Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve got them on CCTV and they literally just walked up and tried the door, backpack on for their goodies. They tried the missus car and it was locked so they kept moving.

I’d like to think I’d hear a window smash and wake up, but I do sleep like a log.
Can you attach the CCTV to an indoor beeper?

Can you attach the CCTV to an indoor beeper?
Definitely needs upgrading. It was a last minute purchase (morning of) when we went away for a week earlier in the year and I whacked it in our bedroom window facing the front yard.

Cheap and nasty thing, will buy a kit for in the future.

Definitely needs upgrading. It was a last minute purchase (morning of) when we went away for a week earlier in the year and I whacked it in our bedroom window facing the front yard.

Cheap and nasty thing, will buy a kit for in the future.
Cameras are that cheap I really don't understand why everybody just dont have them.

Only problem I find with the lower end ones I got is the motion sensors are pretty rubbish.

Automatic outside lights, really bright ones, might help.

I really think if you are serious about protecting your vehicles and your property you should employ all reasonable methods to do so. Most are not expensive.

Not judging anyone but it seems a no-brainer to me, particularly in these times when car theft is at an all-time high. It amazes me to see how many stolen cars are the high-end models.

At least there’s some comfort in knowing thieves wouldn’t be interested in stealing our old bangers 😉

Two interviews for new jobs

Although they both want me to do take-home assignments (when did that start happening)

Knowing me I will spend all weekend working on the assignments and then bomb both interviews
I did one of these at the start of the year. Got to interviews, nailed it, went to a 2nd interview and did well. Then... nothing.

Called and they said the panel report was delayed but "dont go anywhere".

Finally after about a month they ring me to say I was successful but due to funding changes the position isnt being filled and they'll add me to a merit pool. What a waste of about 6-8 hours including task, 2x interviews, and follow ups...

I’m amazed that at a time when life is so tough for so many, that people continue to leave stuff in cars and are then surprised when it’s broken in to.

Tip: they don’t know it’s just a bag full of your gym gear. To them it’s a bag and that makes it stealable

The number of people on community pages where I read “had my work laptop stolen”, sunglasses, Nike bag etc etc
Wtf do you thinks going to happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Car got ‘broken into’ last night (my dumbass forgot to lock it, which is crazy for me as I triple check doors are locked on a daily).

The nice robber didn’t take anything as he didn’t like my jumpers, shoes or prescription sunnies that were in the car and even turned the interior light off before half closing the door, meaning I didn’t wake up to a flat battery!

Weird feeling seeing the door only half latched this morning and opening it to find a blood test form and random receipts on the passenger seat and the centre console and glovebox open.

The feeling you get as you said when seeing the door ajar is the worst feeling. Even if no valuables were taken it’s the privacy eroded that jars.

Question. The blood test form. By any chance were you looking for that? Cause if so then at least you’ve found it now.

I had the same occurrence with ajar door. Felt sick. I do wonder why robbers don’t close the door properly. Unless doing so would make noise.

Cameras are that cheap I really don't understand why everybody just dont have them.

Only problem I find with the lower end ones I got is the motion sensors are pretty rubbish.

Agreed. I have Ring, and sensor doesn’t pick up everyone. For example went outside in front of a cam and the light didn’t turn on. Wtf

Anyway, despite that the camera is visible and hopefully a deterrent.

I’m amazed that at a time when life is so tough for so many, that people continue to leave stuff in cars and are then surprised when it’s broken in to.

Tip: they don’t know it’s just a bag full of your gym gear. To them it’s a bag and that makes it stealable

The number of people on community pages where I read “had my work laptop stolen”, sunglasses, Nike bag etc etc
Wtf do you thinks going to happen
Victim blaming though

Your car locked on your property "should" be safe. Lets not normalise scumbags stealing

Victim blaming though

Your car locked on your property "should" be safe. Lets not normalise scumbags stealing

“should” being the key here - reality is we aren’t so clean your car out

Same applies to those bikes you leave on your front verandah - you might as well leave them on the footpath

There’s lots of things I “should” be able to do but reality is I can’t

The feeling you get as you said when seeing the door ajar is the worst feeling. Even if no valuables were taken it’s the privacy eroded that jars.

Question. The blood test form. By any chance were you looking for that? Cause if so then at least you’ve found it now.

I had the same occurrence with ajar door. Felt sick. I do wonder why robbers don’t close the door properly. Unless doing so would make noise.

Agreed. I have Ring, and sensor doesn’t pick up everyone. For example went outside in front of a cam and the light didn’t turn on. Wtf

Nah I knew it was there, thankfully they left it.

I’ve got them on video, but you can’t see anything unfortunately.

Victim blaming though

Police and court system is bugger all of a deterrent as well, just go in for your slap on the wrist every couple of months and then back to it.

I got one camera that was $130 but the other $170 one I got has an added light which is surprisingly decent, covers and area which the infrascan sensor for the main lights doesn't pick up.

For the first time ever, I’ve booked a week off work with no plans to go away. The kids will be at school/kinder. I’m just gonna have quiet days to myself and I can’t wait
Just spend a day pulling out weeds and listen to the birds

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back