Trades/Delistings/Recruitment Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you guys get Seaby, as a number one ruckman he's fantastic, struggled as a backup however once Mumford overtook him when he was injured last year.

I have said all along I would be going for Seaby ahead of Maric. Would have been Sydneys number 1 ruck but Mumford turned into a jet.

I would imagine Sydney would be alot easier to deal with as well.

Craig Cameron will be on Trade Week Radio sometime after 3pm.

Someone listen out and give us all a run down on what he has to say.

I have said all along I would be going for Seaby ahead of Maric. Would have been Sydneys number 1 ruck but Mumford turned into a jet.

Perhaps Connors for Seaby straight up, thoughts?

Has been rumoured Port are interested.
They have a few they're interested in - makes sense, seeing as it can be relatively difficult to get trades through, so no point putting all eggs in one basket.

Griffin and Renouf are the other two that have been mentioned in relation to Port BTW. Are either seen as better options than Maric, or are we left choosing between 2nd string rucks who can't get games at their respective clubs (as opposed to genuine 1st rucks who just happen to be kept out by out and out guns?)

Port said on trade week radio that they spoke to Ivan but he indicated that he wants to come to Tigerland and they respect that so havent spoken to Adelaide about him! they're more into Griffin and would prefer to develope Lobbe instead of bring Maric in to hold him back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest, it's been pretty poor drafting with the only ruckman on our list 2 ex-rookie list players and a speculative pick #63. No wonder we're in this position.

Tend to agree. After every draft period we hear that we were interested in this young ruckman and that young ruckman but rarely end up with one. Would like to think that will change now.

what would people give up for tom gillies? starved of opportunity at geelong. and when you consider how well laidler played this year, i think we should give him an opportunity.

192cm and 89kg, could be solid down back for us.

also jarrad moore from sydney? fallen way down the pecking order at sydney, i think he'd be a good midfielder to throw into our mids, i mean we are probably 3-4 mids short. loves winning the contested footy.

thoughts?

what would people give up for tom gillies? starved of opportunity at geelong. and when you consider how well laidler played this year, i think we should give him an opportunity.

192cm and 89kg, could be solid down back for us.

also jarrad moore from sydney? fallen way down the pecking order at sydney, i think he'd be a good midfielder to throw into our mids, i mean we are probably 3-4 mids short. loves winning the contested footy.

thoughts?
Would love Tom Gillies Cats arnt known for asking alot for there fringe players. Only young type of player we need shown some good signs and has developed under some of the best coaches in the leaugue and one of the AFL's greatest full backs of all time in Scarlett.

I used to think Seaby was a dud, but I am starting to think you are correct. He was a very good tap Ruckman just useless around the ground (upgrade on Graham as he is just useless).

Would spew if we caved into Adelaide just because we need a Ruckman. I would have told Adelaide to stick it yesterday and walked out, the fact we are continuing talks has me slightly concerned.

when seaby played against us he tore us a new one, scored about 150 supercoach points. has always played second fiddle though, michael gardiner at west coast and now behind mumford at sydney. surely he'd be starving for a first ruck role?

Would love Tom Gillies Cats arnt known for asking alot for there fringe players. Only young type of player we need shown some good signs and has developed under some of the best coaches in the leaugue and one of the AFL's greatest full backs of all time in Scarlett.
you serious? gillies is a replacement for Matthew Scarlett for when he retires at the end of 2012, he would cost more than you think. cause the Cats said he's a required player and he's also Contracted :p

when seaby played against us he tore us a new one, scored about 150 supercoach points. has always played second fiddle though, michael gardiner at west coast and now behind mumford at sydney. surely he'd be starving for a first ruck role?

you cant compare what ruckmen did against us when Browne was rucking dude.

Its what Seaby did against actual ruckmen, like Griggs that matters..

But seriously I hope the brains trust look beyond what ruckmen did against us, when assessing their worth.;)

Maric to Tigers. Geez, big call there DT. I dunno about that one.

Did I say i was breaking news, re read what I wrote! By lunch time tomorrow. The 2nd trade could be the influencing factor on what we give crows for.

It could be Luke M with our pick 55 for lions pick 30 something then we trade that pick to crows, but I'm only summizing could be way of. I M should be a tiger by tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back