List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Lukosius hasn’t extended his contract yet. Seems he wants to come home either this year or next year. Just don’t know whether he wants to come to port or crows. Hope he will choose us because his good mate Rozee is with us..

If he went to either club it'd be the Crows because they have more to offer to the Suns and I reckon they might have more cap space. They have a top 5 pick (seriously Carlton can get ****ed for making that trade) and a slew of older players who they could move on for him.

We have nowhere near the chips that the other mob do for doing a trade for Lukosius (unfortunately).

If he went to either club it'd be the Crows because they have more to offer to the Suns and I reckon they might have more cap space. They have a top 5 pick (seriously Carlton can get f’ed for making that trade) and a slew of older players who they could move on for him.

We have nowhere near the chips that the other mob do for doing a trade for Lukosius (unfortunately).

it will come down to who (if he does) select to go to, then the club would facilitate a trade. not enough assets hasn't been a problem ever on the trade table.

also we have plenty of assets it may just hurt going the other way.

Might have been the reason why Hinkley and Voss were smiling at the end of the GWS game.

In terms of players who could replace Dixon, you need someone 25 or younger. Someone who can step into the hole if Dixon gets injured (and eventually retires) who would take the opposition's best defender and be a real presence in the forward line.

Right age profile, would fit into the system, GWS just signed up Himmelberg long term for four years this year and has to have money to keep Whitfield, Kelly (who has a player option for another 4 years) and others like Williams who are coming out of contract. They don't have the money to give him a max deal.

What could we pay him? He'd want a 5 year contract.

If you get rid of Frampton (and shift Howard into a developing key forward/back hybrid spot), that's $105k base salary to start with = $550k over five years
We're running at 95% cap space for the past few years, so we can overspend for three years = $3.6m over three years and $600k over the remaining two
Ryder will be off the books by the end of next year if he stays = $440k over four years

So theoretically, you could pay Cameron $1.158m a year over five years just by getting rid of Frampton and Ryder...not to mention the savings you could get by shifting someone like Trengove or McKenzie to the rookie list.

Then you could go from Dixon/Cameron/Marshall to Cameron/Howard/Marshall and not skip a beat.

There is no one way known that Jeremy Cameron ever comes to us.

it will come down to who (if he does) select to go to, then the club would facilitate a trade. not enough assets hasn't been a problem ever on the trade table.

also we have plenty of assets it may just hurt going the other way.

Luko is a top 5 pick in a superdraft and has shown he's going to be a gun. GC would ream us dry if he wanted to leave. Unless we move on Wines it's not happening this year.

Luko is a top 5 pick in a superdraft and has shown he's going to be a gun. GC would ream us dry if he wanted to leave. Unless we move on Wines it's not happening this year.

a) gold coast has never "reamed" anyone. they basically give it away up there.
b) we have 2 first rounders in next 2 years and looks likely we will lose 1 inside mid be it SPP or Wines

if by some miracle he nominates Port Adelaide a trade would be done, that shouldn't be the concern here. the concern is, is he worth it and can we get him to say he wants to play at Port.

If he went to either club it'd be the Crows because they have more to offer to the Suns and I reckon they might have more cap space. They have a top 5 pick (seriously Carlton can get f’ed for making that trade) and a slew of older players who they could move on for him.

Wines and Ryder say hi!

a) gold coast has never "reamed" anyone. they basically give it away up there.
b) we have 2 first rounders in next 2 years and looks likely we will lose 1 inside mid be it SPP or Wines

if by some miracle he nominates Port Adelaide a trade would be done, that shouldn't be the concern here. the concern is, is he worth it and can we get him to say he wants to play at Port.

GC have always gotten good value for their contracted players. Charlie Dixon is a good example of that. Luko is a contracted top 5 pick who's been there for one year and has another to go. They'll extract literally everything they can from a club who wants him. And neither of our first rounders will be a top 5 pick which the Crows have. We also have Jackson Mead coming through as a F/S this year.

I've watched Lukosius enough to think he's going to be a multiple AA player and if the stars aligned that he wanted to come here and we had what it took to get him, I would be dancing naked in the freezing hell that is Central Victoria if he's playing for us next year.

However, as said before, I think we'll lose out if he wanted to leave this year because the Crows have more to offer to the Suns and more importantly, Luko (ie; money).

Re Lukosius, do people who've seen a lot of him think he'll ever develop into a KPF with a high scoring output? If not, is he really what we need? I get the need for talls roaming up the ground, but would we be paying too high a price for him given the role it seems he'd have long term? I feel like we could draft a tall with a 2nd or 3rd rounder and develop them to play that role reasonably well.

Happy to be convinced otherwise, as I've only seen a limited amount of Lukosius.

Don’t the Crows have a bunch of old hacks they want to offload (which will almost certainly involve them keeping most of the wage in their salary cap) while we’ve got about as much room in cap as a club can have?

If Lukosius wants to come, money won’t be an issue. And I wonder at what point GC would rather talk to us about midaged largely ready players on our list than Eddie Betts and pick #3 or #4 in a weaker draft (one in which they already have picks 1 and maybe 2)

Well we have Mead and Taj coming through to us in the next two years, what about Tex Wanganeen? Is he still tracking okay? You'd think if Wine's did want to go with SPP, Drew and Atley in the mix (not as good as Wines) with Taj and Mead coming in he's replaceable and could help us jiggle a Key Forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly haven't seen enough from Lukosius yet. I seen more from Marshall in his first couple games that told me he had serious KPF potential.
Im with you, I'm sure he's good, but I haven't seen it yet.

Don’t the Crows have a bunch of old hacks they want to offload (which will almost certainly involve them keeping most of the wage in their salary cap) while we’ve got about as much room in cap as a club can have?

If Lukosius wants to come, money won’t be an issue. And I wonder at what point GC would rather talk to us about midaged largely ready players on our list than Eddie Betts and pick #3 or #4 in a weaker draft (one in which they already have picks 1 and maybe 2)
Exactly. The last thing GC need is more draft picks to continue the cycle. GC needs good players willing to stay there. Any non-tall on our list is an acceptable part of a trade that gets us him playing for us. Whether that's directly, or by trading one to a club, who then trade a quality player willing to go to GC. Picks are the icing part of any trade for him if GC has the slightest bit of common sense.

Edit: If the player put up has most going 'NOT HIM!', then it's probably someone of the caliber we need to offer.

Exactly. The last thing GC need is more draft picks to continue the cycle. GC needs good players willing to stay there. Any non-tall on our list is an acceptable part of a trade that gets us him playing for us. Whether that's directly, or by trading one to a club, who then trade a quality player willing to go to GC. Picks are the icing part of any trade for him if GC has the slightest bit of common sense.

Edit: If the player put up has most going 'NOT HIM!', then it's probably someone of the caliber we need to offer.

Billy?

Gold Coast are looking for experienced players in the 27-plus age range.

Sam Gray fits the bill. Ryder too. Tom Jonas....

Chad Cornes

So us offering them Sam Gray, Matthew Broadbent and Cam Sutcliffe for one of the best prospects to come out of SA footy in years who could be our next Tredrea is an acceptable trade?

Okey Dokey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back