Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Not so serious on the "great", but retaining value in these situations is not to be sneezed at.
Most tenures of this length would be expected to result in a loss of value.
Or if the pick paid off it and Doedee was a bun could have resulted in better value or we could have kept him.

We’ve got 84 games out of him over 7 years and back to where we started.

As I said I’m happy with the compo as it’s good compo and better than we expected, but besids that we don’t have much to show for 7 years of development.

Or if the pick paid off it and Doedee was a bun could have resulted in better value or we could have kept him.

As I said I’m happy with the compo as it’s good compo and better than we expected, but besids that we don’t have much to show for 7 years of development.
Runner up rising star trophy reflects well on the club...

I think no matter how good our development was, we were never going to see full value from that after having both knees reconstructed. Yeah potentially he goes on to be a B&F, AA, premiership winning player for Brisbane. But it's also just as likely that he'll be just OK or, worst case scenario, do another knee. Worst case is he ends up another Andy Otten - looked like a fantastic player early on, but after those knees he lost any sort of pace or agility he might have had and was no longer up to AFL footy.

Getting another crack at near enough the same pick is probably the closest to breaking even we're going to get.

Last edited:

This talk of payoff is getting annoying, he’s got a 4 year deal on apparently good money which triggered it.

Giving the AFL some acknowledgement that they might have helped us is giving them too much credit.
Good player, 26 years old, gets good contract offer

Not a chance, Doedee is worth every cent....if he recovers from his ACL successfully and you can be assured there is not a more diligent player than Tom in preparation and rehab.
He never really recovered from his first one. Hasn't hit the same form since. Not saying he has been no good, but he was on track to become one of the best intercept players in the game as well as a handy medium defender. Now he's just a handy medium defender.

This is a fantastic result. I don't think he'd be worth that even without the knee.

Not a chance, Doedee is worth every cent....if he recovers from his ACL successfully and you can be assured there is not a more diligent player than Tom in preparation and rehab.
I know all that. I dont need you to lecture me. Having read most comments on here prior to todays info many thought it would a round two pick. Personally I didnt want to lose Doedee because I have a very high opinion of him and a fit Doedee would be a a major part of our defence. So no need to over react.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's so much easier to see a player go when you get more than fair compensation

Hard not to barrack for Brisbane next year if the Crows don't make it. Doedee, Lyons and Cameron all there
Especially after they smash fellow "premiership contender" who are close to the end of their premiership window in Port Power again at a home QF.

when fit he will be good for the Lions

Andrews and Doedee together will be a great combination for their backline, with plenty of leadership

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In effect that's what it really is with all the Academy picks and compo picks...I don't get why it should be of any concern to you you're getting a good player for nought other than his salary which your list management has signed off on.
I think they're losing Doedee. Crows supporter.

Hopefully we can trade it for a future 1st...
Given we have Welsh next year, we are better off trying to get another top 10 pico this year... or use it to bring in a quality trade.

Jordan Croft and his manager Tom Petroro still very non committal re nominating F/S as late as yesterday. Obviously they see it's going to be a hard forward line to break into with so many young tall forwards.

Mostyn might remember this too

In the early 2000’s Matthew Croft was approaching a games trigger on his contract late into the season. He’d played virtually every game

WB benched him in the 2’s so he wouldn’t hit that trigger.

He either took them to court or threatened to

It got very nasty.

The family might not be as rusted on as everyone thinks

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back