Toumpas Could Easily Be Trade Of The Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Shouldn't have been dropped this week IMO even after last week. Aside from schulzies farewell it's a nothing game, the kind of game where you give kids like him a run.

Some pretty harsh s**t said on here. I get it though, MFC made a fairly substantial investment in him and it didnt pay off. I'd probably be a little dark about it as well.

I'm reserving judgement for the time being. So far I've seen some silky skills, but I've also seen some poor decision making under pressure. And there is clearly an underlying confidence issue.

One thing the kid has in his favor is that he is only 22 and still young enough to turn it around.

He has a year left on his PAFC contract so the next 12 months will determine if he has a future in AFL or not.

Toumpas Could Easily Be Trade Of The Year - Port basically got him for nothing, cost vs return its a huge win for Port. Think he still has a long way to go but at least he is finding the ball. Will take time to learn the Port gameplan - but the early signs are awesome for Port. Well done Port
Are you embarrassed by this? You should be.

Considering the likes of Danger and Treloar moving clubs, why wasn't this moved to The Bay?

Nah ... what I'm embarrassed about is the MFC online communities inability to get with the rest of the club and support all the players past and present.

Your community is the embarrassment and a bunch of media led sheep - not one of you has ever spent a day inside the club.

2015 - Oliver
2014 - Pickett
2013 - Bontempelli
2012 - Toumpas
2011 - Hoskin-Elliot
2010 - Gaff
2009 - Morabito
2008 - Hartlett
2007 - Morton
2006 - Leuenberger
2005 - Kennedy (West Coast)
2004 - Tambling
2003 - Ray
2002 - Walsh
2001 - Polak
2000 - Livingston

Some howlers in there, shows how drafting has improved though. 15 years ago you could get away with stuffing up a early pick, not anymore. If Tambling isn't the worst, he's very close.

Ranking them would be fun. My top 5 is:

1. JK
2. Bont
3. Gaff
4. Hartlett
5. Polak/Luey

Tim Walsh has them both covered.

Career stats: 1 game, 1 kick, 1 goal

Member of the elusive goal with first and only kick club

Nah ... what I'm embarrassed about is the MFC online communities inability to get with the rest of the club and support all the players past and present.

Your community is the embarrassment and a bunch of media led sheep - not one of you has ever spent a day inside the club.

If it had turned out to be "trade of the year" for Port, then it would have been a "bad trade of the year" by Melbourne - which means you were criticising MFC list management. Seems hypocritical to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has this bloke has been delisted yet....??
When will Port announce delistings

Wouldn't be surprised if Port hang onto him, I think they feel like he's a bit of a confidence player and just needs to get some confidence. That said, Adelaide said the same thing about Tambling, sure maybe some players need confidence to play well but that's often because they've performed badly and have doubts in their heads.

I used to think this guy would come good, but it's clear he's got no weapons. Not a great kick, not fast, nor hard at the footy. Just mediocre in every department.

Toumpas Could Easily Be Trade Of The Year - Port basically got him for nothing, cost vs return its a huge win for Port. Think he still has a long way to go but at least he is finding the ball. Will take time to learn the Port gameplan - but the early signs are awesome for Port. Well done Port

What do you think of your thread, Doctor?

Really have no idea how he was ever in the conversation of being a top 5 pick.

Has so few attributes which are highly regarded at AFL level. In fact I'm struggling to think of one.

Not upset we took a chance on him but will be playing SANFL for a living soon enough.

Can beat that - Richard Anderson 1986. Didn't even show up at the club
That's an interesting one - basically a worse result for the club from (I assume) a better player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back