Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's pretty much curtains on this Stringer deal. Just can't see it happening now.

Dogs recruitment & player management policies are absurd. Would hate to be Stringer right now. Wonder if he will play AFL in 18 at all.

If he isn't in the red and black I don't care.

Haapy to walk away with Saad & Smith

So it's pretty much curtains on this Stringer deal. Just can't see it happening now.

Dogs recruitment & player management policies are absurd. Would hate to be Stringer right now. Wonder if he will play AFL in 18 at all.

It was always going to come down to the final couple of days. All reports are it’s a better chance of getting done then not. I think we are looking pretty good atm and there is no scenario brought up where we are paying overs for him...

Huh????

Talk about a sorry sack, chill he will be wearing the sash. 100%

Still underselling zorko. Fantastic player yet someone like treloar is rated higher.

Would have had Zorko in the top 10 of players in the competition. Cameron isn't in the top 10 of his position.

Pick 18 is more than fair for Cameron.

And we are unrealistic and hard to deal with? (relatively unproven 3rd defender worth 2 x first round picks, run of the mill small forward/outside midfielder worth a top 3 player from the club, next they'll want Aaron Francis for a 3rd rounder)
All spot on.

It is honestly one of the worst and most lopsided trade suggestions I've heard. Scott West for a third rounder bad.

Bit negative for a Wednesday morning!

Still 2 days to go, all reports are he will 100% be at Essendon.

Stringer deal will be done tomorrow for sure.

It's no different too the Ryder or Cramer deals where we waited until the last day too see if we could get some more value. The bulldogs are quote within their rights to leave it until the last day to try get the best deal for them. And if they can't find one tomorrow they'll take the 2 second rounders.

The mind bends to think holding Stringer to his contract is a good option for the doggies.

Goodness people are emotionally volatile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dodoro chillin
feeling-good.gif

Haha, so the dogs are swapping the picks we give them for 13, it's not like Dodoro has been begging other clubs to trade us their early pick, he's just like "these are the picks we are offering, take it or leave it", mean while the dogs try to trade those picks so that it's no longer what Essendon offered them a week ago. McCartney is an embarrassment, Dodoro has schooled him and Gordon.

Bit early to be on the piss

I don't think Stringer will be a huge contributor in 2018. He has too much going on outside footy. He might also put in 50% effort at training and spend a lot of time in the VFL. At his best he was very good. But with 16 other clubs not wanting him for very good reasons, he comes with a high risk.

Hoping that if we get him, he buddies up with Devon Smith who has a high work ethic and is also new to the club.

It's a face saving exercise.

The Dogs can't accept the two second rounders until they can instantly on trade it to a first rounder, as that is what they made their stand for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back