Past Tom Mitchell - AFL MVP, Dual AA Rover, B&F Winner, 2018 Brownlow Medallist - traded for pick 14 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Second coming of Jesus judging by the way some fans are acting
He’s a decent enough player. But he’s not at my club any more so I don’t really care now. He is as relevant to my interests as someone like Harrison Wigg is. People need to focus on whinging about players still at the club FFS

He’s a decent enough player. But he’s not at my club any more so I don’t really care now. He is as relevant to my interests as someone like Harrison Wigg is. People need to focus on whinging about players still at the club FFS
Like Sinkers for example?

You win some & you lose some.
The last interstate premiership coach to beat a Victorian team since Leigh Matthews.

His legacy can't be stained by a want away player.
The AFL is full of such players.

Kennedy, Hannebery, Parker, Heeney and Mills.

Name one you would lose to have Tom Mitchell back.

Personally, there isn't one. Tom gathers a lot of inside ball, but I don't think he adds as much beyond that. Those players I listed can all be very damaging, they can take the game by the scruff of the neck and change it off their own bat (with Mills I'm projecting in to the future a bit maybe, but you can see it in him already) in a way I don't think Tom does.

In the end, you can't have every player, there are only so many midfield stars you can put in to one team, only so many A-grade wages you can have in the squad. He had big wage demands, the kind that would have put him in the top echelon of earners in the club, and while we wanted to keep him we couldn't match them without compromising the list. It is a bloody good list. I don't think there is a better midfield list both in terms of what it offers right now and what it promises to offer for the next 5 years and more.

I don't really understand why we are still talking about this. Live in the present, don't dwell in the past.

Mitchell ? Wasn't he the guy who left Hawks to play for WC ? Or are we talking about that guy we had in the NEAFL who couldn't get past Craig Bird for a senior spot ? I did wonder what became of him. Someone mentioned he'd gone to some Melbourne club looking for more money. Another bit-player ex-Swan who failed to make it here and was consigned to the dust-bin of history. Sad really.

Kennedy, Hannebery, Parker, Heeney and Mills.

Name one you would lose to have Tom Mitchell back.

Personally, there isn't one. Tom gathers a lot of inside ball, but I don't think he adds as much beyond that. Those players I listed can all be very damaging, they can take the game by the scruff of the neck and change it off their own bat (with Mills I'm projecting in to the future a bit maybe, but you can see it in him already) in a way I don't think Tom does.

In the end, you can't have every player, there are only so many midfield stars you can put in to one team, only so many A-grade wages you can have in the squad. He had big wage demands, the kind that would have put him in the top echelon of earners in the club, and while we wanted to keep him we couldn't match them without compromising the list. It is a bloody good list. I don't think there is a better midfield list both in terms of what it offers right now and what it promises to offer for the next 5 years and more.

I don't really understand why we are still talking about this. Live in the present, don't dwell in the past.

Mills and Hanners I would trade for Mitchell is a heartbeat as would any unbiased fan around the country if they could arrange a multi team deal.
I think the Crows have is all over us now in the mids. We have the same toughness, they have it over us in dynamism, athleticism and delivery.
Getting rid of Tich cost us a flag last year without a doubt imho. But yeah I guess we move on - like GC swapping pick 2 for Weller - there may have been reasons for it, but they are going to be watching whoever goes 2 for quite a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mills and Hanners I would trade for Mitchell is a heartbeat as would any unbiased fan around the country if they could arrange a multi team deal.
I think the Crows have is all over us now in the mids. We have the same toughness, they have it over us in dynamism, athleticism and delivery.
Getting rid of Tich cost us a flag last year without a doubt imho. But yeah I guess we move on - like GC swapping pick 2 for Weller - there may have been reasons for it, but they are going to be watching whoever goes 2 for quite a few years.
Ummm...he was still here!

Mitchell goes to Hawks. Wins B & F. Breaks all time disposal records. Wonderful year actually & I miss Tom.
Hawks miss finals for the first time since 2009. Tom misses finals for first time since he's career began.

Hanners has played finals every year since 2009. Mills? Wait until he hits years 3 - 6 of his career.

Like I said before. Tom Mitchell will continue to be a shining light of the competition as a footballer but he is going to have to win his p'ships with the Hawks now while Mills & Hanners will try & do it with the Swans.
We move on.

Mills and Hanners fit a need in our team. Mitchell fitted a need at Hawthorn. Mills and Hanners bleed red and white. They'll be loyal to the end. Mitchell leaks piss and poo.

He will probably do an Ablett & come back to us when the Hawks are down the bottom winning wooden spoons again..
They haven't won a spoon for over 50 years. In fact since they last won a spoon, they have 12 premierships and we have 2 premierships and 6 spoons.

They haven't won a spoon for over 50 years. In fact since they last won a spoon, they have 12 premierships and we have 2 premierships and 6 spoons.
I think Andyjh was referring to the future rather than the past. Alas poor Tommy (the cash chaser) Mitchell wasn't part of any of the Hawks past success and will probably have to accept that he'll play out his years as a shining standout in a mediocre team. Even if he wins a Brownlow it's a poor substitute for a Premiership medallion. Jordan Dawson's got a better chance of winning one of those.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back