Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get the ball rolling

- Have a set of scales in the bathroom, so sometimes I weigh myself before and after a s**t, just for that extra sense of accomplishment.
- Must have the TV volume on an even number.
- Sleep with a pillow between my legs.
- When I was younger (still do it every now and then), used to position my arms/hands in the shower so it looked like water was running out of each of my fingertips.*

* Weirdest one.

Have done all of those except the pillow one. :thumbsu:

When I go running I have to avoid the gaps/lines in the concrete, by adjusting my strides to make sure it doesn't happen. It means I look like an absolutely uncoordinated idiot who can't run (when the line distances change anyway), but in my defence, making it a game like that makes a fairly dull task more fun...and now that I think about it, I'm sure there would be other people who do something fairly similar (wait, just refreshed and saw hammy's post, I don't feel quite so weird now). It looks ten times worse when running than when walking though.

Also, my whole life my mum has had this rule of 'while I'm driving you listen to what I want to listen to on the radio' (in other words, 50's/60's music), so I would have to be one of the most clueless people about 90's/00's music, even now that I have my own car and license (I tend to listen to SEN, so I'm still behind). Many embarrassing times have been had due to this fairly unique problem. Many embarrassing times.

I sleep with my head under the pillow, not on top, because I can't stand any noise or light at all. :eek:
Also I have to sleep on my right side.

- Draw rectangles with my cursor on my desktop screen.
- When waiting in the car at railway-road crossing, I guess which way the train is coming from.
- Always eat a banana 20-45 minutes before playing any sport.
- When near a digital clock that doesn't show seconds, I try and count the seconds to match when one minute is up (done when really bored).
- When handed a stapled piece of paper(s), draw line around the edge of the staple.

A few off the top of my head.

Will often celebrate wildly in my backyard if I score what would be a great goal in soccer.

Also when playing basketball I count '3, 2, 1...', shoot, then do the BZZZZ sound of the buzzer straight after to mimic the game winning shot. If I miss I make up an excuse as to why it didn't count e.g. 'Wow, lucky the ref had called a foul' in my mind then do it again until I hit the shot.

Will often celebrate wildly in my backyard if I score what would be a great goal in soccer.

Also when playing basketball I count '3, 2, 1...', shoot, then do the BZZZZ sound of the buzzer straight after to mimic the game winning shot. If I miss I make up an excuse as to why it didn't count e.g. 'Wow, lucky the ref had called a foul' in my mind then do it again until I hit the shot.

Do you high-5 the wall? I do that.

When every im at any kind of sporting match I always shake my leg, must be a nervous twich or something like that.

I also do the one with having volume at multiples of 5, not just on TV's, on car radios and cd players also.

-When walking up a flight of stairs or over cracks in a path, I have to walk over/up the same amount with either foot. This is particularly annoying to me with uneven stairs

-When riding a bike (no car licence), I almost always ride with no hands and see how fast I can go.

-If i walk past one of those trees with the buds you can rip off, I always, always do. It's actually a struggle not to.

-I regularly breathe oxygen in and breathe carbon dioxide out. (Don't judge me)

-When riding a bike (no car licence), I almost always ride with no hands and see how fast I can go.

This should be in the confession thread but I've never learned how to ride with no hands. One hand, I'm breezing along, but I just can't seem to make the transition to none.

Always been envious when I see people riding along the street with no hands making it look easy.

I've done that shower one. Hell, i probably still do every now and then, come to think of it.

Thread is doomed to fail. There's not an original thought or action in the world. Remember after the Josef Fritzl story came out, suddenly a couple of other cases of fathers who'd imprisoned their daughters in rape dungeons suddenly appeared? It's all been done. Most ****ed up thing you can think of, someone's been there already.

always wear the same pair of shorts when i am between travel destinations

i.e i will fly to KL in the shorts, spend a feww days then move on to thailand, and i HAVE to be wearing the same shorts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This should be in the confession thread but I've never learned how to ride with no hands. One hand, I'm breezing along, but I just can't seem to make the transition to none.

Always been envious when I see people riding along the street with no hands making it look easy.

I can only do it on my gay-ass mountain bike with its wide wheels. I once saw somebody ride up a fair sized hill without using their hands. Was crazy.

I have remembered some more. I have a pillow on my bed, and when i go to bed i lie on it for about 1 min, then throw it on the ground. Every night.

When I go running I have to avoid the gaps/lines in the concrete, by adjusting my strides to make sure it doesn't happen. It means I look like an absolutely uncoordinated idiot who can't run (when the line distances change anyway), but in my defence, making it a game like that makes a fairly dull task more fun...and now that I think about it, I'm sure there would be other people who do something fairly similar.

Add this one to me as well.

-If i walk past one of those trees with the buds you can rip off, I always, always do. It's actually a struggle not to.

And this, but only at one particular house on my corner. I cant not pull them off.

I am inclined to agree with J_Moore. Everyone has done everything :(

When I go running I have to avoid the gaps/lines in the concrete, by adjusting my strides to make sure it doesn't happen. It means I look like an absolutely uncoordinated idiot who can't run (when the line distances change anyway), but in my defence, making it a game like that makes a fairly dull task more fun...and now that I think about it, I'm sure there would be other people who do something fairly similar (wait, just refreshed and saw hammy's post, I don't feel quite so weird now). It looks ten times worse when running than when walking though.

How did I miss this? To be honest, they don't change on my route, but if I step on one, I almost fall over. 1000 times yes, though.

Also, J_Moore, there has to be something original. How about making a hammock entirely out of elastic bands and sleeping in it. I'm not saying I've done this, but I'd almost be willing to.

if I'm having a meal - ie. meat and two vegge type of fair - the vegies must be eaten first. the meat is always eaten last. I will always eat the chips before steak, fish or burger too.

if I'm taking the bus, I like to get to the stop 5mins before it usually arrives to make sure I'm on time. this is in spite of my bus never running on time.

These two.

I also have to have everything even. Say if Something touched my right hand I'd have to touch my left hand. It's weird i know.

yessss! like if something cold touches my right arm i have to match it with the left hahah. i thought i was the only only

thread should be re-titled "OCD thread"

-I can't drive with shoes on and always need the heater/AC on my feet when driving
-For some reason have a steam-dog every sat night before going out
-Shoot traffic lights with my finger when i think they'll turn green
-Refuse to use numbers above the letters on a keyboard, always have to use the number pad
-Have to do even revolutions on the swivel chair at work and won't let my feet touch the ground until even number of revolutions is completed

yessss! like if something cold touches my right arm i have to match it with the left hahah. i thought i was the only only

Likewise if one hand gets wet.
Edit: I can see this will be taken out of context

thread should be re-titled "OCD thread"

-For some reason have a steam-dog every sat night before going out

I googled this, and I hope it's a joke..

Sometimes I look up fast food places in America on the net just to see what we are missing out on or how they differ. It's actually quite fun. KFC is really different in the USA, no chips...*

*No Obese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back