Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldy is a genuine star, but I don't get why West Coast would go for him with what they'd have to trade and pay him. It would be great for 2017, but Goldy is supremely fit for a big man and thrives rucking for the vast majority of the game. I just don't see how it would work in 2018 with Nic Nat back. Both are much better ruckman then forwards.

Goldy is a genuine star, but I don't get why West Coast would go for him with what they'd have to trade and pay him. It would be great for 2017, but Goldy is supremely fit for a big man and thrives rucking for the vast majority of the game. I just don't see how it would work in 2018 with Nic Nat back. Both are much better ruckman then forwards.
I think they would like to insert some new DNA into their system

If you could show me where this is found id be happy to read it, however, contracts are inside salary caps, im of the belief match payments are outside

Marquee players get contracts that are fixed, regardless of games played. They then get bonus payments for b&f's, all Australians etc. nic Nat will get his usual money next year, but will just miss out on potential bonus incentives.

Match payments for a club total around 500k - 700k per annum, hence not a large component of the overall cap. This range will no doubt vary from club to club.

For those players that do get match payments, there not all the same, so don't assume $3k across the board. It depends on there contract. These players are generally the ones with low bases.

Marquee players get contracts that are fixed, regardless of games played. They then get bonus payments for b&f's, all Australians etc. nic Nat will get his usual money next year, but will just miss out on potential bonus incentives.

Match payments for a club total around 500k - 700k per annum, hence not a large component of the overall cap. This range will no doubt vary from club to club.

For those players that do get match payments, there not all the same, so don't assume $3k across the board. It depends on there contract. These players are generally the ones with low bases.
Did this change over the last decade? Or has it been this way all the time? Ive had a few mates play at the top level, and that is NOT how I recall their match payments being calculated into the clubs salary cap

So basically, there is no point to a match payment unless you're a rookie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd happily give up pick 1 for goldstein.
Bloody oath essendon would give up pick one! Hahaha but theres absolutely bugger all chance he'd go to that train wreck club! No one wants to go there, who have essendon had a crack at, with their number one pick and players and opposition clubs laughed?, JOM, JReiwoldt, Dusty, who else? Probably everyone of em! Essendon isnt inviting at all..

Did this change over the last decade? Or has it been this way all the time? Ive had a few mates play at the top level, and that is NOT how I recall their match payments being calculated into the clubs salary cap

So basically, there is no point to a match payment unless you're a rookie?
Scott Lucas was explaining this on Thursday on SEN. Players on low to average salary get match payments that are included in the cap. Any good players will have a contract that is "base" - the money they get is the money they get regardless of how many games they play (e.g. It's more secure if they get injured etc) . He said there's no way there's any player on $500k+ who is getting separate match payments - when you can command that kind of money, you can command the security of a contract where all your payments are in the base.

Bloody oath essendon would give up pick one! Hahaha but theres absolutely bugger all chance he'd go to that train wreck club! No one wants to go there, who have essendon had a crack at, with their number one pick and players and opposition clubs laughed?, JOM, JReiwoldt, Dusty, who else? Probably everyone of em! Essendon isnt inviting at all..

There is no way the club would give up pick one for a ruckman who will be 29 next year, whose form wasn't anything special in 2016. Zero chance.

This is Bigfooty we won't let you get away with not sharing it once you said you know something!

Sorry. It's also something that while not super confidential, is none of my business to share. Plus I would potentially lose a friendship. My point was lots of people know lots of things... Sometimes the same things. Many of them never appear on the public domain, and I won't be the one responsible for putting this there, neither as a post or PM.

That's just stupid. Running away from a girl validates the rumours about him. Should've just kept calm and denied everything.
He hasn't done either.

Eagles and Roos have both said nothing in the trade rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back