Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colour me disinterested in Jack Martin. Living in QLD ive seen a fair bit of him.

can't believe someone would prefer him over Lynch. Amazed actually. Hype.

They prefer him over Lynch because we have less than ZERO chance of getting Tom.

If we do Jack Martin for pick 7 we have officially given up

They prefer him over Lynch because we have less than ZERO chance of getting Tom.

If we do Jack Martin for pick 7 we have officially given up
Been in the system for years and still far too skinny. Injury prone and seems to float in and out of the game. Has some great patches of play then goes missing.

Id part with a 2nd rounder. No more than that. Its a QLD team, they practically give players away anyway.

Been in the system for years and still far too skinny. Injury prone and seems to float in and out of the game. Has some great patches of play then goes missing.

Id part with a 2nd rounder. No more than that. Its a QLD team, they practically give players away anyway.
Every suns forward drifts in and out of games. Even Lynch will kick 6 one week then 4 over the next 3 weeks. Martin has everything our team needs as a smart forward with excellent finishing, pace, marking and leading patterns. Worth pick 7 every day of the week imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just looked at the draft order and St.Kilda's hand is absolutely terrible considering their position.
St.K 3, 57, 61, 63.
How can we swap picks and potentially players with them to our advantage?
WB: 6, 42, 59, 60

I just looked at the draft order and St.Kilda's hand is absolutely terrible considering their position.
St.K 3, 57, 61, 63.

That would potentially involve taking Saints players. Do we risk contamination of our list and culture ??

St.K 3, 57, 61, 63.
Pick 6 for their future first and a swap of future 2nd rounders.
I'd suggest they would be keen to get 2 early picks and kick start their rebuild. And if we were to trade our first this is where I would do it.

St.K 3, 57, 61, 63.

Freo have pick 5, and their next pick is 77. Yikes

"Had a chat with my one of my contact at the Dogs (father of a player) and discussion - as it always does - went onto how his son and the team are doing.

The s**t has hit the fan. There is allegedly quite a lot of dissent between a section of the playing group and Beveridge. It basically boils down to them being unable to back up the premiership in any capacity and a feeling that the general love and trust has been broken. They hoped it was a 'hang over' last year but that was clearly not the case. Several players have been pushed into their retirements. Jack Redpath appears to be the next one on the chopping block. Players are very disappointed in this because he had a 3-year offer on the table by Carlton last year. Instead he did his knee and played just the 2 games.

Other clubs are circling on the Dogs better players and this includes players under contract and their father-son players. Two Melbourne clubs have offered big bucks to Lachie Hunter ("Your mob have inquired"), Dahlhaus allegedly agreed with Geelong weeks ago, we're one of several teams into Libba and Wallis, etc. Even Bonts has been asked the question. It can be paraphrased into - almost word for word - was "Most of those young blokes who were part of what was going to transform the Dogs into the next Geelong may not be there much longer."

His general feeling is that had the Dogs not won the premiership that Bevo would have been sent packing. "But how does a club that was desperate for a flag fire the man that did that and had the entire playing group worshiping the ground he walked on just two years ago?"

Seems like the Dogs are headed for several PR disasters regardless of which way they turn."

And you don't think all good players have other clubs circling them.

Sounds like your contact is the father of a player not getting a game

We won ours with a much younger side than the Tigers, we will be back before you know it!
The Hawks won in 08 with a youngish side and didn't win won another till 2013 so we have a number of years yet to match them!
That's when we win in the future. We should've landed a big fish at the end of 2016 while the club was buzzing IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back