Free Agency Tom Lynch [moves to Richmond as a Restricted Free Agent]

Will Lynch stay at the Suns?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lynch moves, its a Big Victorian Club with cap space.

Blues tick and tick
Coll tick and ?
Rich tick and ?
Ess tick and ?
Hawks tick and tick
Cats tick and no
Melb no and no
Dogs no and tick
Saints no and tick
Roos no and tick

That leaves Carlton and Hawthorn.

Blues tick and tick
Coll tick and ?
Rich tick and ?
Ess tick and ?
Hawks tick and tick
Cats tick and no
Melb no and no
Dogs no and tick
Saints no and tick
Roos no and tick

I'm pretty sure Collingwood would have plenty of $$$ to throw around or at least you would hope so given the state of their list.

Blues tick and tick
Coll tick and ?
Rich tick and ?
Ess tick and ?
Hawks tick and tick
Cats tick and no
Melb no and no
Dogs no and tick
Saints no and tick
Roos no and tick

Collingwood will have the cap space. They’ve been working on getting Lynch for years, their cap planning has revolved around him for a couple of years at least.

They spend money on Mayne,Wells, Treloar, Greenwood etc
Treloar is on under $700k, Greenwood is out of contract, Reid is out of contract, Aish is out of contract, as are a few others. Cap won’t be an issue.

LOL Bradburying a flag !! Really might be goo to check out some facts

Finished just 2 points (half a game off top spot)
lost 4 games less than a goal which were winning until last seconds
Finished top 4
Beat the other 3 top 4 teams by 35-50+ points
The most dominant finals performance this century

Sure Bradbury flag
Did the century start in 2001?

How much do you think that Lynch will go for?
I am thinking 1.5m over 5 years.
Hawks seem to be clearing space.

Yeah that is probably what it's going to take to get him.

I suspect the AFL.................. argh I mean GC will make a stupid offer to him for him to stay but whether it's enough to keep him playing in s**t team is another thing.

The fact he will get offers of 1.5+ rules hawthorn out. The club has gone on record saying it will never again offer what it offered to buddy to stay at hawthorn which was a rumored 1.1 over 5 years.

Even with the pay rise since then I would be very dissapointed if the hawks paid 1.5 per year for Lynch.

No doubt he is a great player but that amount of $$$ is too much on any player IMO.

Blues tick and tick
Coll tick and ?
Rich tick and ?
Ess tick and ?
Hawks tick and tick
Cats tick and no
Melb no and no
Dogs no and tick
Saints no and tick
Roos no and tick

Carlton wont be interested in Lynch IMO , They have enough tall timber in their foward line and would much rather spend the $$$ on a Star Mid like Kelly
Hawks would need to be a real chance at winning a flag and 2018 will be a good indication if they are on the right track or just starting their rebuild
Collingwood would have a good shot at getting him and he would fit their needs provided they can clear enough Cap space or offer Lynch's wife a $500,000 job somewhere

The #1 Priority for Lynch to move is going to be the chance to play in a flag after spending 8 years at a club that had no chance and that club would have to be melbourne.

Personally i dont believe that the money will be around $1.5 - $1.6 , More like $1.1 - $1.2 If its at a club that has a realistic shot at a flag , If money was the main factor he wont be moving as he would be earning that and another $300-$400 from the Afl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe take of your anti richmond hate glasses and you may have a chance, Your lolmond in your avatar is pathetic , Combined with your constant trolling of Richmond you lose all credibility - Move along
He is still deeply hurt by the hundreds of hours he wasted making stupid gifs and YouTube videos trolling us because Dusty was coming.
Only for the inevitable to happen that only complete halfwits couldn't see coming.

I suspect the AFL.................. argh I mean GC will make a stupid offer to him for him to stay but whether it's enough to keep him playing in s**t team is another thing.

The fact he will get offers of 1.5+ rules hawthorn out. The club has gone on record saying it will never again offer what it offered to buddy to stay at hawthorn which was a rumored 1.1 over 5 years.

Even with the pay rise since then I would be very dissapointed if the hawks paid 1.5 per year for Lynch.

No doubt he is a great player but that amount of $$$ is too much on any player IMO.
I don’t think the Hawks or Collingwood will offer $1.5m. Hawthorn will attempt to lure him with the appeal of playing under the best coach in the league, while Collingwood will try to get him over the line with the lure of playing for the club he and his family are mad supporters of. I think Collingwood will have to show some significant sort of improvement this year to be successful in getting him. Either make finals or be on the cusp like Melbourne in 2017. If they can prove they’re on the up again then I think they’ll get him.

I don’t think the Hawks or Collingwood will offer $1.5m. Hawthorn will attempt to lure him with the appeal of playing under the best coach in the league, while Collingwood will try to get him over the line with the lure of playing for the club he and his family are mad supporters of. I think Collingwood will have to show some significant sort of improvement this year to be successful in getting him. Either make finals or be on the cusp like Melbourne in 2017. If they can prove they’re on the up again then I think they’ll get him.

Agree with all of this but I do think Lynch will seriously consider you guys despite your 2018 performance.

Hawthorn will offer more, if it's really needed. Strong mail is that clubs have been planning on Lynch for more than 2 years, and they will know where they need to get to to land him.

Carlton wont be interested in Lynch IMO , They have enough tall timber in their foward line and would much rather spend the $$$ on a Star Mid like Kelly
Hawks would need to be a real chance at winning a flag and 2018 will be a good indication if they are on the right track or just starting their rebuild
Collingwood would have a good shot at getting him and he would fit their needs provided they can clear enough Cap space or offer Lynch's wife a $500,000 job somewhere

The #1 Priority for Lynch to move is going to be the chance to play in a flag after spending 8 years at a club that had no chance and that club would have to be melbourne.

Personally i dont believe that the money will be around $1.5 - $1.6 , More like $1.1 - $1.2 If its at a club that has a realistic shot at a flag , If money was the main factor he wont be moving as he would be earning that and another $300-$400 from the Afl
Love it when posters read the players mind. You’re very gifted.

Treloar is on under $700k, Greenwood is out of contract, Reid is out of contract, Aish is out of contract, as are a few others. Cap won’t be an issue.

18 players out of contract.

Reid and Goldsack will probably retire, but a few of these blokes are going to want raises.

LOL Bradburying a flag !! Really might be goo to check out some facts

Finished just 2 points (half a game off top spot)
lost 4 games less than a goal which were winning until last seconds
Finished top 4
Beat the other 3 top 4 teams by 35-50+ points
The most dominant finals performance this century

Sure Bradbury flag
If he leaves the GC chances are excellent he'll be coming to Collingwood, idolised the club growing up and we have the cap space, i am worried about the AFL throwing a spanner in the works and the GC finishing higher up the ladder, i'm not sure ponying up 2 first rounders is in our best interest ATM.

If he leaves the GC chances are excellent he'll be coming to Collingwood, idolised the club growing up and we have the cap space, i am worried about the AFL throwing a spanner in the works and the GC finishing higher up the ladder, i'm not sure ponying up 2 first rounders is in our best interest ATM.

He's an RFA.

Back