Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

New charger for my little battery powered chainsaw is on it's way. In no time at all I will be laying waste to vegetation and zombies.
i'm looking at ditching my little stihl and getting a makita battery chainsaw. you like the battery one you have?

New charger for my little battery powered chainsaw is on it's way. In no time at all I will be laying waste to vegetation and zombies.

i'm looking at ditching my little stihl and getting a makita battery chainsaw. you like the battery one you have?

I'm not surprised you two have battery powered chainsaws!

It does the job. I don't even think they make them any more - Briggs and

I'm not surprised you two have battery powered chainsaws!
I don’t yet, but my stihl just decided to not work, I’m sick of mixing fuel and I only cut small branches for mulching so there is no need for a big petrol saw. And Makita is a manly brand it’s not like I was gonna buy ozito 😂

Not confirmed, but I think I may have cracked the Bunnings code.

You know, Bunnings, the evil green shed that has 500,000 items of cheap low quality s**t at three times what it should sell for, but never the thing you actually need, and where getting reasonable help is a tragically low-percentage option.

Latch on screen door broke, couldn't be opened unless you went around the house and used a knife to poke it back.

Looked online, Bunnings had a replacement for $75 :( or the same thing but without the lock cylinder for $45. Hmm, I can just reuse the lock from the old one, it should fit.

Go to Bunnings, find the door sets. One for $75 and two $45 ones, but the cheaper ones had both been cut open and taped shut. Scanning the boxes above for a new one, no dice. Helpful Bunnings bloke approaches. Looks it up, they should have 11 in stock, but they're not there. Explain the situation, ask if he can re-open the packages to verify that all the bits were there and I'd take one. He has a look, says "Screws are missing from this one and the latch bar is missing from that one. How about you take both and I'll give you a discount?"

Yeah, OK says me, thinking maybe $10 off or something. Nope, he marks one down to $10 and the other to $5 and follows me to the tool shop in case they queried it.

Win!

And yes I was able to put together a complete set from the pair for $15, and I've now got spares sitting in the garage for when the other screen door carks it.

Bunnings code: go at 7:30pm on a weeknight when its not busy and its not populated by spotty teenage staff.

Not confirmed, but I think I may have cracked the Bunnings code.

You know, Bunnings, the evil green shed that has 500,000 items of cheap low quality s**t at three times what it should sell for, but never the thing you actually need, and where getting reasonable help is a tragically low-percentage option.

Latch on screen door broke, couldn't be opened unless you went around the house and used a knife to poke it back.

Looked online, Bunnings had a replacement for $75 :( or the same thing but without the lock cylinder for $45. Hmm, I can just reuse the lock from the old one, it should fit.

Go to Bunnings, find the door sets. One for $75 and two $45 ones, but the cheaper ones had both been cut open and taped shut. Scanning the boxes above for a new one, no dice. Helpful Bunnings bloke approaches. Looks it up, they should have 11 in stock, but they're not there. Explain the situation, ask if he can re-open the packages to verify that all the bits were there and I'd take one. He has a look, says "Screws are missing from this one and the latch bar is missing from that one. How about you take both and I'll give you a discount?"

Yeah, OK says me, thinking maybe $10 off or something. Nope, he marks one down to $10 and the other to $5 and follows me to the tool shop in case they queried it.

Win!

And yes I was able to put together a complete set from the pair for $15, and I've now got spares sitting in the garage for when the other screen door carks it.

Bunnings code: go at 7:30pm on a weeknight when its not busy and its not populated by spotty teenage staff.
Suprised you could find a staff member smart enough to know how to do that.

I fell out of the habit of going to the movies when I was a heavy smoker and couldn't sit through a film without having to go out for a f** half way through.

Used to be able to smoke a Gitane in French Theatres.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used to be able to smoke a Gitane in French Theatres.
Zimbabwe used to be hands down the best country in the world for smoking, there was nowhere you couldn't smoke. I was cashing a travellers cheque in a bank once when the teller pulled out a packet, sparked up and offered me one. You can't fault that level of service.

Zimbabwe used to be hands down the best country in the world for smoking, there was nowhere you couldn't smoke. I was cashing a travellers cheque in a bank once when the teller pulled out a packet, sparked up and offered me one. You can't fault that level of service.
thats worth a 5 star google review right there

Not pleasing but made me laugh.

caller to tom elliott on 3AW. A truckie regaled tom and listeners with a story that a truckie was blocking traffic at a roundabout.....

(paraphrased)

"heaps of trucks not moving, wondering whats going on....found out that the driver up front fell asleep at the wheel....I dont wanna mention his nationality"
(tom) so he's fallen asleep? did you go wake him up?"
"yeah, we did, but you just dont know who's on the roads these days....I dont wanna mention his nationality".

You could tell he was itching the drop the drivers nationality

haha

Not pleasing but made me laugh.

caller to tom elliott on 3AW. A truckie regaled tom and listeners with a story that a truckie was blocking traffic at a roundabout.....

(paraphrased)

"heaps of trucks not moving, wondering whats going on....found out that the driver up front fell asleep at the wheel....I dont wanna mention his nationality"
(tom) so he's fallen asleep? did you go wake him up?"
"yeah, we did, but you just dont know who's on the roads these days....I dont wanna mention his nationality".

You could tell he was itching the drop the drivers nationality

haha
Probably would have guessed wrong anyway.

Another Double Blue?
Yep, and there is one more in the reserves squad and a good mates son is in the u18 squad. These are the last of the local boys in Sturt as they changed our zone to west Adelaide a few years ago.

Boo. I still can't forgive Westies for 1983.
I’ve always been a Port boy but since moving to mannum 18 years ago and being involved with the club up here I’m partial to the Blues now. My daughter is dating a Sturt u18’s player too .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back