Trades- Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wanna do 1 trade... which one more important ??

Everitt to ??? (probably Enright, but already have Lower & Broughton)

or

Yarran to Dawes

Like many, tempted by one of Libba and Curnow but I reckon both have JS issues despite their form in the first two rounds. Probably Curnow more likely. Collingwood will be the real test this week.

Need to get rid of a couple of underperformers and am tempted by a host of rookies. Just have to decide whether to ride it out or pounce. Curnow and Libba are very tempting.

I've probably picked my worst initial squad ever. After being happy with my team for 2 weeks I got sucked into NAB scores and totally re did it an hour before round 1 lockout. As a result I've got to get rid of;

Everitt: Just looks like a dud pick through and through. Not playing as a rebounder at all.
Foley? Looks underdone and has been overtaken by younger players in the midfield. However, is very cheap and I still believe he can increase in price eventually.
Bruce? Possibly taken over Brown's lockdown position in the backline. Had Knights vs Adelaide and Green vs Melbourne. Only got a good score due to 2nd half junk time.
Yarran? Is too damaging when left unchecked not to be tagged. When tagged he doesn't even look like he wants to try and break it.

I've got to get rid of Everitt for sure but with only 90K in the bank and no downgrade options I've got to make a 2nd trade to get the cash to upgrade Everitt.

Foley -> Libba/Curnow?
Bruce/Everitt -> McMahon/Broadbent/O'Brian/Suckling?
Yarran -> Tapscott?

I've got NFI...

Can somebody please work this out for me. If Richardson scores 60 for the next 5 games what will his price be? If Tapscott scores 90 for the next 5 games what will his price be?

Am looking at Morton => Dawes at this stage.

Does anybody else think that Dawes will turn into a keeper as a 6th/7th forward?

a) Collingwood players rack up HUGE DT numbers
b) He gets terrific delivery
c) He works up the ground and gets his fair share of possessions for a key forward
d) He chases and tackles hard
e) He doesn't concede free kicks

Will definitely wait until I see the teams on Thursday before making any changes. Am definitely going to keep the faith with the underperforming players like N Riewoldt, Goddard, Montagna, Broughton & Franklin (although Buddy turned it around in the 2nd half).

Is it stupid to trade Swallow out for Curnow? I will get like 63k out of the trade, and next week Curnow should jump in price too.

I have libba already, so is this trade too sideways or is it worth the risk?

Using two trades this week, with 24 this year I think most coaches will be using two this week to get their squads right before price changes/major byes.

I'm downgrading Sloane to Curnow/Libba, it's a no brainer, Sloane is out for 8 weeks and it will free up a lot of cash. I'm leaning towards Curnow, I will need his score when the Dogs/Saints have a bye or else risk copping a zero. There are concerns over is JS but if he keeps this form going I can't see him being ommited.

The second trade I'm most likely to do is Issac Smith to tapscott, though i want to asses my DP players before that goes through.

Some keepers have let me down, Broughton and Bruce but they shoudl bounce back so I'll hold off on a trade for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a long shot thought. He's actually started with 2 good scores. We won't be tag with kerr in the team. May be a good unquie pick.

But more likely going to trade foley or atley to Curnow. Dont know who to trade out :(

Is Conca to Libba worth it? Only trade I am thinking aboot.

Def, played 2 games 75 and 100+

Any alternatives for Goddard as a back? I need to sell him while hes 470 70 points does not cut it

Also thinking of getting rid of Kraks or Prestia and going Tapscott because Tappas will play all games.

Looking at trading Atley to either Libba or Curnow - unsure which one at this stager. Leaning towards Libba due to JS but not sure which will be the better option.

I could trade Hibberd to get both but then will lose my DP backs/mid link.

Am seriously concerned about Broughton right now as well and thinking about the sideways trade to Enright although it's something I swore wouldn't do. Probably won't pull the trigger I suspect.

Looking at

Kennedy (swans) to Libba
Astbury to Enright

Would give me a very questionable midfield with Libba, Curnow, Harris and Heppell all on field this week. With Foley, Anthony and Irons on the bench.
Maybe take the risk of playing Foley this week rather than Curnow vs the Pies?

Thoughts?

Foley? Looks underdone and has been overtaken by younger players in the midfield. However, is very cheap and I still believe he can increase in price eventually.

I had similar thoughts about Luke Ball early last year, and he ended up being a fairly solid player. I'd keep him for now, he shouldn't lose too much cash if he doesn't pick up the pace, and I doubt he'll get dropped just yet.

I'm doing rookie-correction trades this week ... Hibberd -> Libba Jnr, Richardson -> Tapscott.

Like some others, I'm thinking about trading Montagna. It's against the rules, but I just don't think he's worth it this year. Will probably go to Boyd. Would like Pendles, but don't really want the 2 pie mids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back