Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to see Terminator 2 at the cinema last night and it was awesome. They had old previews for Universal Soldier and Demolition Man and also played Ypu Could Be Mine by Guns'n'Roses. It was packed and cost $10. Next retro movie is Lost Boys which is one of my faves.

Auora

At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localised entirely within your kitchen?
I’m cooking steamed hams too

Couldn't see it because of wall-to-wall cloud in Melbourne.

Now the stars are out but its still socked in to the south. Probably missed it now.
It’s still happening now and is still visible to Melbourne according to my aurora app. Set your phone to night mode and exposure between 3-5 seconds and you should see something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each side of me next door spending the weekends doing their gardens and keeping their front clean whilst i sit here without a care in the world letting my leaves build up, trees overgrow and weeds pop up everywhere just so i can watch baseball all day

Jamming Cbs GIF by HULU

View attachment 1986659

Couldn't see anything with my bare eyes, but the phone caught it all. Thanks for the tip MP_
Light pollution and the strength of the aurora stops you from seeing it with the naked eye but your camera picks up the infra red of the aurora and brings it out for you to see. This was an epic geomagnetic storm the strength of which has not been seen for 20 years. It was due to 4 solar flares being released consecutively and they ended up combining.

It’s still happening now and is still visible to Melbourne according to my aurora app. Set your phone to night mode and exposure between 3-5 seconds and you should see something.

Bummed. Thought the sky had a bit of a pink tinge but couldn't really distinguish it from the normal light pollution. We're not near the bay, saw some pics from St Kilda beach that looked incredible.

Bummed. Thought the sky had a bit of a pink tinge but couldn't really distinguish it from the normal light pollution. We're not near the bay, saw some pics from St Kilda beach that looked incredible.
It’s not often you can see it with the naked eye in mainland Australia, but the camera is the best way of capturing it as it picks up what the eyes can’t see.

Are they on again tonight?
It’s still happening right now according to the app, however it can change quickly. The app is suggesting people in Tasmania should see it this evening at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back