Tom Boyd vs. Jesse Hogan

Boyd vs. hogan

• Boyd (doggies supporter)

• Boyd

• Hogan (Dee's supporter)

• Hogan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who said it was likely? We just believe it's possible, and it most certainly is I'm afraid.
'most of us are still confident Boyd has every chance of surpassing Hogan'

Of course it's possible. You're pretty much saying likely though. Don't backtrack now.

'I'm confident that Toumpas has every chance of surpassing Jack Macrae and Bontempelli'. How would you respond to that? You'd laugh your arse off, no?

Of course it's possible. You're pretty much saying likely though. Don't backtrack now.

I'm afraid not, timmy. You should complete Grade 7 English before having a discussion with the big boys.

'I'm confident that Toumpas has every chance of surpassing Jack Macrae and Bontempelli'. How would you respond to that? You'd laugh your arse off, no?
Nope. Unlike you, we don't have a chip on our shoulder.

I'm afraid not, timmy. You should complete Grade 7 English before having a discussion with the big boys.
Good one, saying you're confident something has every chance of happening is very different from saying something is possible, but I'll leave it.

Nope. Unlike you, we don't have a chip on our shoulder.
Please :rolleyes: It would be a ridiculous statement and you'd call it as such.

Why are melbourne supporters acting like we passed on Hogan? Who gives a s**t who is better..as long as we have a key forward that does his job that's all that matters.

Why are melbourne supporters acting like we passed on Hogan? Who gives a s**t who is better..as long as we have a key forward that does his job that's all that matters.
This. I don't get the pissing contest. I'm over the moon we have Hogan but the Dogs didn't have the chance that we had to get a top shelf forward, so they went out and made one of the boldest plays you'd ever see to try to get one. They should be applauded for that IMO. I just don't see why people are so invested in trying to prove one is better than the other

What Hogans done this year in way of development will take Boyd the next 2 years. Foolish to throw so much money at a player that had and still hasn't proven himself since playing with the big boys. Understand 'investing in the future' but gee wizz. A 3 year contract would have been sensible. Jack Watts was once touted as a Forward of the future and look what happened too him, even Melbourne weren't dumb enough to through big money at him so soon, and he had a better first dozen games than Boyd. ( don't quote that, I don't scroll through stats Im happy to just to give opinions)

What Hogans done this year in way of development will take Boyd the next 2 years. Foolish to throw so much money at a player that had and still hasn't proven himself since playing with the big boys. Understand 'investing in the future' but gee wizz. A 3 year contract would have been sensible. Jack Watts was once touted as a Forward of the future and look what happened too him, even Melbourne weren't dumb enough to through big money at him so soon, and he had a better first dozen games than Boyd. ( don't quote that, I don't scroll through stats Im happy to just to give opinions)

1: The wisdom of giving Boyd a big long term contract has absolutely nothing to do with Hogan. The Dogs have found it difficult to attract established full forwards and clearly won't be finishing near the bottom anytime soon, it was a great long term decision to take a shot on Boyd. They won't get a FF any other way in the short to medium term. Obviously 5 year contracts are never ideal but they had to get him over somehow.

2: Melbourne weren't "dumb enough" to throw big money at Watts because they were the ones who drafted him the number 1 pick, he didn't ask to be traded and he was absolutely awful in his debut season, while not even playing as a full forward like Boyd was. Melbourne didn't have Patton and Cameron like GWS do. Watts is a completely different type of player, they would have been hoping for something like a Gunston type player.

Jack Watts was once touted as a Forward of the future and look what happened too him, even Melbourne weren't dumb enough to through big money at him so soon, and he had a better first dozen games than Boyd. ( don't quote that, I don't scroll through stats Im happy to just to give opinions)

You tend not to have to throw big money to recruit guys who are already on your list

Boyd's last two weeks in the vfl have been the type of development we want to see. Three goals in both games and had started to show a bit of the athleticism we know he has.

Good photo posted on the dogs board of him vs williamstown, ball up the other end but two defenders still standing him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Majak daw also got 3 goals in the VFL brah
2859867778.gif

SeaWind seems pretty upset by it, but I can't imagine many sensible doggies fans being upset considering how well your team is playing

SeaWind seems pretty upset by it, but I can't imagine many sensible doggies fans being upset considering how well your team is playing

Pretty much this. As long as Boyd become a key player in our side we couldn't really care how many forwards we couldn't get are better.

The traditional 2 on one isolation. Any other 19 year old KPF being targeted like that at VFL level would be heralded as the next big thing. But because of who it is he'll be called an overpaid spud for not dominating AFL yet.

CL8fo7mUEAA-w_b.jpg

Back