List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

That would have been my viewpoint after the 1st time. he's since gone & done the same thing again. No Dickhead policy at Tigerland. I agree with the above comment about it being a hard sell to the members, particularly our Female Members, who i don't think will be too thrilled with the idea.
No way would we go there for the reasons you’ve just spelt out

LDU is exactly the type we need.
Dynamic midfielder that's strong and has a burst of speed.

Literally should be our number 1 target.

I'm also still of the opinion that we should be seriously looking at Tarryn Thomas. One year deal. Won't cost us anything. Even if he is a culture killer he won't be there long enough for it to really impact adversely.
Low risk, incredibly high reward if it works.
No way the club will look at getting Thomas. Very talented but I’m not sure what club will take that risk, hopefully not Richmond

No way the club will look at getting Thomas. Very talented but I’m not sure what club will take that risk, hopefully not Richmond
Had many chances at North. I would like to think we will go after someone that wants to do everything possible to be successful.

Jack ziebell will tell us if it's worth saying yay or nay
To the inclusion of tarryn Thomas.

He has problems of his own to explain rather than worry about others. D Head headbutted someone on Anzac day, another nice role model we recruited.

Should we go after Max Holmes? 23 very young get the pick from Freo for Baker if he leaves & give it to Geelong.

They haven't re-signed him yet & he wants to stay at the Cats but, Cats aren't accepting his managers contract terms.

He has problems of his own to explain rather than worry about others. D Head headbutted someone on Anzac day, another nice role model we recruited.
Nothing in it at all

Tell me you just read headlines without watching footage without telling me you just read headlines without watching the footage

no way on earth should that “head butt” deserve a send off
Wouldn’t even get a fine at afl level

North Melbourne went out of their way to keep Thomas on their playing list and still had to delist him.

He will end up being a 'what if' player because of his off-field behaviour.

No, but it's still not a good look at someone guiding others.
Staying fit, still playing footy, flying the flag for a teammate and ultimately falling victim to an overzealous ump who saw a big name and wanted to card him to inflate his own ego?

Seems like the exact type of thing you want from someone guiding others if you ask me

Not true.

Pickett? (maybe :$)
Stengle?
De Goey?
Andrew Krakouer?
Fevola?
Cousins?

etc etc.
These guys all made stupid mistakes, with probably Krakouer at the top end of that but Thomas is in a different league to these blokes. Serious character flaw.

Why would anyone at our club want to be associated with this bloke?

One of the most serious problems in our country right now is the fact that every other day we have a woman being killed by their ex/partner and governments, courts and authorities are doing heck all to prevent it.

This club has no business being involved with this sort of person. This isn’t someone who made a mistake, it’s a person bordering on evil who nobody here would want near any female they know and that is all we need to know.

Not to mention what he would do for our playing stocks. Some blokes would leave or resent it. Women would leave and many others wouldn’t have a bar of coming here.
I know for a fact that Cousins was well and truly on the gear while he was playing for us
I don’t compare poor personal choices and addictive behaviour to threatening the lives of women. He has a pattern. He is 30 years in prison waiting to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be such a hard sell to the supporters IMO, and I personally could never support him. I also would hate the message it sends to our female base.

I can forgive many things, but not this. Maybe its too close to my childhood.
I feel ya Morro

I know for a fact that Cousins was well and truly on the gear while he was playing for us
Equating addiction to aggression against women is rather off base. One is a medical thing that is hard to remedy and the other is something from Childhood that needs to be properly addressed. Sometimes the aggression against women can not be addressed because it is too ingrained to their personality.

One thing Blair Hartley needs to get to work on is identifying Grigg/Houli types that are undervalued at their current club to help fill some holes in our list, especially if with all of Grimes/Prestia/Dusty/Baker/Graham likely to be gone.
Connor Stone- giants
Shannon neale- cats

LDU is exactly the type we need.
Dynamic midfielder that's strong and has a burst of speed.

Literally should be our number 1 target.

I'm also still of the opinion that we should be seriously looking at Tarryn Thomas. One year deal. Won't cost us anything. Even if he is a culture killer he won't be there long enough for it to really impact adversely.
Low risk, incredibly high reward if it works.
Watch LDU closely like I have and it'll be a big NO THANKS. He turns it over under no pressure,has no urgency,no defensive pressure.
But sure he bursts out of a pack once a game and looks like a super star.

Time to start sniffing around the likes of Sam Taylor, Tom De Koning, Charlie Ballard, Cam Raynor, Andrew Brayshaw, Kane Farrell, Ed Richards and Darcy Fogarty (probably in that order of preference too).

All are contracted until the end of 2025 and will be RFA's at the end of next season.

If we've managed out salary cap wisely, then there's nothing to stop us from grabbing 3 or 4 of those blokes at the same time (like Essendon have done with Gresham, Goldy and McKay as FA's).

Highly rated young players from good clubs that are not getting games or are open to a move

Have a look at the Cats with what they have done with the cheap gets from other clubs
Henry , Bowes +#7 , Bruhn all for 2x2nd rounders out with a Pick #7 coming back

Get rid of players that are getting mid-high'ish salaries that can be replaced with kids
Grimes , Prestia , Broad , Graham saves $2 mil

I have a very good source in one of my friends who’s son hangs around with Thomas at nightclubs and he is big trouble he actually told his son he hates women that don’t chase after him at nightclubs or give him attention that has the R word written all over it I hate to say he is bad news

Time to start sniffing around the likes of Sam Taylor, Tom De Koning, Charlie Ballard, Cam Raynor, Andrew Brayshaw, Kane Farrell, Ed Richards and Darcy Fogarty (probably in that order of preference too).

All are contracted until the end of 2025 and will be RFA's at the end of next season.

If we've managed out salary cap wisely, then there's nothing to stop us from grabbing 3 or 4 of those blokes at the same time (like Essendon hav
e done with Gresham, Goldy and McKay as FA's).
Good list Ghost but can't see Taylor or Dekoning leaving sides who are in their window.
Vital we re sign Balta.
And pay attention too someone like Cadman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back