MRP / Trib. Tom Lynch eye gouge on Adam Saad

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Cool story.

Honest question, can you honestly say you were happy with Richmond's performance against a Carlton team without a backline and Cerra who torched you in Round 1 (I will let the umpiring slide, I don't like making excuses)

It was just a merely adequate performances from what I saw, and certainly not one that would cut the mustard against the best teams in the comp.

TheOptimum18

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
If you watch it in slow motion, it looks pretty cut and dry in my opinion.

Look I think maybe been a bit hasty in my OP for the severity of the punishment for Lynch, but it still was a very reckless and negligent act from Lynch, I can accept the argument he probably didn't mean to do it, but it was still a very bad look and shouldn't go unpunished

Everything looks worse in slow motion mate. You could write all kinds of narratives by only looking at slow motion.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Honest question, can you honestly say you were happy with Richmond's performance against a Carlton team without a backline and Cerra who torched you in Round 1 (I will let the umpiring slide, I don't like making excuses)

It was just a merely adequate performances from what I saw, and certainly not one that would cut the mustard against the best teams in the comp.
I'm always happy with a win.

The rain somewhat offset the lacking of a couple of tall backs. Docherty and Saad were you're best players. Only 3 of Weitering, Marchbank, McDonald, Young, Durdin and McGovern would've played anyway. Young looks like a lock now as is Weitering obviously so blues fans can't keep claiming Omac, Marchbank AND Gov as best 22 also, it just doesn't add up. Looks like great depth when they're all fit though.
75% Dusty offset Cerra.
We dominated the best stoppage team in the comp in clearances, which is one of our biggest weaknesses.
Blues played pretty shite for the majority. We can still play better than we did too and yes we're clearly a rung below the real contenders atm but we're improving each week. I'm not expecting to beat cats or lions but I was expecting a win last night. Thats 6 of the last 7 which is a hell of a lot better than we were dishing up last year and early this year.

In short, yes I was happy with the win as I assume you were after r1.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I'm always happy with a win.

The rain somewhat offset the lacking of a couple of tall backs. Docherty and Saad were you're best players. Only 3 of Weitering, Marchbank, McDonald, Young, Durdin and McGovern would've played anyway. Young looks like a lock now as is Weitering obviously so blues fans can't keep claiming Omac, Marchbank AND Gov as best 22 also, it just doesn't add up. Looks like great depth when they're all fit though.
75% Dusty offset Cerra.
We dominated the best storage team in the comp in clearances, which is one of our biggest weaknesses.
Blues played pretty shite for the majority. We can still play better than we did too and yes we're clearly a rung below the real contenders atm but we're improving each week. I'm not expecting to beat cats or lions but I was expecting a win last night. Thats 6 of the last 7 which is a hell of a lot better than we were dishing up last year and early this year.

In short, yes I was happy with the win.

Fair enough, I probably do come across as a bit more salty than I intended.
You have found a couple of cracking kids in Ralphsmith and Gibcus (Maurice Jnr is going to be wonderful once he gets 50-100 games under his belt)

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Fair enough, I probably do come across as a bit more salty than I intended.
You have found a couple of cracking kids in Ralphsmith and Gibcus (Maurice Jnr is going to be wonderful once he gets 50-100 games under his belt)
A Richmond Carlton final near full strength would be awesome. Let's hope.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
A Richmond Carlton final near full strength would be awesome. Let's hope.

It's good to have that bitter rivarly of the 70s and early 80s that I missed back.

I still rate our round 1 triumph as the most satisfying and emotionally nurturing win we have had in several years, let alone this season.

Yeah a Blues v Tiges final would be amazing and the AFL would love it (would sell out within the first few hours tix go on sale)

That's a good one! :D

Golden Girls Lol GIF by HULU
Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends
Cracking Up Lol GIF
Dumb And Dumber Lol GIF
1 win in 9 years against us is all of those gifs plus more.

I don't believe it was as accidentally as you or most others think, but meh, regardless,enjoy your victory against a Carlton VFL team.

We were rubbish for most of the game last night, a true premiership contender like Freo or Brisbane or Geelong would have buried us by 10 goals on that performance by us.

Just don't get carried away with the win, you won't beat the teams I mentioned if you play like that.
We’ll just eye gouge em

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s evident clear is without umpire assistance you guys are nowhere against us. You needed those 8 50’s in the first game to get anywhere near the tiges. You guys got a goal when Broad got taken out with front on contact and no free kick. So i guess we’re even now.

That's clear is it?

Your injury list is 1? Martin out sick.

Do you reckon Weitering, Cerra, Williams, McGovern (who was great in round 1), Pittonet may have made a difference to our game?

TiggyTig

All Australian
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

Richmond had the most inside 50’s ever as a club with lots more room for improvement. Happy enough with that in Rd 14

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
That's clear is it?

Your injury list is 1? Martin out sick.

Do you reckon Weitering, Cerra, Williams, McGovern (who was great in round 1), Pittonet may have made a difference to our game?

Remember our outs in round 1 ?

Remember we losing Prestia 10 minutes in the first. Jacking breaking his hand 2 seconds into the first ?

Remember us giving 8 50's which resulted in 6 goals

Do you think that would have made a difference in round 1 result ? Funny, never say really any blues supporters mentioning it

Yeah I probably went off a bit half-cocked

Still think it's worth a week or two, but it seems this was a massive overreaction from me.
That’s still a massive overreaction

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Remember our outs in round 1 ?

Remember we losing Prestia 10 minutes in the first. Jacking breaking his hand 2 seconds into the first ?

Remember us giving 8 50's which resulted in 6 goals

Do you think that would have made a difference in round 1 result ? Funny, never say really any blues supporters mentioning it
It was 9 one was a double 50

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

This is what I don't get. You cry injury when it effects your side yet celebrate your round 1 victory while ignoring that you played our vfl side in round 1 due to being smashed injury wise.

Just go look at the side. We had no midfield outside Dusty and cotch. Dusty also playing first game after father's death and should not have played.

Our backline also was guttered and in that game the umpires gave you a complete ride. So why are 99.9% of Carlton supporters after beating a heavily injury compromised Richmond side acting like you actually smashed a full strength Richmond and by doing so you have already proven to be now a better side then the tigers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back