Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd reckon they were fruit-picking backpackers before it was cool.
It WaSnT SlAvErY bEcAuSe tHeY cAlLeD iT bLaCkBiRdInG

I do think he'd use yours though

New PC case. White LED illuminated push button power switch. :whitecheck:

Hard disk LED is wired up to it. Every time there's a disk access, the power button flashes bright white. Flash flash blink. Right in my peripheral vision.

First it was distracting, then it was annoying, now it's on a countdown to me pulling the side of the case and ripping the bloody wires out.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I think we can manage without disk access lights in 2021 on PC cases. Especially when C:\ is probably a SSD!

I'm sure mine's got one too, but I can't even see the case when I'm sitting here using it.

The irony of the bigoted bitch saying she is being bullied. It's your views that lead to the bullying and subsequent mental issues and suicide of LGBTQ people you stupid cow.

The irony of the bigoted b*tch saying she is being bullied. It's your views that lead to the bullying and subsequent mental issues and suicide of LGBTQ people you stupid cow.
Scummo's get even for Parliament allowing us filthy NTTAWWTters to get married innit.

Next on Scotty's to do list. A posthumous award to Frank Houston for child services.

I think we can manage without disk access lights in 2021 on PC cases. Especially when C:\ is probably a SSD!

I'm old school. I yearn for the days when a certain make of 5-1/4" floppy drives had a large clear bezel in front that lit up green for reads and red for writes. Only saw it on those particular drives and thought it a marvellous innovation. Good times, good times.

New PC case. White LED illuminated push button power switch. :whitecheck:

Hard disk LED is wired up to it. Every time there's a disk access, the power button flashes bright white. Flash flash blink. Right in my peripheral vision.

First it was distracting, then it was annoying, now it's on a countdown to me pulling the side of the case and ripping the bloody wires out.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
black texta ?

I'm old school. I yearn for the days when a certain make of 5-1/4" floppy drives had a large clear bezel in front that lit up green for reads and red for writes. Only saw it on those particular drives and thought it a marvellous innovation. Good times, good times.

I hear you! My current world is all Dockery and OpenShifty, but I'm old enough to have used 8" floppies and ferrite core memory (although they were very obsolete at the time that I did).

The irony of the bigoted b*tch saying she is being bullied. It's your views that lead to the bullying and subsequent mental issues and suicide of LGBTQ people you stupid cow.

Yep, just one more miserable old busybody using religion as a shield to camouflage that they a just a gutless bigot. And when challenged, becoming the victim. It's as predictable as "now is the time for unity" these days, sadly.

I'm 48 years old, and I have no memory of seeing her tennising. She's already got an honours for services to tennisery and her name on a stadium. Do we really need to be handing out another honour for services to tennisery? What additional services to tennis has she provided since the last honours?

Y'know, I'm starting to think this might not have anything to do with tennis... :think: :church:✝✡☪:spaghetti:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, just one more miserable old busybody using religion as a shield to camouflage that they a just a gutless bigot. And when challenged, becoming the victim. It's as predictable as "now is the time for unity" these days, sadly.

I'm 48 years old, and I have no memory of seeing her tennising. She's already got an honours for services to tennisery and her name on a stadium. Do we really need to be handing out another honour for services to tennisery? What additional services to tennis has she provided since the last honours?

Y'know, I'm starting to think this might not have anything to do with tennis... :think: :church:✝✡☪:spaghetti:

I hear you! My current world is all Dockery and OpenShifty, but I'm old enough to have used 8" floppies and ferrite core memory (although they were very obsolete at the time that I did).

I've used 8" floppies as recently as the early 2000s (gotta love old IBM iron), but missed core memory by a couple of years. A mate had a couple of grids hanging on his wall.

Washing machine drives with the big disc packs were the go. I was at a rather boozy and smoky 21st when we thought it was a good idea to defeat the interlocks on an old drive and spin it up, and drop things on the platters to see what would happen. It was amazingly hilarious.*

*edit: until the milk bottle. It bounced around the periphery making tinking noises until it burst, spraying shards of glass around the room. A few bleeding people harshed the vibe so we switched it off and continued partying

Last edited:
I've used 8" floppies as recently as the early 2000s (gotta love old IBM iron), but missed core memory by a couple of years. A mate had a couple of grids hanging on his wall.

Washing machine drives with the big disc packs were the go. I was at a rather boozy and smoky 21st when we thought it was a good idea to defeat the interlocks on an old drive and spin it up, and drop things on the platters to see what would happen. It was amazingly hilarious.*

*edit: until the milk bottle. It bounced around the periphery making tinking noises until it burst, spraying shards of glass around the room. A few bleeding people harshed the vibe so we switched it off and continued partying

I had some experience with the old Winchester drives that the DEC "minis" used to use, but I think they're a fair bit smaller than the ones you are describing. Although still a 2 man lift.

Those old magnetic core systems did have a party trick though. Because the memory was static and non-volatile, you could power the system down, power it back up again and it would be exactly how you left it. No need to boot it up again! One of the systems I worked on was classified though. So you had to remember to manually clear the memory before you shut it down. If someone fired it up and it already had a program in memory, you'd be sent to the naughty corner.

Hoo boy! Such a long way from the Jenkins jobs and CI/CD of today

It's a bit inacurate for you tbh, needs foam flowing out of its mouth as well.

yet your the one foaming about politics in the GD board
while parroting your standard 4 posts that you use on the SRP board

I think you desperately need the mirror

....the Kram doth protesteth too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back