Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XI - The Eleventh One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Things that s**t me: Articles essentially preaching overweight models/people/lifestyles because it's 'fat shaming' not to.

I don't care if this post is controversial. I focus a s**t load on what I eat. I go on a calorie restriction if I gain a little weight. I exercise. I don't need to be told crap like 'This is the new female. This is the new average size.' and made to feel guilty because I don't think being unhealthy is okay. If it's your individual choice to eat crap like McDonalds every night, fine, none of my business, but I'm sick to death of the media/third-parties justifying it as though it's acceptable. It's not.

When I do in fact lose weight - through healthy calorie restriction and increased exercise, all my girlfriends feel the need to tell me to accept myself and love myself for who I am. I can do all of that, without needing to be overweight. It's such a stupid mindset that supposedly the two are mutually exclusive. Don't even get me started on how outrageous it is to tell someone they're too big, while thinking it's okay to tell someone they're losing too much weight or are 'too skinny'.

It's not rocket science. Being 'too busy' or eating clean is 'too expensive' is all crap. Just go to a ******* gym. Can't afford it? Fine, go buy $10 weights at target and work out somewhere in your home. This generation is full of excuses. *

*unless the person in question has a legitimate medical issue that somehow physically hinders their ability to exercise.

Get the media or judgment is bad. If people are just happy with themselves and going about their own business then more power to them though.

I agree, no issue with that, people can live however they want. I just don't like the media glorifying what is scientifically proven to be unhealthy. It's sending the message that it's okay. It's not. I don't want my future children to grow up with the idea that being 20kg overweight is acceptable because a magazine told them that. At the same time, I would not want them to go and judge or bully someone else if they are. I hope that clarifies my original post.

Things that s**t me: Articles essentially preaching overweight models/people/lifestyles because it's 'fat shaming' not to.

I don't care if this post is controversial. I focus a s**t load on what I eat. I go on a calorie restriction if I gain a little weight. I exercise. I don't need to be told crap like 'This is the new female. This is the new average size.' and made to feel guilty because I don't think being unhealthy is okay. If it's your individual choice to eat crap like McDonalds every night, fine, none of my business, but I'm sick to death of the media/third-parties justifying it as though it's acceptable. It's not.

When I do in fact lose weight - through healthy calorie restriction and increased exercise, all my girlfriends feel the need to tell me to accept myself and love myself for who I am. I can do all of that, without needing to be overweight. It's such a stupid mindset that supposedly the two are mutually exclusive. Don't even get me started on how outrageous it is to tell someone they're too big, while thinking it's okay to tell someone they're losing too much weight or are 'too skinny'.

It's not rocket science. Being 'too busy' or eating clean is 'too expensive' is all crap. Just go to a ******* gym. Can't afford it? Fine, go buy $10 weights at target and work out somewhere in your home. This generation is full of excuses. *

*unless the person in question has a legitimate medical issue that somehow physically hinders their ability to exercise.
There's also walking which barely takes any effort and is free.

I've seen large obese people take the lift up one floor and are happy to stand and wait for the lift to arrive. Not even a situation where the lift was there so may as well hop in.

For some reason, calling people fat or overweight as become a bullying thing so it's now a very sensitive thing to mention. But it's ok to bully a thin girl.

Also the whole curvy word has been taken by the larger women. It's not curvy at all. Curvey is having a healthy proportion.

There's also walking which barely takes any effort and is free.

I've seen large obese people take the lift up one floor and are happy to stand and wait for the lift to arrive. Not even a situation where the lift was there so may as well hop in.

For some reason, calling people fat or overweight as become a bullying thing so it's now a very sensitive thing to mention. But it's ok to bully a thin girl.

Also the whole curvy word has been taken by the larger women. It's not curvy at all. Curvey is having a healthy proportion.

This is a big one. Curvy is a body type, not an excuse for fat rolls.

Not always. An ex-poster (used to be friends with him) on here was as big as a house (no other polite way to put it)- could not exercise due to injury and his big size. But he still did something about it- got the lap band surgery done, lost a tonne of weight and is now a PT, leading a really healthy life style.

Reading a fb msg: my mate from England is just "off to Paris for a little break".

We need to put Australia in a better place. God it sucks where we are.
It would be worse to live in NZ. If you think travelling from Australia is bad, NZ have to go through Australia to get to Asia.

But then again, its' rated as one of the most safest places from terrorism in the world due to this fact.

Reading a fb msg: my mate from England is just "off to Paris for a little break".

We need to put Australia in a better place. God it sucks where we are.

Smack bang in the middle of the North Atlantic?

Smack bang in the middle of the North Atlantic?

That would be amazing. One weekend, fly for four hours to see Arsenal play at The Emirates, the other weekend fly for four hours to see my brother. Rinse and repeat.

And of course the occasional Paris trip to keep the missus happy. :thumbsu:

That would be amazing. One weekend, fly for four hours to see Arsenal play at The Emirates, the other weekend fly for four hours to see my brother. Rinse and repeat.

And of course the occasional Paris trip to keep the missus happy. :thumbsu:

It would be good, although I'm probably going to skip visiting your brother

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so much win in your post Vonn!! And credit to you for your choice of lifestyle. Trust your training is going well?

The media is just a microcosm (always wanted to use that word) of society. One day they'll write about obesity in a negative light, next day praising women for curves. Rinse and repeat.

One of my favourite personalities (dunno what else to call her) is rikki lee coutler. She was an attractive wannabe popstar and then got famous for being such. I loved the fact she owned her body, admitted she's a curvy woman and proud of it.

354497-ricki-lee-coulter.jpg

Then of course the weight loss comes. I think she was sponsored by weight watchers or something (or was that magna soozbanski)

ricky-lee-before-and-after-weight-loss.jpg

Anyway, forgot what i was saying.

The internet has given voice to everyone. Fair enough. Now its all about "**** shaming". I dont know that much about it, but it sounds bad.

The internet has also given rise to "instagram models". Sure they provide a bit of titilation in that they're taking photos of themselves in quite revealing attire. Sometimes even gasp nude! Very busty women indeed. They (some) also complain about men being all disgusting, sending dick pics (i can see how that's offensive). Now of course men (and women) get off on these photos/vids, and cant help themselves but to comment, send DMs. On the flip side, men/women will post posts of support and positively reinforce said models behaviour. It's the price we pay for internets.

A friend recommended I watch Jaws.

Watching it right now and I just feel bad for the shark as they hunt it down.

I'm actually kind of rooting for the shark here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back