To those who don't like their job and hate their boss.

Remove this Banner Ad

My boss works about 55 hours a week. He works weekends too. I have a proper weekend , work normal 38 hours for roughly same money. Company tried to talk me into taking that role about 5 years ago. I said no as knew working over 38 hours a week and losing most of weekend not worth type of money they pay. There is always some sucker that will come along and do it for less. Sadly for him, he just not good at organizing s**t. If he was smart he could work around 40 hours if he was organized better. Just does not really get how to manage. Try to give him tips to help him out. In one ear, out the other.

I think with a lot of you, my message is simple, if you don't like where you work or don't like your boss.

Here are your choices:-

1) Just suck it up, accept it, and say nothing.

2) Actually do something about it. Maybe look for other jobs, and then when you find one you like, and get the job, then go to your first employer and quit (that way you aren't out of work, as you can go straight to your new job). This will give you some stroke, as you can even say something to your boss like "I have been offered another job with ...(Company X). So I will have to leave".

Now, one of two things might happen. The boss may tell you to tell your story walking, or if he actually values your contribution, and you are invaluable to the company, he may make a counter-offer, and you get a better deal. You could even play one off against the other, until you get a deal you are happy with, and work for them (be warned though, if you don't play this right, you may piss off both and lose both jobs, so know to quit when you are ahead).

3) You start your own business. You take the skills you have, and start up on your own. If you have a client base, and customers who like dealing with you, then you could start things up yourself, and offer your skills or products to them, but YOU get to make the decisions. YOU get the money you make doing it, and it doesn't go to your boss, who then gives you a slice of it. If you hate working for a boss, be your own boss, and make your own decisions how "to do things better".

Maybe start a business using some of the skills you already have.

4) Work harder, show initiative, and find extra jobs to do. The boss may be impressed with this, and reward you accordingly.

Any of these are options, and whichever one you decide, it's your choice. But I lack sympathy for anyone who could change a situation they hate, but do nothing about it other than whinge and whine. If you hate your job so much, do something about it, rather than moaning and blaming everyone else. Because, if you still feel the same, and do nothing about it, that is no one else's fault but your own.

Why? Are you one of the workers I describe.

If so, then I am glad I'm not your boss either, as you seem to lack respect.

Lol, (if you're not trolling, you could be) you sound like one of those who wants workers to suck up to them and be an echo chamber for them and to never disagree, you would not go anywhere in the corporate world, you should stay where you are.

Middle or low end managers at big corporate retail companies are the worst. Most of them do nothing but use their job title for power trips and to get away with treating staff like s**t, as well as getting away with doing stuff that'd otherwise be instant dismissal for anyone else.

I think with a lot of you, my message is simple, if you don't like where you work or don't like your boss.

2) Actually do something about it. Maybe look for other jobs, and then when you find one you like, and get the job, then go to your first employer and quit (that way you aren't out of work, as you can go straight to your new job). This will give you some stroke, as you can even say something to your boss like "I have been offered another job with ...(Company X). So I will have to leave".

Now, one of two things might happen. The boss may tell you to tell your story walking, or if he actually values your contribution, and you are invaluable to the company, he may make a counter-offer, and you get a better deal. You could even play one off against the other, until you get a deal you are happy with, and work for them (be warned though, if you don't play this right, you may piss off both and lose both jobs, so know to quit when you are ahead).

3) You start your own business. You take the skills you have, and start up on your own. If you have a client base, and customers who like dealing with you, then you could start things up yourself, and offer your skills or products to them, but YOU get to make the decisions. YOU get the money you make doing it, and it doesn't go to your boss, who then gives you a slice of it. If you hate working for a boss, be your own boss, and make your own decisions how "to do things better".

4) Work harder, show initiative, and find extra jobs to do. The boss may be impressed with this, and reward you accordingly.

Any of these are options, and whichever one you decide, it's your choice. But I lack sympathy for anyone who could change a situation they hate, but do nothing about it other than whinge and whine. If you hate your job so much, do something about it, rather than moaning and blaming everyone else. Because, if you still feel the same, and do nothing about it, that is no one else's fault but your own.
Your rants about people ranting in a rant thread you started are amusing

Your views on work make me hope nobody works for you.

If you don't like your job or boss just work harder, classic

This is one funny thread.

Pretty sure the OP is developing a script for a pilot comedy on the ABC. Think the reactions tell you people would get sucked into watching.
Just a few shades off reading exactly like David Brent's character in The Office.

What advice do you have for those that no longer like the industry they work in and are looking for a career change?

Surprised OP isn't suffering from leather poisoning with all that licking of his boss' boots.

I just try to organise social functions during the year with my fave colleagues and i can catch up and have lunch and a few beers or go to a game of AFL or NRL or a race day or golf day.

Just don't invite the ******** you don't like. Don't get mad. Get even :)

Or you can quit and work elsewhere.

I gave you a number of options.

What is your solution, for the boss to lie down on the floor, so you can walk all over him?

I hope you don't work for anyone, as I would feel sorry for your boss.

Maybe you should look in the mirror to see what your real problem is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What advice do you have for those that no longer like the industry they work in and are looking for a career change?

You can do that too.

You may have developed skills that can be used in a number of jobs, in different industries.

Or if you change careers, and do something totally different, it might be wise to speak to someone in that industry, and see what they have to say. They might be able to tell you what you need to do to change careers.

Also, further education can help you gain new skills.

Your claims of being a poor victim being picked on by a boss are amusing as well.

Oh, boo hoo. Let's all feel sorry for you that your boss doesn't think you are as wonderful as you think you are.

The arrogance by people on this board is breathtaking, considering that a lot of you think you know so much, but aren't prepared to prove it by starting your own business using that knowledge, and making money off it, without needing to answering to a boss.

That just proves that you people are full of s**t.

Your claims of being a poor victim being picked on by a boss are amusing as well.

Oh, boo hoo. Let's all feel sorry for you that your boss doesn't think you are as wonderful as you think you are.

The arrogance by people on this board is breathtaking, considering that a lot of you think you know so much, but aren't prepared to prove it by starting your own business using that knowledge, and making money off it, without needing to answering to a boss.

That just proves that you people are full of s**t.

Arrogance?

Well I will ask you this. Have you yourself personally ever started a business or company? Ever had your own idea/product? Or just inherited a business?

I may be wrong but you don't sound like someone who has ever actually employed anyone or put a stake or your name on anything?

99% never get what they want. But everyone finds a way to keep pushing and keep going, building a way and maybe eventually living on their terms.

Still not answering.

You ever put your nuts on the line yourself? Or just grandstanding?

Never owned one myself, but I have seen the struggles my parents went through, and have had some say over areas of the business, so I have run certain areas of the business.

But, please enlighten me, have YOU ever run one, since you seem to know so much about it?

99% never get what they want. But everyone finds a way to keep pushing and keep going, building a way and maybe eventually living on their terms.

Still not answering.

You ever put your nuts on the line yourself? Or just grandstanding?

But if most find a way to keep pushing, and living on their terms, how then will they play the entitled victim who whinges all the time, but does nothing to change their situation.

If most find a way to eventually live on their terms, then why all the whining about how hard you all have it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back