Health Things you can do without your glasses

Remove this Banner Ad

My diagnosis story was that I was 20 and one day it became apparent that I couldn't read the white board very well from the back row of the classroom (I'd normally tend to sit closer to the front but the class would occasionally undergo some periodic seating rearrangements). Instructor instantly identified it and sent me down immediately for an eye test. I didn't have a clue that my eyesight was that bad, and so wearing glasses for the first few weeks was a revelation (so this is normal!).

With steady decline of sight it can be easy for a young person to not realise until a moment arises when it becomes externally apparent and is pointed out to them.

The only times I don’t wear glasses:

- when relaxed in bed (e.g. sleep, reading book, phone, sex, chill, etc.)
Only a matter of time before your partner uses this in an argument.

You take your glasses off when we *! Am I that abhorrent? booo hoooo hoooo

wife needs to get hers checked
I just found out she has being using the s**t emoji thinking it was totoro

iu

Not much now but considering my genetics, my mum is legally blind in one eye and both my brother and dad have been blind as bat without glasses since childhood, I've done well to have only have had grief in the last ten years.
I and brother and a sister are all very short-sighted, while the other sister has perfect eyesight (other than reading glasses, obtained in her 40s). We tell her she's adopted.

I have glasses for intermittent exotropia. Used to wear them as a kid, lost them then didn't wear them for about 10 years. Now I have them again, but I rarely wear them. I've just gotten pretty used to double vision, to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back