Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you watch the first quarter of the Port game? Through panic he gave the ball back to Port that cost us three goals directly in the first quarter alone. Watch the replay if in any doubt. He had to be moved up field to stop any further damage. Honest trier, but decision making skills are lacking.
Disagree

It's surely been coached out of him

He was second fiddle to Moyd and JJ down back in 2016 in terms of giving us drive and rebound off half back

He had some absolutely monstrous games that year particularly early on when he was getting brownlow votes, why has he stopped taking the game on? Is he down on confidence or is he not allowed to anymore?

Always remember that game in 93 when he kicked six against the Bombers. If Junior West is half the player, we'll be laughing.
He has his dad's attitude which is a huge bonus. He will be more undersized than his dad ever was, simply because midfielders are bigger these days.

They say he plays the exact same way but I saw perhaps a tiny little more flair and a little less ball winning ability, which is harsh because his dad could find it at will. Perhaps a better comparison is Libba Jnr without the deadly left foot in space. A little better overhead, has amazing hands.

Even watching him against Vic Country and SA, with the likes of JL, Rankine, Walsh, Smith, Hately, Rozee, Taylor etc running around - nobody had the ability in traffic to dispose by hand that Rhylee has. Every footballer needs an elite trait to make the grade, and Rhylee has one.

True, but Viney is 178cm and Sam Mitchell was 180cm, both about the same height as West. If he's good enough height won't be a disadvantage.
Viney is 1.78m. that is a great stat, I thought he was taller.

Disagree

He was second fiddle to Moyd and JJ down back in 2016 in terms of giving us drive and rebound off half back

He had some absolutely monstrous games that year particularly early on when he was getting brownlow votes, why has he stopped taking the game on? Is he down on confidence or is he not allowed to anymore?

Disagree always a mediocre talent who got up for a yr and then found his natural level IMO.

Every free agent gets linked to moving it sells and they would be silly to not hear who is interested in their service even if they want to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like to take a step back in time and say that not keeping Crameri was a good idea. Has only played four games for Geelong for reasons including unlucky injury, but more importantly he plays a similar role to Gowers and might have kept him out of the side, or at the least may have meant Dunkley or Lipinski or a similar player got less game time. I liked him at our club, and acknowledge he may still play a role yet for Geelong this year, but for where we are at this year I'm glad we are blooding promising kids over Crameri.

Just like to take a step back in time and say that not keeping Crameri was a good idea. Has only played four games for Geelong for reasons including unlucky injury, but more importantly he plays a similar role to Gowers and might have kept him out of the side, or at the least may have meant Dunkley or Lipinski or a similar player got less game time. I liked him at our club, and acknowledge he may still play a role yet for Geelong this year, but for where we are at this year I'm glad we are blooding promising kids over Crameri.

I prefer the narrative that the only thing Bevo hates more than our club is forwards

Even in hindsight I’d have kept Crameri over Honeychurch.

Disagree

He got 3 votes for the season. Koby Stevens got 6.
Good on him, he peaked at the right time and subsequently he became a premiership player.
Crozier ,Richards ,Williams have all gone past him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back