Tom Boyd

Remove this Banner Ad

So instead of talking about the OP, you get personal. As I said weak.
Boyd is not AFL standard. May well be one day when he matures but it was a huge mistake to pay Boyd 7 million over 7 years.
You come on to oppo boards being arrogant and you deserve what you get with your lack of respect.
Well the chicken came home to roost last night. Killed by our kids, out tackled and out pressured, and your mob dont like tough footy. But this is about Boyd.
He is currentky not AFL level and is not worth 200k a year let alone 1 million.
Gordon should resign or the members should sack him
Yeah mate killed by your "kids" those young fellas Steven, Geary and Riewold sure showed us. Piss weak from Wallis, Morris and Redpath to do gown with injuries as well wasn't it? Also weak of Libba to play with busted ribs.
And good idea Joffa. Us members should sack Gordon for getting us out of the shitter in the late 80's. Saving us from folding. And actually having the testicular fortitude to stand up to a club like GWS and demand a future gun in return for Griffin, the captain of our club walking out on us.

This is why I have no time for you mate.

Yeah mate killed by your "kids" those young fellas Steven, Geary and Riewold sure showed us. Piss weak from Wallis, Morris and Redpath to do gown with injuries as well wasn't it?
And good idea Joffa. Us members should sack Gordon for getting us out of the shitter in the late 80's. Saving us from folding. And actually having the testicular fortitude to stand up to a club like GWS and demand a future gun in return for Griffin.

This is why I have no time for you mate.
Hilarious and so salty. Didnt see Membry or Dunstan or Weller, Roberton and Gresham?
And it was all your injuries was it? The reason you scored 2 points in over 30 minutes of playing time.
Excuses, and complaints. Beaten fair and square and you cry.
Gordon thinks he owns your club. He made the decision on Boyd, bypassing your footy dept, and now denies it.
And the reason you dont want to converse is because you are too emotional. Pride comes before the fall and you seem very upset we have once again destroyed your season.

Oh well, you and the other arrogant Dogs supporters may pipe down a bit.

Honestly hope you go OK in the finals but on last nights display, dont know if the Dogs have the stomach for finals type football.

Hilarious and so salty. Didnt see Membry or Dunstan or Weller, Roberton and Gresham?
And it was all your injuries was it? The reason you scored 2 points in over 30 minutes of playing time.
Gordon thinks he owns your club. He made the decision on Boyd, bypassing your footy dept, and now denies it.
And the reason you dont want to converse is because you are too emotional. Pride comes before the fall and you seem very upset we have once again destroyed your season.

Honestly hope you go OK in the finals but on last nights display, dont know if the Dogs have the stomach for finals type football.
Im not making excuses for the loss at all mate. You beaten us fair and square. Injuries are a part of football unfortunately.
A few of our kids played pretty well also. Gresham and Dunstan definitely weren't the difference in the result.

And I hope you do take great pride and satisfaction out of claiming you guys have destroyed our season.
Good luck for the rest of the year! You're a great bloke.

Im not making excuses for the loss at all mate. You beaten us fair and square. Injuries are a part of football unfortunately.
A few of our kids played pretty well also. Gresham and Dunstan definitely weren't the difference in the result.
Didnt say they were.
Bont is an absolute beast

We were outplaying the Dogs before they copped those injuries to Wallis and Redpath and to say we only win because of our older players is nonsense.

Yeah Steven was one of our best players but he's only 26 and a number of our younger players like Gresham, Newnes and Dunstan played important roles.

As for Boyd he's just not up to it at AFL level whether he's playing in the ruck or up forward, everyone can see that apart from Dogs supporters still in denial.

They better hope Stringer and Redpath get back soon as they'll struggle in finals without them and relying on Boyd as a forward target.

Wallis and Redpath went down with about 10 minutes left. Saints were the better side and should have won by 4 or 5 goals. Bont is a genuine star and should be getting Boyd's contract.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm jealous we don't have a player so overpaid and s**t that everyone talks about him...
You have spuds like Del Santo, Firrito, Petrie (all should retire now), Ray, Nahas,

Camon Joffaboy. Whatever you are smoking, it must be good!!!

You have drafted well you say. Drafting has been pathetic, compared to Dogs, Demons, Saints. Who are the future stars then under 23 ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Drafting quality is entirely relative to where you pick. Have Hawthorn drafted poorly because they don't have Bontempelli or Petracca on their list?

Brown, Clarke, Dumont and Wood are all under 23, and all were picked in the 30s and 40s. That is quality drafting.

Not at all mate. He plays in the ruck because we go into the game with Roughead as our #1 who isn't a traditional ruckman, so Boyd gives him a chop out for half a game when he's tanked. Hopefully from here on in he will play the rest of the season up forward where we need him.

Looking back at his games as a forward i'm struggling to find a period of time where he performed well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking back at his games as a forward i'm struggling to find a period of time where he performed well.
That's because of the delivery though. I mean doggie supporters are more than happy to tell us how good all their kids are, but it just so happens whenever they kick it to Boyd that the delivery is crap.

Jelly?

The same Jelly that Saints fans fap themselves into oblivion over, continuously trying to get a hypothetical trade done in order to get him to Seaford / Moorabbin?

Jelly is not as good as Tom Boyd?

Do you even St Kilda, bro?

The irony of skipping past the positive posts previous to this just to criticize the joke I made only to get suspended.

And prize for moron of the day goes to this clown :cool:

That's because of the delivery though. I mean doggie supporters are more than happy to tell us how good all their kids are, but it just so happens whenever they kick it to Boyd that the delivery is crap.
How is Mc Cartin going mate. Tearing it apart every week. If he has a salary like Boyd's he would be getting put down too. Thats the difference between them. Mc Cartin will be a gun, but everyone will give him time. This game has a habit of biting people back, seen it all the time. Boyd will play in alot of finals over the next five years, lets see what happens.

How is Mc Cartin going mate. Tearing it apart every week. If he has a salary like Boyd's he would be getting put down too. Thats the difference between them. Mc Cartin will be a gun, but everyone will give him time. This game has a habit of biting people back, seen it all the time. Boyd will play in alot of finals over the next five years, lets see what happens.
Couldn't of said it better myself.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Yep Jack Watts proved that, though for the Doggies sake I hope it does not take Tom 8 years or something also, cause then it would probably be at another team :p

Our teams delivery of the ball to boyd is horrendous. And when we do deliver it to him we wait 5 seconds so hes one on 3. I love our young guns. But apart from a select few we massively butcher the ball or just make the complete wrong decision.
I agree boyds contract has him in the hot seat, but i think itll turn for him. Needs a consistent run up forward.
And if im completely honest. I think he plays 50/50 ruck because we want an excuse if he doesnt play well up forward. Which shits me up the wall. We got this kid to play him at FF. Let him develop there.
Give the kid a chance

Okay, genius, step away from your computer and ask yourself how has "simple maths" has played out in reality. Which players have left because of "simple maths" that we wanted to keep? Which Free Agency players have we failed to attract because of "simple maths"? How come we're willing to pay Griffen's contract and didn't push harder to pay less if it was because of "simple maths".

You should be a list manager, you seem to have the job down pat.

Nice passive aggressive post...

It's not that hard to understand surely. Pay one player a big chunk of your salary cap and there is less available for everyone else. Simple maths!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus. Reading the s**t fights between Saints and Dogs supporters kind of makes me embarrassed to be a Saints supporter.

None of it means dick unless it eventuates in a flag. And we've won 2 between us in a couple hundred years collectively.

Two exciting young up and coming teams, and if the Dogs win a flag in the next year or two it will be a lot more interesting than another Hawks, Cats or Swans flag, so it's alright by me.

Jesus. Reading the s**t fights between Saints and Dogs supporters kind of makes me embarrassed to be a Saints supporter.

None of it means dick unless it eventuates in a flag. And we've won 2 between us in a couple hundred years collectively.

Two exciting young up and coming teams, and if the Dogs win a flag in the next year or two it will be a lot more interesting than another Hawks, Cats or Swans flag, so it's alright by me.

How dare you call yourself a Saints supporter ;) #Boydsux

How dare you call yourself a Saints supporter ;) #Boydsux

You guys still wouldnt be paying 100% of the cap no? I mean I understand why Boyds contract is like this so you can make minimum if that is the case but such a shame there cannot be no base, cause that extra 1.4 or whatever this season could have been used as a very big carrot in a few years for someone else.

You guys still wouldnt be paying 100% of the cap no? I mean I understand why Boyds contract is like this so you can make minimum if that is the case but such a shame there cannot be no base, cause that extra 1.4 or whatever this season could have been used as a very big carrot in a few years for someone else.
We've still got tonnes of cap room. I can't see the point of being rational in this thread but Tom's salary is the least of our issues. Finding players who can stay on the park for more than 7 minutes without missing 6 weeks + is of greater concern to us right now.

We've still got tonnes of cap room. I can't see the point of being rational in this thread but Tom's salary is the least of our issues. Finding players who can stay on the park for more than 7 minutes without missing 6 weeks + is of greater concern to us right now.

So the financials I can totally see, if there were no cap I think even Dogs fans may find the deal appalling but because there is you basically had to front load someone and Tom was it. As I said in another post by the time his deal is up you will know if he is a diamond or dirt and then can either reward him fairly or downgrade his deal then boost the deals of a 25 year old Bontempelli and a 27 year old Stringer significantly :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back