Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL. The sport has been completely ruined by the umpiring.

AFL. The sport has been completely ruined by the umpiring.
Sport has been completely ruined by the AFL, not the umpires. And will continue to ruin it each year trying to fix the dumb rules they introdced to fix other areas of the game which didn't work.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

That you can get around lock down restrictions if you are in a relationship and your partner doesn't live with you

Apparently the virus doesn't transmit if you've classified yourself as in a relationship......

Intimate partner I believe which can mean anything. Relationship is how you define it. Jump on Tinder if it bothers you.
Fact is a lot of restrictions don't make sense. You can catch PT, go to a bottle shop/servo/supermarket, stand bunched in line. Yet if you are walking outside not within 20 metres of anyone you need a mask as you could spread it.

In actual fact the world seems to have looked at China (a one party dictatorship who literally welded people into their buildings) and said s**t lets copy that without any thought to a local solution. How practical are face masks going to be in 40 degree summer heat when we have to go back to work and move around?

Ours and Western Society is not physically, socially, economically and culturally set up to handle a lock down. The new cases today means the virus is still running and spreading (it is what good viruses do) indicating it ain't having an effect. You simply can't lock down any more than we are. People still need to eat, go to hospital, have electiricity, water supplies, internet even etc which requires workers and people to be moving around. (Hence the virus will still spread slowly and than re erupt when society opens up).

What is actually happening instead of vigillance, common sense and reasonable protection has turned into a social weird tit for tat. The same people carrying on about joggers not wearing masks or people talking outside are the same people going to bunnings or visiting family. It's just an excuse now to pick off enemies and personalities others don't like for not following the "rules" (form of identity politics) rather than a common sense approach to dealing with a virus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove the boundary lines and allow the game to spill out into the carpark.

Would go a long way to fixing Kardinia Park too

And multiball, obvs
Nah. Game is actually in OK shape based on skill and new teams coming through.
What has royally screwed it are the shorter quarters this year and bad umpiring directions.

16 mins is the tipping point. Sides just don't get tired so hit a lead and defend. Granted there have been come backs (like last night) but that was more GWS turning it on then dons fatigue. Also the 30 second rule hasn't adjusted. 16 min quarters but 3 times last night @ opening Q bounce = Quick clearance to a player who marks has a set shot wastes 30 (kicks it so 45-50 secs all up) and without anything happening you have 15 minute quarters. Ironically for a made for TV product (which this year is) I like it but in terms of AFL footy the game is just not long enough.

Nah. Game is actually in OK shape based on skill and new teams coming through.
What has royally screwed it are the shorter quarters this year and bad umpiring directions.

16 mins is the tipping point. Sides just don't get tired so hit a lead and defend. Granted there have been come backs (like last night) but that was more GWS turning it on then dons fatigue. Also the 30 second rule hasn't adjusted. 16 min quarters but 3 times last night @ opening Q bounce = Quick clearance to a player who marks has a set shot wastes 30 (kicks it so 45-50 secs all up) and without anything happening you have 15 minute quarters. Ironically for a made for TV product (which this year is) I like it but in terms of AFL footy the game is just not long enough.

Very much in agreement

If fu**en Scomo tells non-Victorians to call their Victorian friends and family to say g'day one more time I'll deadset spew up.

I know kind of un nerving being told by a ******* Queenslander its all good.

Thou in fairness to them I'd happily cross the desert or build a tunnel to get across to paradise. We are Mexicans. They were right after all

I ******* hate platitudes. I'm so bitter, as if I want my friends and family giving me a buzz to ask how sh*t life is at the mo' while they can sit in the sun and drink cocktails with their mates or go to the footy.
*quietly puts phone down*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back