Preview Trades We Need

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND

Sammy steps down as Cap to cencentrate as being the best extractor in the league. Hodgey steps up.

You know thats what we need.

In summary
1. Trade Lewis to Freemantle for Tarrant
2. Trade Sewell and Bateman to Blues for Jacobs
3. Use first draft pick to get pacey on-baller

IMO, if some of this happens, get on board for 2011.

Just think of the guns we would have.

Possible team in nother post.

GO HAWKS

would have to disagree with your trade plans. You want to trade half our midfield for kpd that is 30 and and average ruckman who MAY be some good a couple of years from now.

firstly dnt mind the idea of tarrant for one or two years to develop shoey or lisle, but we would only need to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him as he is 30 and has already told freo he is leaving. dnt think we really need another ruckman expecially if bob comes back to us.renouf will only get better. as for the pace in midfield that everyone is harping on about, cyril burgouyne, bateman, and young problem solved. also liked the look of jkt as a replacment for one of these boys should they get injured.

in summary

trade second or third round pick for tarrant
get bob with a late pick
look at a mid, medium foward and a kp player in the draft

we will not trade lewis for tarrant - never happen. tarrant has very little trade value in this trade week. of course freo will push for a good player but they won't get one. i am not against the idea of getting tarrant, but not for lewis. maybe we should go for warnock or nathan brown - cheaper and they may look for better opportunities and they are younger as well.

i also couldn't see us trading sewell and bateman for another ruckman. we have 4 ruckmen and grimley and lowden as development players. i can't see why we would trade sewell - sure this year wasn't his best but he is good and gets the hard ball.

i can see renouf leading our ruck stocks for years to come. a lot will depend on how taylor and big max come on - i really hope max can stay injury free. taylor has bugger all trade value, so i can't see us getting jacobs.

i agree with getting speed - we do need that. but we need the player who has the speed to step into the side next year - not sit at box hill waiting for an opportunity. if we do go for speed, then the player that might be in the gun is ladson.

birchall is our rebounding defender and will get better IMO, he had a good year this year. and lisle sounds like a player - i do wonder about roughy playing CHB, has he got the tank and could he develop that game in the off season? not sure TBH. if so, then lisle is in.

I would trade Sewell for Tarrant in a heartbeat.

I love Sewell, but he's 28 and a surplus of our needs, and has massive trade value.

I just wish we kept Kennedy. Great extractor and only 21, compared to all our 27-28 yo mids. He's on the improve while our current mids are about as good as their gonna get.

Not that I would even consider it but Sewell or Barteman alone would probably get you Jacobs. I agree with your 'needs' but after than am against you;

- not averse to trading a third rounder and fringe (moss/morton etc) for Tarrant to come in and be a bit of a guide for a couple of years.

- if all fit we do have enough 'quick' mids in Burgers, Rioli and Young but unlike most other teams I dont think we have drafted in a quality young midfielder to step straight in for a long time (i.e. Hannebery, Hill etc) so I would be using the first pick on the best young mid we can get.

- failing the above, I agree that we probably have 1 too many inside mids and could afford to trade one for a QUALITY outside mid...I would probably lean to Sewell as Lewis has youth on his side.

- touch wood, Bailey will be raring to go next year and with Renouf and Skipper/Taylor in the wings we should be in reasonable shape.

I would trade Sewell for Tarrant in a heartbeat.

I love Sewell, but he's 28 and a surplus of our needs, and has massive trade value.

I just wish we kept Kennedy. Great extractor and only 21, compared to all our 27-28 yo mids. He's on the improve while our current mids are about as good as their gonna get.

Sewell is 26 not 28, and an a-grade mid. We could get Tarrant for pick 36ish if he chooses to come. Thats like trading Sewell for pick 36. RIdiculous!

I don't understand why you want to trade a KPD who can play on the Gorillas andput Roughy to CHB.

Surely if you make the trade he doesn't need to go back and if he goes back then you don't need the trade.

This is a rediculous thread

Trade Bateman and Sewel for some ruckman that has achieved what exactly?? Trade Sewel for Tarrant in heartbeat!

Thank christ none of you people have any say in trading or recruiting.
Are you guys trolls?

Absolutely and utterly shocking, some of the worst lopsided trades of all time, getting rid of 3 key onballers for a KP backman thats in the arse end of his career, thats coming of a 13 game season, If Frematle get a pick higher than pick 35, I'd consider that as massive steal by Fremantle, and also a ruckman that has played one very good quarter for the entirety of his career. Oh dear!

You have shown very little understanding of the game, the fact that you want to throw Roughead at CHB furter proves this, he doesn't have the tank nor the speed to be a backman ultimately becoming a liability.

I'm open for the trading of Sewell for the right price and the right trade, for someone like Mundy and a draft pick(not our first), a type of player we are in desperate need off, but to be rid of 3 midfielders and 3 that are involved in our rotations is just plain crazy talk, not to mention it will weaken our side rather than improving it.

The OP made some sense until he got to the trade proposals! Oh dear...

Lewis should not be traded.
Sewell - it would have to be a very good offer but I would consider it. Certainly not for Jacobs.
Bateman - if he wanted out I would let him go, maybe to WCE for a younger player or a pick.

Tarrant is worth a 3rd round pick plus Moss, no more.

We should chase -
- Drummond (rebound defender, tall and great kick)
- McKinley (3rd Forward, want to come to Vic, should be cheap but has room for improvement).
- Pace (Ash Smith and Justin Sherman are two who might be available).

I bow down to the better judgement of all above.

Obviously not some of my best work. However, the point remains is that we do have to change some things up to get back on even terms with the top 3 sides in the competition. If we can do it through drafting, fantastic. Else, some hard decisions may need to be made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In summary

GO HAWKS

There are some ridiculous trade ideas that are thrown around the boards at this time of the year, but dude seriously, that is definitely the club house leader.

Sam Jacobs could be an alright ruckman - but trading one of the best most versatile inside midfielders in the game and a veteran breaking the lines hard running outside midfielder to get a second year ok ruckman in a team with 4 ruckmen is the dumbest thing I heard. That's like Carlton trading Judd and Kade Simpson for Renouf - you have rocks in your head

Lewis for Tarrant is too moronic to even comment on -

Here's a little exercise for people who want to do this trade at all costs nonsense -

Write what you think is our best 22 on paper. Then look at it long and hard and try to identify what positions are weak. THEN instead of trying to get players from the other teams best 22 that will cost an arm and a leg - look for fringe players at other teams who have potential, want to go as they can't get a game and finally offer them a guaranteed place in our starting 22

If that sounds stupid to you maybe you should ask Paul Roos about the method they took to get Kennedy, McGlynn, Mumford, Seaby and Bradshaw

we need to get smarter with our recruiting and dumping players the Quality of Sewell, Lewis and Bateman is not the answer

The OP made some sense until he got to the trade proposals! Oh dear...

Lewis should not be traded.
Sewell - it would have to be a very good offer but I would consider it. Certainly not for Jacobs.
Bateman - if he wanted out I would let him go, maybe to WCE for a younger player or a pick.

Tarrant is worth a 3rd round pick plus Moss, no more.

We should chase -
- Drummond (rebound defender, tall and great kick)
- McKinley (3rd Forward, want to come to Vic, should be cheap but has room for improvement).
- Pace (Ash Smith and Justin Sherman are two who might be available).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

another OMG! have you seen mckinley play?
could not get a kick in bart cummings' stable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting You guys mentioned Chris Tarrant. Ok lets get this straight Chris Tarrants 4 year contract ended this season. His Wife/Girlfriend/Fiance wants to live back at Victoria. Since Tarrants contract runs out you could get him in the Pre-Season Draft. If he goes in the ND or PSD I wouldnt be suprised if North Melbourne might get him since his younger brother plays for them.

So basically Despite his age at 30 I reckon a 2 possibly 3 clubs would be after him. Im assuming you would want him so he can fill Trent croads spot in a key defensive spot. If you do get him I reckon you could at least get 2-3 years out of him and Since you have the core of your premiership team in 2008, the next 2-3 years will be premiership chances. Keep in mind you still have a young squad.

My only concern with tarrant was he had a bad run with injury. I want an honest opinion what would be an Ideal trade if it happens? I preferably would want a WA guy coming home.

Franklin: No chance that would happen.

Sewell: Unlikely

Campbell brown: Wont Happen, but I wouldnt mind taking him.

Chance Bateman: Not exactly the best player But I would take him over Headland in freos 22. Majority of freos midfield are 1st and 2nd year players and/or under 22.

Hell If you still had Mark Williams still on your list I would of taken a look at him as well. We need another forward pocket with Ballantyne.

I doubt You would want to trade picks due to GC getting majority of the picks.

Besides you owe Fremantle a fair trade! lol You gave us Luke McPharlin and Trent Croad and we gave you Picks 1 (Luke Hodge), 20 (Daniel Elstone) and 36 (Sam Mitchell).

Well Ive said all my thoughts.

In summary
3. Use first draft pick to get pacey on-baller

While we are at it, maybe trade trade Buddy and Roughy for draft picks as Lisle and Dowler will hold down the key forward spots

then as Max Bailey is the next Polly Farmer trade Renouf for another draft pick,

use these draft pick to select and bunch of injury prone young hacks who everyone on this board will overrate for years to come, i think Mitch Thorp may have a younger brother,

then maybe Hodge and Mitchell for as if we are trading away lewis for a 30 year old CHB, maybe pick some older players to add osmehting maybe get Corey Jone over,

there we have it watch out priority picks for 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back