Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
Not much difference between wanting Dunstan or Dumont

Just don't see the need for both Dumont and D.Clarke unless we're not taking a mid first round in the draft

Last edited:
Not much difference between wanting Dunstan or Dumont

Just don't see the need for both Dumont and D.Clarke unless we're not taking a mid first round in the draft

Not a lot of difference other than Clarkes kicking issues have had him playing half forward rather than midfield. Dumont is a better kick of the footy. Clarke is a better stoppage and clearance player but the coaches have no confidence in fixing the kicking issues and neither do I personally. It comes down to where you want back up. Given the evidence Clarke is the back up half forward. I know people will say Clarke is a mid and he is but that is not how the coaches see it and they are picking the side.
I would not be annoyed if we took Dumont as midfield depth. Or Vandenburg. As long as it is with a rookie pick.

I dunno. I would be a little bit annoyed if we took Dumont after ignoring Dunstan, who actually wanted to come to the club.
It comes down to main list v rookie list. Dunstan goes to Melbourne on a two year deal. We are actually looking to fill a spot on the rookie list.

Doesn't Dumont play on the wing?
Mostly, yes. Plays inside to a good standard in the VFL though so he knows what he's doing.

It comes down to main list v rookie list. Dunstan goes to Melbourne on a two year deal. We are actually looking to fill a spot on the rookie list.
Given that Dunstan wanted to come to us, could we not have said, look, hang about and we'll put you on the RL? I actually don't understand what difference it makes because he'd still end up on the playing list. I don't know enough to know.

Given that Dunstan wanted to come to us, could we not have said, look, hang about and we'll put you on the RL? I actually don't understand what difference it makes because he'd still end up on the playing list. I don't know enough to know.
We said we'd have to wait to see how our trade period played out. Melbourne were ready to offer him a deal right then.

So essentially he got no guarantee from us, even though we knew we'd be a bit player during trade week and have an ordinary draft hand. Feels dumb.
Feels like we were weighing up our needs.

I have absolutely no issue with how we handled it. We had limited list spots and we knew we could find a similar type of player as a DFA, like Dumont.

Feels like we were weighing up our needs.

I have absolutely no issue with how we handled it. We had limited list spots and we knew we could find a similar type of player as a DFA, like Dumont.
Nope, I still don't understand. Free agent or delisted free agent doesn't matter, does it?

We have limited list spots but also limited options. He was available after having an excellent year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a lot of difference other than Clarkes kicking issues have had him playing half forward rather than midfield. Dumont is a better kick of the footy. Clarke is a better stoppage and clearance player but the coaches have no confidence in fixing the kicking issues and neither do I personally. It comes down to where you want back up. Given the evidence Clarke is the back up half forward. I know people will say Clarke is a mid and he is but that is not how the coaches see it and they are picking the side.
I would not be annoyed if we took Dumont as midfield depth. Or Vandenburg. As long as it is with a rookie pick.
Id rather he play inside if he cant kick. Leading to him would be a nightmare

O.Wines cant kick either. Atleast one player inside can be covered up with lack of kicking in that they either just give off by hand or kick for territory.

At the end of the day were after guys that will play inside in the VFL. Id also prefer the younger Constable

Nope, I still don't understand. Free agent or delisted free agent doesn't matter, does it?

We have limited list spots but also limited options. He was available after having an excellent year.
Dumont, Tyson, Cousins, Hutchings as experienced inside mids. We're obviously preferring Dumont as the option as he's the most flexible of them.

We'll see how this all washes out I suppose but I remain unconvinced. Feels like we ignored a very good option who could have been excellent depth at worst.
Honestly feel that Dumont is a better option. Fitter, therefore being better on the spread and can play more positions than what Dunstan can.

Id rather he play inside if he cant kick. Leading to him would be a nightmare

O.Wines cant kick either. Atleast one player inside can be covered up with lack of kicking in that they either just give off by hand or kick for territory.

At the end of the day were after guys that will play inside in the VFL. Id also prefer the younger Constable
That may well be the case with Clarke but what you or I may want is irrelevant. The coaches clearly do not see him playing inside midfield and to be blunt he goes at around 30% when he has played midfield.

We'll see how this all washes out I suppose but I remain unconvinced. Feels like we ignored a very good option who could have been excellent depth at worst.
We take him and we lose a national draft spot. They obviously want to use 3 draft picks and upgrade Snelling .

Honestly feel that Dumont is a better option. Fitter, therefore being better on the spread and can play more positions than what Dunstan can.
We wouldn't have needed Dunstan to spread as much as he would have enabled us to capitalise more with Darcy and Zach on the spread, and a 2nd preseason Perkins. It's a moot point anyway. We have no Dunstan.

Agree with this. The one knock on Dunstan was lack of spread and we need more spread .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back