Recommitted Todd Goldstein [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

That 1 is better than the other. By a long way.
Superfluous conversation though, really. Goldstein has always been one of the best tap ruckmen, if not the best, in the competition in the last 15 odd years and came across to Essendon past his prime because we want his experience to help the younger midfielders and rucks develop. That includes Sam Draper.

He's such an obvious signing for that player/coach role that I'm surprised NM did not make more of an effort to keep him.

Superfluous conversation though, really. Goldstein has always been one of the best tap ruckmen, if not the best, in the competition in the last 15 odd years and came across to Essendon past his prime because we want his experience to help the younger midfielders and rucks develop. That includes Sam Draper.

He's such an obvious signing for that player/coach role that I'm surprised NM did not make more of an effort to keep him.
Keep him to play in the VFL?

X killed him today and Todd saw the writing on the wall. He got to extend his AFL games at a club with poor rucks.

Keep him to play in the VFL?

X killed him today and Todd saw the writing on the wall. He got to extend his AFL games at a club with poor rucks.
Shifting the goalposts a bit aren't we? Nobody expects Goldstein to perform at the level he did 5-6 years ago, it's his experience and knowledge that we brought him to the club for and why I find it bizarre that North let him leave so easily. It's not like you guys are contending for anything or even have an established spine so wouldn't you be able to play two rucks most weeks?

Shifting the goalposts a bit aren't we? Nobody expects Goldstein to perform at the level he did 5-6 years ago, it's his experience and knowledge that we brought him to the club for and why I find it bizarre that North let him leave so easily. It's not like you guys are contending for anything or even have an established spine so wouldn't you be able to play two rucks most weeks?
He is about to turn 36 - why would we want to hold onto a 36 year old ruck when our 25 year old ruck is much better?

We love Goldy and he was great for us but if he wants to top up his super and add to his games tally then we wish him well.

Maybe Todd can pass on his knowledge onto your other 2 rucks like he did with X.

Hes been brilliant for Essendon. Cant fault the move at all.

Draper is in no mans land and they needed extra years for Bryan to develop.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Draper moved on, Goldstein sign for one more and Bryan play a dozen or so games in 2025, with Goldy playing the rest.

Hes been brilliant for Essendon. Cant fault the move at all.

Draper is in no mans land and they needed extra years for Bryan to develop.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Draper moved on, Goldstein sign for one more and Bryan play a dozen or so games in 2025, with Goldy playing the rest.

Why is Draper in no man’s land?

He is not in the best 20 ruckman in the league.

They had to bring in Goldstein for this exact reason.
Cos he is s**t

Bryan should be ahead of him but for some reason which I can only assume is moustache related he isnt

You’re hanging him based on form whilst underdone and injured. Goldy was brought in as a Philips replacement

Sits comfortably in the top 20 ruckman

He really doesnt. I think hes a mile off it.

He impacts games.

Takes contested marks, wins contests forward of centre and is excellent at winning centre bounce hit outs to advantage due to his athleticism.

Last year he played 14 games yet was top 10 in coaches votes for Ruckman.

He’s only just entering his prime as a ruckman the only real concern is whether or not his body holds up.

He impacts games.

Takes contested marks, wins contests forward of centre and is excellent at winning centre bounce hit outs to advantage due to his athleticism.

Last year he played 14 games yet was top 10 in coaches votes for Ruckman.

He’s only just entering his prime as a ruckman the only real concern is whether or not his body holds up.
And then he got replaced the following season by Goldstein.

The story makes no sense. You cant be a top ruckman while your coach replaces you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back