Things won't change til we are a member run club again.

Remove this Banner Ad

We are never going to be a member run club with our current financial debt of $13m+.
It's a catch-22. We won't be free of the AFL until we clear our debt, but the AFL want to keep in place a coach who ensures we won't get the success required for us to clear our debt. 2020 and 2021 were the long shots, that COVID affected seasons could deliver a result Ken was never going to get in a normal one. They didn't pay off obviously.

Unless/until we get a circuit breaker of either Hinkley finally going of his own accord or a benefactor willing to go to the club and say 'I'll give you $2+ million if you get rid of Hinkley' we're going to live in the perpetual wasteland both on and off the field. Not at risk of going under, but not at risk of winning the flag. The A(V)FL's preferred position for us and all non-Victorian clubs.

Yep. The AFL have zero interest in us being successful, just solvent.

Koch hasn't been challenged because he can't be. Do you think the likes of Fiacchi would have gone quietly into the night if he could have rallied the members to make a genuine change?

If I ever win Powerball I'm offering to clear our debt on the proviso that the club is handed back to the members.

Imagine having 60k members pumping in at least $200/year each, 40k+ crowds at games, 3 major sponsors, a stadium on public land paid for by the taxpayers, a share of TV rights and other advertising/endorsements and still being in debt.

One year of memberships = the debt.

1631590281763.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back