Things that sh*t me the sixteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing my tax this year and having to pay I get a message from the ATO on a quarterly installment plan. When I looked at it the numbers didn't seem to add up. A closer inspection reveled this wasn't for what was owed this year but for what they believe I will most likely owe next year. So they want me to pay my tax bill in advance and then they will refund the difference.

ANZ jacked up interest rates but made a "lousy" 7.4 billion annual profit - greedy *********

Increasing by the RBA increase is to be expected. I don't know why the news channels even bother to pretend otherwise and wait with baited breath about what the big 4 will do in response.

The annoying part is that they have increased them 13 times or whatever in line with the RBA but when the rates eventually come back down there is nothing surer that they will start reducing by 0.15% instead of 0.25% and a lot of people will get trapped at the higher rate as they won't be able to afford to refinance elsewhere.

Increasing by the RBA increase is to be expected. I don't know why the news channels even bother to pretend otherwise and wait with baited breath about what the big 4 will do in response.

The annoying part is that they have increased them 13 times or whatever in line with the RBA but when the rates eventually come back down there is nothing surer that they will start reducing by 0.15% instead of 0.25% and a lot of people will get trapped at the higher rate as they won't be able to afford to refinance elsewhere.
Be nice if we didnt have such piss weak government and governing bodies. Sting them when they dont pass on the cuts.

After doing my tax this year and having to pay I get a message from the ATO on a quarterly installment plan. When I looked at it the numbers didn't seem to add up. A closer inspection reveled this wasn't for what was owed this year but for what they believe I will most likely owe next year. So they want me to pay my tax bill in advance and then they will refund the difference.
I got caught badly with provisional tax in NZ after my business was cleaned out by thieves in 1994. Every four months they wanted tens of thousands of dollars based on last years figures, even though I was not earning an eighth of the numbers. Wound up with a $100,000+ tax credit carried forward for years until the company was defunct and deregistered.

One of life's bitter lessons.

Conjunctivitis, feels like there's something behind my eye trying to push it out of its socket

Only other qualified guy at work is on leave, I struggled through today but called and put off all of tomorrow's jobs. Kind of looking forward to just laying in a dark room for the day. Hopefully just one day though
It's the worst. I had an ulcer on my eye when I had it and the pain was just indescribable. Worst pain I've been in, in my life easily.

Iirc I had 3 days off work would have been wed-fri plus the weekend

Surely you're keeping a template statement and altering 10% or so so each letter looks tailored for that application?

Yes and I thought it would be that easy but I am altering quite a bit for each school.

Still got the 30 min problem solving quiz, 10 minute personality test, 5x 10 min recording video questions, online interview, in person interview, don't get the job to come still.

Glad I'm actually skilled enough now that I can skip all this s**t. But those early post-grad jobs can kill a man.

You should get a letter about it in MyGov from the ATO and you can opt out of it in certain circumstances and pay annually as detailed in the letter.

If you do your own taxes and don’t use a tax agent, you should be able to opt in to annual as long as you do it before the first installment is due. You then just need to make sure you do your annual tax return before 31 October next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloke leaves young son on the train after motley crew and def Leppard show to go to bottle shop.
Then comes back and complains its not open.

Kid prob 8 or 9..

Person kicking my seat going to Afled soon.

It was an annoying bogan crowd. The big arena shows are annoying for a lot of reasons, last night was good though, both bands were a lot better than I expected.

It was an annoying bogan crowd. The big arena shows are annoying for a lot of reasons, last night was good though, both bands were a lot better than I expected.
What has seven arms and sucks?

Not really. I love Def Leppard. Pour Some Sugar would be in my top ten songs ever.

I'm so glad I work at Catholic Private. I doubt I will ever change either, even tho I'm not religious at all.

Wouldn't want to lose LSL anyway.
does the LSL not transfer between private and public?

wow did not know that, so you're not part of the department of education?
Idk.

All I know is it doesnt transfer over. I got mine paid out at the end of my last school, which was fair enough cause I didnt go straight into another job, it was like a year gap between the two.

Fella I know got very little/nothing from his dad, but was pressured to pay off his father's debts to his uncle. Some families have a strange relationship with money.
I reckon most families. Im at an age where a few friends are starting to lose parents and every single one, without fail has had a massive shitfight with their families over the wills and assets. Seems it doesnt matter how close and well meaning a family is, stuff gets weird or downright combative when it comes to money.
Conjunctivitis, feels like there's something behind my eye trying to push it out of its socket

Only other qualified guy at work is on leave, I struggled through today but called and put off all of tomorrow's jobs. Kind of looking forward to just laying in a dark room for the day. Hopefully just one day though
I swear this is going around, 4 people in my office off last week (2 came in with it for a day or two swearing it was just allergies).

I reckon most families. Im at an age where a few friends are starting to lose parents and every single one, without fail has had a massive shitfight with their families over the wills and assets. Seems it doesnt matter how close and well meaning a family is, stuff gets weird or downright combative when it comes to money.

I swear this is going around, 4 people in my office off last week (2 came in with it for a day or two swearing it was just allergies).
when my grandfather died he left 100k cash in a safety deposit box to be split between the 7 siblings of which my dad was executor of the will. some of the siblings owed money but didn't think they had to pay their debt off anymore and expected an equal share, My dad however had his dad's little black book that showed what each owed and in the end they did but it did cause huge arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back