Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacobs said he needed some help next year, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out if we got Preuss he'd be sharing duties with Jacobs.

Amongst games basis or within games? Week to week would be a huge backflip on our oft mentioned thriving on continuity and huge workload. Playing them at the same time would be a complete and utter disaster. But, if ROB isn't going then I fear it will be an in-game sharing if duties. Fitting Lynch, Tex, JJ and Gov into the forward rotation won't be a problem because we know how unimportant forward 50 pressure is.

Edit - just read AFGM post, forgot about Fog. He'd better prep himself for a year in the SANFL or hope for injuries. No we he can be added to that group in a 22.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see Fog down back vs playing in SANFL.
Trade Hartigan

Give Pruess 1st crack and say go hard at it until he tires given its his 1st full season then give Jacobs a month and freshen Pruess up.
Having 2 relatively fresh ruckmen for finals would be a novelty.

What if...

Despite all the Port talk, Lycett is actually coming to the Crows?

We nail a new first ruck for the next 5 years without having to give up any draft picks thanks to the spare money from McGovern bailing, leaving us free to pursue deals to improve our draft position.

If he’s watching Port lose Polec and throw the likes of Wingard on the table, surely he’s smelling a rebuild at Alberton and the chance to join our crew looks a lot better in comparison.

Hopefully the Eagles win the flag this weekend so he’s happy to move on.

He’s no world beater but I reckon he’s good enough given all the other elements in play.

Perhaps he knows that those guys going is how they're finding the cap space for his inflated salary requirements. What's funny with Port is that they tried the Ryder forward/ruck system. Ryder is a ruckman, they need a forward who can pinch hit, I'm not sure that Lycett is that.

Have to say if north let pruess go it’s pretty bad list management. Have spent years developing him only to get an extra year maybe 2 max out of Goldstein.
This. Should’ve blooded Preuss for half the year this year telling him he will be transitioned into first ruck come 2020. This hasn’t happened and now he’s leaving, North left with no one.

Sanfl side
McKay Hartigan Otten
McPherson Cheney Kelly
Draft Pick 15 Douglas Atkins
Davis Fogarty Polholke
McGovern Pick Himmelberg Stengle

Sauce CEY Wilson
Draft pick 20 Draft pick 37 Draft pick 68, Draft pick 80

Lots of list cloggers.
Pruess and pick 7 in best 22 AFL side.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sanfl side
McKay Hartigan Otten
McPherson Cheney Kelly
Draft Pick 20 Douglas Atkins
Davis Fogarty Polholke
McGovern Pick Himmelberg Draft Pick 37

Sauce CEY Draft pick 15
Rookie, Rookie, Rookie, Rookie

Lots of list cloggers.
Stengle, Pruess and pick 7 in best 22 in AFL side.
So Murphy's not playing SANFL and Stengle's playing AFL...Nup

Some news that flittered past me today.

Tom Doedee deal is done. 2 year extension, so with next year, he will be signed until end of 2021.

Pruess is not coming to us. Has picked to be backup at Melbourne. Going for the extra $$$. I think this means Melbourne are expecting Hogan to go.

Tom Doedee deal is done. 2 year extension, so with next year, he will be signed until end of 2021.

Pruess is not coming to us. Has picked to be backup at Melbourne. Going for the extra $$$. I think this means Melbourne are expecting Hogan to go.

Joining the dots, Hogan moving could be why:
- Freo happy to let Neale go
- Freo haven’t made a play for Gov
- May to Melbourne rumours

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty disappointing if he chooses to be a backup to the best ruck in the comp instead of coming to where in a year or so he could be the main man.

Pretty disappointing if he chooses to be a backup to the best ruck in the comp instead of coming to where in a year or so he could be the main man.
Agree. But if he is told he plays most weeks, Gawn and him alternate in the ruck and forward and he gets extra $$$ it isn't such a big call. Disappointing though.

Good of Tom, but...

That's career suicide for Preuss unless Gawn does an ACL. Also, why would Melbourne pay Preuss big money to be in reserve? Unless they plan on playing him out of full forward?

Just makes no sense to me from a list management angle, nor Preuss' angle.

I can believe Pruess won’t come here, but back up at Melbourne for the extra $?

Even with Hogan gone there is Weidermann in that tall forward spot. He simply won’t get games, which is apparently why he wants out of North.

Not to mention Melbourne with all that maturing talent are going to have bigger salary cap problems than just about anyone. Seriously, they have to already be stretched to the point of trading out players they’d really like to keep. Ie: Hogan

Agree. But if he is told he plays most weeks, Gawn and him alternate in the ruck and forward and he gets extra $$$ it isn't such a big call. Disappointing though.

Pruess to Melbourne, cant see it with T McDonald forward and surely they would continue with Weideman up forward. Then they got Pedersen, King, Filopovic
They would have to have massive cap issues moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back