships with most of my teachers.

But there were several over the journey who treated people like me (people who didn't accept mediocrity) with contempt, and thought that because they taught at a decent school, they were perfect. It annoyed me to no end.

Last edited:
High school was such a bludge, looking back now. Can't believe I ever had the nerve to complain so much about it. The only issue I've had as I've gotten older is staying motivated and not going off-track, teachers made it incredibly easy for me to do what I wanted. Was never much of a maths or science guy though.

I really wish they'd stop trying to push down each students throat that VCE studies or whatever the equivalent is in other states is the be all and end all in terms of deciding your future though. Saw way too many kids way too stressed out and unable to enjoy some of the better things about being a teenager because they were trying to achieve grades that were beyond them.

I have no regrets and never intended to continue studying, but in hindsight do wish I put a bit more effort in to study in the HSC so I finished on more of a high. I know I could have, but I was distracted and lazy, and busy. Busy being admitted to hospital for alcohol poisoning and cardiac arrest one day out from an exam, among other things.

Usually spent my science classes talking StarGate and Bon Jovi with our teacher, who was awesome, and another awesome teacher, one of the IT guys, Mr Khare. I can't even describe what made him awesome because it wouldn't do his cult of personality justice.

Also I liked to blue a bit. Hate fighting and have always avoided fighting in the real world, but loved a bit of a punch on in school and at sport. Guess it was some sort of safety barrier of knowing that there are others around to break it up if it gets too nasty. It was a bit of fun.

I peaked in year 8.

I always got through primary school just through general smarts and the homework my Asian parents would give me, but that only lasted until year 8 and then I just averaged C' s for the rest of high school.... And uni so far

I'm probably the opposite. I didnt like History/Geography (the topics covered anyway), Italian- so basically most of the subjects 7-10!!! In VCE I got much better grades, particularly in Maths- tests went from 50-60% to 70-80%. Perhaps it was the topics covered too. Literature, Food and Biology were a mix of A, B+ and an occasional C (exams), English I got straight Bs which was disappointing.

I can just imagine the conversations in the staff room

It's not that bad. You have to be very careful with what you say (and do), you never know who's listening.

I really wish they'd stop trying to push down each students throat that VCE studies or whatever the equivalent is in other states is the be all and end all in terms of deciding your future though. Saw way too many kids way too stressed out and unable to enjoy some of the better things about being a teenager because they were trying to achieve grades that were beyond them.

Do they though?? There are so many more options now- when I was at school circa mid 1990s all you did was VCE. Now there's VCAL, you can do a mix of high school days and go to TAFE, trades "taster" courses, certificates, VET subjects, etc. If a student isnt suited, cant cope or just doesnt want to do VCE then they shouldn't do VCE.

I was the opposite to most on here. Lazy in Year 8 and Year 9. Lifted my game in Year 10 because of my uni goals. Smashed the top 2 Maths, Physics and Chem nailed my TEE score. Love my Maths and it frustrates me when people aren't taught the basics right in Primary School and don't have the opportunity to extend themselves in High School.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back