Analysis Ticketing Poll. Did you get them? Where? What priority?

Did you get tickets, which Category and which Priority were you? (Also answer in comments)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

35k out of 100k? s**t, never realised it was that bad. How are the rest allocated?

In answer to guidelines (a), (b) and (c) the AFL proposes that tickets to the 2017 AFL Grand Final be allocated in approximately the following manner:

1. Competing Club Members 16,000 - 35,000
  2. AFL Clubs (18) 0 - 10,000
  3. MCC Reserve 16,000 - 26,000
  4. AFL Members 13,000 - 23,000
  5. AFL/Medallion Club Members 3,000 - 5,000
  6. AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligation 5,000 - 30,000
  7. Competing Clubs 0 - 5,000
Total 100,000 (approx)

In answer to guidelines (a), (b) and (c) the AFL proposes that tickets to the 2017 AFL Grand Final be allocated in approximately the following manner:

1. Competing Club Members 16,000 - 35,000
  2. AFL Clubs (18) 0 - 10,000
  3. MCC Reserve 16,000 - 26,000
  4. AFL Members 13,000 - 23,000
  5. AFL/Medallion Club Members 3,000 - 5,000
  6. AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligation 5,000 - 30,000
  7. Competing Clubs 0 - 5,000
Total 100,000 (approx)
Why do people buy AFL Memberships instead of club memberships? To me it seems silly that about half the MCG is taken up by neutral reserves.

How and why do people buy AFL Memberships instead of club memberships? To me it seems silly that about half the MCG is taken up by neutral reserves.

I took my AFL membership out 21 years ago. I go over to Melbourne to see Crows 3-4 times a year and can get into other games as well at both MCG and Etihad and pay nothing.

As a full AFL member (with Adelaide Club support), I can also go to any final at the G and can buy tickets to the AFL Grand Final even when my side isn't playing (went to the 2014 GF between Hawks and Swans).

I am also an Adelaide Oval member with Adelaide Crows Gold membership added.

Just love my footy, yes it costs a bit (both around $600 each) but I don't play golf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Priority 1 - Currently awaiting confirmation. Money has been taken out though.

Should I be concerned? How has everyone found out what tickets they got already?

Should I be concerned? How has everyone found out what tickets they got already?

I worked it out based on the amount of money that came out of my account. I had $285 come out, so as a concession, that translates to a Category 4 ticket.

Nobody knows what tickets they've got yet *unless they've bought it in a package from elsewhere*. We all find out tomorrow, and can pick up from Tuesday at selected outlets.

I worked it out based on the amount of money that came out of my account. I had $285 come out, so as a concession, that translates to a Category 4 ticket.
Nobody knows what tickets they've got yet *unless they've bought it in a package from elsewhere*. We all find out tomorrow, and can pick up from Tuesday at selected outlets.
Thanks guys. That's what I figured, but the stakes are pretty high so was beginning to feel a bit edgey.

Will be nice to get the tickets, it's a bit like Christmas!

Back