Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got to spend a 100k to get your 25k grant.

I know someone that used to do this. Interior design for some mob around Nedlands/Claremont (Toorak/South Yarra equivalent I guess). Blew my mind that people could actually spend that much.

Here's me thinking about doing up the kitchen here in the next year or two and weighing up how much DIY to do to keep costs down and lo and behold you can buy a 90cm pyrolitic oven from The Good Guys for $15,500. My car isn't worth that!

The GF wants a new kitchen.

Really the bench top and cupboards and a oven only needs to be done.

Will probably get told to replace the lot.

The layout is perfect.
Surley the bench top is easy enough to do.
And spray the cupboards with 2puc.
Oven is easy out and new one straight in.

We used kaboodle through bunnings and did the whole kitchen ourselves. Wasnt too difficult and turned out well.

I'm trying to save up for a new kitchen and small laundry change. My kitchen is early 80s and the oven, stove and range hood all need replacing. Also no pantry in the space, so I want to remove the wall oven that has storage above and below and turn that area into a pantry cupboard, and get one of those oven/stove combos. The pink bench top will also be going. Laundry just needs a new tub and some bench space installed. I was hoping the government renovation announcement would help me, but I think $100k would be what they call "over-capitalising".

Everyone see it's $150k not $100? so add the 25, total reno needs to be $175k+
I actually need to do a house reno, so this might suit me, though $175k seems too much.

But then I read through to the end where it said can't be for any external work e.g. shed, pool etc.
First step was going to be turn the shed into a teenager pad.

Back to the drawing board :D

If couples earn more than $200k or sole income more than $125k you're out as well.

Seems tailored to a very specific subset of voters, yet allows them to trumpet how they are single-scomoly saving the building industry.
And will do 3/4 of bugger all for the economy anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If couples earn more than $200k or sole income more than $125k you're out as well.

Seems tailored to a very specific subset of voters, yet allows them to trumpet how they are single-scomoly saving the building industry.

This is the kind of promise that looks good as a headline but there are so many hoops to jump through, its directed only for a specific target audience

Go to Rebel Sport for new basketball shoes and discover it must be wear footy gear to work day. Now those are my kind of people! However my enthusiasm went away as a Geelong supporter approached me 😢😢

I ended up being helped by a Richmond fan....

WHERE WERE THE HAWKS DANG IT!!!!

Plantar fascia - the pain tonight is f*n intense

I've had heel issues for a few months. Started in December. Went away in January.

It's returned in a big was since late April. Feels like a combination of walking on a golf ball and an ice cube.

In saying that the pain isn't always on the base of the foot. For me it occasionally stings at the back of the ankle.

I'm trying to save up for a new kitchen and small laundry change. My kitchen is early 80s and the oven, stove and range hood all need replacing. Also no pantry in the space, so I want to remove the wall oven that has storage above and below and turn that area into a pantry cupboard, and get one of those oven/stove combos. The pink bench top will also be going. Laundry just needs a new tub and some bench space installed. I was hoping the government renovation announcement would help me, but I think $100k would be what they call "over-capitalising".
You should just do this anyway. If you have a job, can afford it and it will make a big difference to your life, do it. Whether there is govt support or not you will still be assisting the economy

Thats the catch..........only rich people need apply
all its going to do is make my renovation more expensive as Liberal Voters buy more Kitchens thanks to the tax payer and Uncle Scomo

It's not money money for nothing and chicks for free.

I wonder if you bought a shitter to do up do you still get the grant?

You should just do this anyway. If you have a job, can afford it and it will make a big difference to your life, do it. Whether there is govt support or not you will still be assisting the economy
Oh absolutely, I'm definitely doing it, but my saving efforts were a lot easier when I was working full-time. I've been stood down since late March, worked 1 day per week in May and now 2 days per week in June and my AL is drying up. Fingers crossed I'll be back by July/August.

It's not money money for nothing and chicks for free.

I wonder if you bought a shitter to do up do you still get the grant?
You would need to give your accountant a sling to make it look "legit" as I dont think it can be an investment property....dont want renters/non home owners/not core voters getting anything out of it

Forget a race divide, the housing divide will be the next thing. People do realise that tradies don't have to just work on residential jobs, right?

When you look at the politician asset register it's no surprise they love anything that potentially increases the real estate value.

Forget a race divide, the housing divide will be the next thing. People do realise that tradies don't have to just work on residential jobs, right?

When you look at the politician asset register it's no surprise they love anything that potentially increases the real estate value.
Article in the Fin

For me, the disappointment is the failure, once again, to address the substantial need for social and affordable housing.
Particularly at a time when a Commonwealth government commitment could leverage low-interest rates, spare industry capacity and private sector interest to address the worst undersupply in Australian housing.

Construction costs will skyrocket. Everything is directed to building. Houses. Roads. Other infratsructure.
I dont think the unemployed teacher who used to teach foreign students or the unemployed airport worker/hostie/pilot who was on international markets l, or the hospo worker now with half the anount of shifts if any, is going to be able to start a career in construction all of a sudden.

All thats going to happen is all govts across all states will be competing for workers for their narrow focus of infrastructure.

be more efficient to pay people to dig holes one day and fill them in the next day for next 2-3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back