List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
id rather see naish or balta put there to develop. i like ellis but think those 2 have more upside and ellis leaving could be of more benefit to the club as a whole

We want to win the premiership in 2019. So I'd play our strongest team and let it rip. If we do and Brandon leaves for big $ after two titles then so be it. But Brandon is 26, and has 4/5 years ahead of him.

We are not in development mode, for our AFL team.

We want to win the premiership in 2019. So I'd play our strongest team and let it rip. If we do and Brandon leaves for big $ after two titles then so be it. But Brandon is 26, and has 4/5 years ahead of him.

We are not in development mode, for our AFL team.

We want to win '20-'25 as well

need a combination of short and long term planning

The recent team assessment and potential trade articles in the Hun had Butler linked to the Swans.

In all seriousness I would be asking the question of Josh Kennedy
Absolute beast and the type of player we need Even if it’s just a year or two given his age

In all seriousness I would be asking the question of Josh Kennedy
Absolute beast and the type of player we need Even if it’s just a year or two given his age
Would be a dream get while our window is open.

I don't think Brando is going anywhere he looks pretty invested in the club.
Just look at his body language it doesn't look like he want's to leave.

On the other hand he is a pro. We wouldn't expect anything less regardless of the outcome (offers from Richmond and other clubs) from Ellis.

In regards to his potential draft pick compensation; we currently have something like 13, 31, 37, 67. Throw in the Ellis draft pick (pick 20-25?) into the mix and its a pretty strong lot of picks, given the premiership window is open and there is already some good youth talent on the list. (many currently out of contract however come end of season).

The extra pick and maybe adding future draft picks could give us the flexibility to trade / live trade a top 5-10 player? targeting some elite talent they think would fit in best.

Last edited:
On the other hand he is a pro. We wouldn't expect anything less regardless of the outcome from Ellis.

In regards to his potential draft pick compensation; we currently have something like 13, 31, 37, 67. Throw in the Ellis draft pick into the mix and its a pretty strong lot of picks, given the premiership window is open and there is already some good youth talent on the list. (many currently out of contract however come end of season).

The extra pick and maybe adding future draft picks could give us the flexibility to trade / live trade a top 5-10 player? targeting some elite talent they think would fit in best.
I reckon we'd probably try to package a couple of those second rounders up if it ends up that way.

I doubt we're gonna be wanting to use too many picks. Not many senior listed players are obvious delistings at this stage. It's really only Grigg and Menadue that I'd have as definite outs at this stage, and maybe Miller and Moore. Could be like last year where we trade guys on the fringe like Butler rather than delisting players.

I reckon we'd probably try to package a couple of those second rounders up if it ends up that way.

I doubt we're gonna be wanting to use too many picks. Not many senior listed players are obvious delistings at this stage. It's really only Grigg and Menadue that I'd have as definite outs at this stage, and maybe Miller and Moore. Could be like last year where we trade guys on the fringe like Butler rather than delisting players.

Trading up might be a good idea given where the list is currently at.

The Ellis-pick is more ammo for quality of quantity. Id be ok trading future picks too given the idea is to finsh high on the ladder the next few years and there is already some promising kids in the twos.

Rowell or Anderson would be alright by me

ESSENDON and Richmond are in a two-way race for the pick of this year's Irish crop.

Ross McQuillan has emerged as the most coveted Irishman from the 2018 AFL Europe Combine, and joined countrymen Ronan Devereux, Peadar Mogan and Luke Towey in trialling with clubs in April.

The 20-year-old is a good athlete, clocked a blistering 2.77sec in winning the 20m sprint at the combine, thrives on physicality and is already showing promise with his kicking on both sides.

At 186cm, McQuillan projects as a utility at AFL level, but his combination of speed, aggression and neat foot skills is proving an attractive proposition.

AFL.com.au understands both the Bombers and Tigers are also interested in Towey, who boasts similar physical traits and strengths to McQuillan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ESSENDON and Richmond are in a two-way race for the pick of this year's Irish crop.

Ross McQuillan has emerged as the most coveted Irishman from the 2018 AFL Europe Combine, and joined countrymen Ronan Devereux, Peadar Mogan and Luke Towey in trialling with clubs in April.

The 20-year-old is a good athlete, clocked a blistering 2.77sec in winning the 20m sprint at the combine, thrives on physicality and is already showing promise with his kicking on both sides.

At 186cm, McQuillan projects as a utility at AFL level, but his combination of speed, aggression and neat foot skills is proving an attractive proposition.

AFL.com.au understands both the Bombers and Tigers are also interested in Towey, who boasts similar physical traits and strengths to McQuillan.

Lol how’s the bias in that article...

The County Armagh product would fit in well at Tullamarine, where fellow Irishman and dashing defender Conor McKenna has blossomed into one of Essendon's most important players.

Richmond, on the other hand, has had limited success in this space, with Jamie O'Reilly (four games) and John Heslin (zero) both spending time on the Tigers' list.

How is that even relevant? Those Irish players would have absolutely no bearing on whether McQuillan is successful or not. The main things to consider are player development, culture and performance (on and off the field). We trump Essendon in all of those areas. We also never injected our players with performance enhancing drugs. It’s a no brainer.

Lol how’s the bias in that article...

The County Armagh product would fit in well at Tullamarine, where fellow Irishman and dashing defender Conor McKenna has blossomed into one of Essendon's most important players.

Richmond, on the other hand, has had limited success in this space, with Jamie O'Reilly (four games) and John Heslin (zero) both spending time on the Tigers' list.

How is that even relevant? Those Irish players would have absolutely no bearing on whether McQuillan is successful or not. The main things to consider are player development, culture and performance (on and off the field). We trump Essendon in all of those areas. We also never injected our players with performance enhancing drugs. It’s a no brainer.

Pretty simple way to snag him just get the tigers officials to drop a few zingers like

“Oh yeah Essendon would be a great choice they have really cleaned up act the whole dopeing saga”

“No it was only an assistant coach that was recently in court for drug trafficking chargers”

Ellis seems to be getting better the longer this thread goes on. A decent AFL wingman who has limitations but is a great gut runner. Arguably a bloke who looks good in a good team and when we are losing not a bloke who drags us back. Easily replaceable.

2.77 - that’s quick !!!

Bumbers already have one Irishman running around like a headless chook, surely they don’t need another

rule number 1 in footy never draft an irishman

Pretty simple way to snag him just get the tigers officials to drop a few zingers like

“Oh yeah Essendon would be a great choice they have really cleaned up act the whole dopeing saga”

“No it was only an assistant coach that was recently in court for drug trafficking chargers”

And if that doesn't work just tell him that unlike that COE establishment mob in the north-west, that we're the club with the longest, strongest and proudest Irish tradition. That playing for them would be like picking Rangers over Celtic. That he really doesn't have a say in the matter ☘ 😇

And if that doesn't work just tell him that unlike that COE establishment mob in the north-west, that we're the club with the longest, strongest and proudest Irish tradition. That playing for them would be like picking Rangers over Celtic. That he really doesn't have a say in the matter ☘ 😇
HAHAHAHHHAHAHHaaaaaaa....GOLD!!!

And if that doesn't work just tell him that unlike that COE establishment mob in the north-west, that we're the club with the longest, strongest and proudest Irish tradition. That playing for them would be like picking Rangers over Celtic. That he really doesn't have a say in the matter

Except rangers and Celtic are Scottish (or were) and not Irish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back