Trade/Delistings/List Management 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Travis Boak -> Essendon?

I disagree.

Thought Boak was solid today - Improved in the second half - He is very good by foot.

I think that Zaharakis will end up being a better player - Zaharakis can spot up a target in the forward 50.

Or he could just nominate in the pre season draft and could refuse to do a medical with Richmond and Adelaide so Essendon can get him.

GC17 have the first zillion picks in the PSD in regards to uncontracted players.

Think again.

Try and be realistic with your suggestions.

Boak for Monfries could be win-win for both teams.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get rid of Monfries but you have to give to get.

Is this a joke?

Only if he agrees.

Moot point though, doubt he'll leave. Just wants a fair payrise.

Would love him, but I think his value is being over-stated by some Port fans. He's good, but he isn't a game changer in the Judd mould.

Probably would accept if we offered First pick + one of Prismall, Houli, Reimers, Zaharakis.

I wouldn't accept something like Monfries + First pick, due to the fact I feel Monfries is really growing as a player, and as a 100 game, 23 year old forward he is something very important to our structure moving forward.

It all depends on say where our pick is in the first round also.

End of the day, him AND Gray are probably going to stay put, and if they do move, it'll be for the sunny shores of the Gold Coast. The 'go-home' factor is overrated, these guys are grown men now the majority don't need their mums to tuck them in at night.

Would love him, but I think his value is being over-stated by some Port fans. He's good, but he isn't a game changer in the Judd mould.

Probably would accept if we offered First pick + one of Prismall, Houli, Reimers, Zaharakis.

I wouldn't accept something like Monfries + First pick, due to the fact I feel Monfries is really growing as a player, and as a 100 game, 23 year old forward he is something very important to our structure moving forward.

It all depends on say where our pick is in the first round also.

End of the day, him AND Gray are probably going to stay put, and if they do move, it'll be for the sunny shores of the Gold Coast. The 'go-home' factor is overrated, these guys are grown men now the majority don't need their mums to tuck them in at night.

Are you joking ?

Zaharakis is showing signs that he will be a better player than Boak.

You wouldn't give us Monfries but you would give us Zaharakis? :confused:

You wouldn't give us Monfries but you would give us Zaharakis? :confused:

Yes, actually I would. I think Zaharakis is going to be a very good player, don't get me wrong. But I think Monfries is already showing he is a very good player and has been going from strength to strength and has already started to find that consistency week in and week out as a result of playing 100 AFL games.

Zaharakis hasn't found that yet, and at years end, after only investing two years into the lad, would trade him to land a player like Boak. You have to give quality to get quality right? I'm trying to be as impartial as possible in my thinking. Not saying I want to ship Zaharakis out, but if it meant getting Boak, yes, I would not scream murder...

Yes, actually I would. I think Zaharakis is going to be a very good player, don't get me wrong. But I think Monfries is already showing he is a very good player and has been going from strength to strength and has already started to find that consistency week in and week out as a result of playing 100 AFL games.

Zaharakis hasn't found that yet, and at years end, after only investing two years into the lad, would trade him to land a player like Boak. You have to give quality to get quality right? I'm trying to be as impartial as possible in my thinking. Not saying I want to ship Zaharakis out, but if it meant getting Boak, yes, I would not scream murder...

Absolutely you must give up something good to gain some thing good - BUT you wouldn't give a midfielder like Zakarakis who may become A grade - Comparing Zaharakis at the some stage of his develeopment as Boak - Zaharakis is tracking better.

We would look at trading in Boak to strengthen the midfield - Not point getting Boak if we give up something from our midfield. We will have to give up a Key Position/or similar if we want to trade in Boak.

I noticed that the previous poster ( Power supporter ) liked the idea - He may know more about our list than you.

Free agency coming in folks, no need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

We should go hard at some quality midfielders as our KPP's will be ready. It could make or break our premiership chances given how Melbourne are starting to shape up...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope todays game opened your eyes up a bit.

That a bloke who has played 40 more games had a marginally (if at all) greater impact on the game than a bloke playing out of his best position and spent a lot of the game playing at Full-Forward?

The kid had seven inside fifty's and four goal assists to go with his goal.
He was pretty bloody good, Boak doesn't have the pace off the mark or the ability overhead that Zaka has.

I hope todays game opened your eyes up a bit.

it did actually. made me realise that zaharakis might be even better than i thought. some of his delivery into the forward line was simply elite.

did you watch the game, or just look at the supercoach scores?

I think a first rounder+a best/almost best 22 player would be required in exchange for Boak + upgrade our second round pick.

I would be quite open to considering first rounder + one of Welsh/McVeigh/Prismall/Hille

Re: Gold Cast Stanton???

I've heard this, apparently has told a few people he's leaving. My sources are nothing special, just a few mates who heard from someone who's heard from someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back